What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 vs Sharks

MugaB

Coach
After half time we declared, we might aswell have just played cricket out there, sharks weren't playing awful, we just aren't on their level, we are somewhere 5 steps ahead

The Realist

Juniors
We played better in the second half than we have the last 2 weeks.

Shark did fire up at times, but we had a few periods there were we dropped off. That last 15 mins was pretty ordinary from us. Nathans kicking game wasn't at the same level as it has been in recent times.

I felt like we almost phoned that effort in. We are more than a level or two above the Sharks but honestly we would have beaten them by another 12 or so points.

Pretty scary that we still have significant improvement in this team despite winning pretty comfortably for the majority of this 10 game winning run.

mxlegend99

Referee
Hard to gauge Laurie when he has only played about 25 minutes of first grade.
That's enough time for 2 tries to Staines though
Again Laurie has done nothing wrong. But Staines was deadset out of this world. Bit unrealistic to expect anyone to top that. Yet people claim he's the better of the two.

On first grade form that's not the case. Lower grade form is irrelevant to what players are capable of in first grade though.

franklin2323

Immortal
Great win.

Hopefully Koroisau just being rested as opposed to injured?

And how long does Kikau get for that shoulder charge?

Won’t be great if they miss a few games at this end of the season.

Kikau prob is rested anyway so if gets a week or 2. Solves the Capewell issue

Gee that sounds very different from the wrap Ivan gave him tonight in the presser.

Ivan really gave him a wrap? Wow. I thought he was average. Unless Ivan was praising him for stepping in at dummy half?

He’s really not a centre, I think it would’ve been better to play Laurie on the wing and keep May on the bench

Only a minor quibble, though.

Fangs

Coach
Special mention to Martin and Mansour. Both were outstanding.

Luai best on field. Though it came through possession, must have been a plan to target the Sharks right edge. He is a star when he gets enough ball.

We have got enough strike power on both sides. Things are looking good.

mxlegend99

Referee
Ivan really gave him a wrap? Wow. I thought he was average. Unless Ivan was praising him for stepping in at dummy half?

He’s really not a centre, I think it would’ve been better to play Laurie on the wing and keep May on the bench

May has been deadset average at centre. Looked a million times better off the bench.

Honestly at centre not much different to Burns really.

franklin2323

Immortal

It had to of been to get him gametime just incase surely

franklin2323

Immortal
Special mention to Martin and Mansour. Both were outstanding.

Luai best on field. Though it came through possession, must have been a plan to target the Sharks right edge. He is a star when he gets enough ball.

We have got enough strike power on both sides. Things are looking good.

Their right is terrible so makes sense

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

He said that May has played almost a different position every single week. One week came in when Kiks went off and played in the 2nd row. Tonight played centre, and when api went off played dummy half.

I thought what Ivan said was spot on. Some folks perhaps need to look above their current agendas.

Kev07

Juniors
Gee that sounds very different from the wrap Ivan gave him tonight in the presser.
Has done well playing out of position as a centre. Has played against much experienced centres in Crocker & Dugan who both have over 200 first grade games to May's 3 games at centre to date.

As Ivan said he's been valuable having played 5 different positions in his eight games to date and having to play on both sides of the field as a back or forward, and not in his favoured position.

Kilkenny

Coach
38-12 brilliant. Had to watch the game from seats on the fence so a bit more difficult than I am used to but no complaints all good. Sharks bogey side no more for the time being anyway, Martin carving up Moylan on at least two occasions led to tries.

Latest posts