What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

tonks

Juniors
Wasted Opportunities - Most Errors in the Opposition 20

Pos Player Errors

1 Scott Drinkwater 9

2 Zac Lomax 8

2 Herbie Farnworth 8

2 Luke Keary 8

5 Bryce Cartwright 7

5 Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 7

5 Suliasi Vunivalu 7

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/568e36baf45174a76920f4bf81d928b4

All good and well to mock and try take the p!ss out of ex Panthers players. But look at those number 2's in the list.

Zac Lomax :thinking:.
Luke Keary :thinking:.

2 players highly rated by commentators and analysts alike. One of them a 3 time premiership winner.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story boys and girls :)

Hooked

Juniors
All good and well to mock and try take the p!ss out of ex Panthers players. But look at those number 2's in the list.

Zac Lomax :thinking:.
Luke Keary :thinking:.

2 players highly rated by commentators and analysts alike. One of them a 3 time premiership winner.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story boys and girls :)

Keary would have a lot more touches in opposition 20's than most. Errors to total touches stat would be interesting.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Only 5 rounds of the regular season left.

Our run home is:
Tigers (H)
Broncos (A)
Eels (H) would have been a sellout, dam you Covid
Cowboys (A)
Bulldogs (A)

We should win at least 3 of these.
Not out of the realms of possibility that we could win all these.
Giving us 15 straight wins:)

age.s

First Grade
He certainly wouldnt look of of place, Cook was excellent for NSW previously though. Depends on how much stock Freddy puts on incumbency.

A lot of the Origin stuff will depend on the finals. It'll be tough to leave Api out if he wins a CC and Souffs bounce out in w1.

GongPanther

Referee
Only 5 rounds of the regular season left.

Our run home is:
Tigers (H)
Broncos (A)
Eels (H) would have been a sellout, dam you Covid
Cowboys (A)
Bulldogs (A)

We should win at least 3 of these.
Not out of the realms of possibility that we could win all these.
Giving us 15 straight wins:)
If we win 15 straight, then possibly another 3 in this years finals series, that will put us as 2nd all time winning streak if we win the GF.

Then if we win the 1st round of next season, we will tie the record held by the illustrious Easts team of 1975. And winning the round 2 game will break that record.

We don't get the record, we could try to at least get into the top 5. For mine, I think it will be too much of a hard task. But you never know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Rugby_League_records#Most_consecutive_wins

Last edited:

BxTom

Bench
If we win 15 straight, then possibly another 3, that will put us as 2nd all time winning streak if we win the GF.

Then if we win the 1st round of next season, we will tie the record held by the illustrious Easts team of 1975. And winning the round 2 game will break that record.

We don't get the record, we could try to at least get into the top 5. For mine, I think it will be too much of a hard task. But you never know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Rugby_League_records#Most_consecutive_wins
1975 was pre NRL (ARL?), so we will br record holders for the NRL period.

The_Frog

First Grade
Api has to be NSW hooker. Cook's been awful.
For much of the season, he's been part of a forward pack that has struggled to go forward against the better sides. He did well against a Manly side that was shot to bits, but his tests lie ahead. He's always been a defensive liability IMHO.

Jane Murray

Bench
For much of the season, he's been part of a forward pack that has struggled to go forward against the better sides. He did well against a Manly side that was shot to bits, but his tests lie ahead. He's always been a defensive liability IMHO.
Which one?

Crashtest

Juniors
Griffin is apparently the front runner for the Dragons head coaching position according to SMH.

I can see their logic behind wanting a disciplinarian to help turn things around, and that Griffins winning percentage looks good on paper. But you think a club would also investigate the reason he was sacked at Penrith, and even put a call through to the man that sacked him and who did a review of their club last season.

Good luck to him if he gets it. But he would certainly need to change his style and have learnt from his Penrith exit to be able to have success at the Dragons.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/griffin-the-front-runner-for-dragons-job-20200824-p55otd.html

The_Frog

First Grade
Griffin is apparently the front runner for the Dragons head coaching position according to SMH.

I can see their logic behind wanting a disciplinarian to help turn things around, and that Griffins winning percentage looks good on paper. But you think a club would also investigate the reason he was sacked at Penrith, and even put a call through to the man that sacked him and who did a review of their club last season.

Good luck to him if he gets it. But he would certainly need to change his style and have learnt from his Penrith exit to be able to have success at the Dragons.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/griffin-the-front-runner-for-dragons-job-20200824-p55otd.html
If Gould is to be believed, he did not sack Griffin. The board did. There are conflicting stories but what doesn't appear to be in dispute is that Gould and Griffin did not get along and in fact did not even talk to one another. Cameron Ciraldo became the messenger boy. As long as Gould is not present, Griffin should do well.

snickers007

Juniors

Pretty sure Gould has come out and said that the Dragons didn't give him the resources needed to even conduct a proper review. Gave him a bunch of things that were 'out of bounds', and then refused to give him time/access to certain key people and areas.

Sounds like the Dragons wanted the good PR that comes along with saying 'Gus is doing a review' without the hassle of having implementing anything he suggests.

If that is indeed the case, I doubt Gus would bother giving them an honest assessment of Hook.

WestyLife

First Grade
Pretty sure Gould has come out and said that the Dragons didn't give him the resources needed to even conduct a proper review. Gave him a bunch of things that were 'out of bounds', and then refused to give him time/access to certain key people and areas.

Sounds like the Dragons wanted the good PR that comes along with saying 'Gus is doing a review' without the hassle of having implementing anything he suggests.

If that is indeed the case, I doubt Gus would bother giving them an honest assessment of Hook.

Definitely sounded like a PR stunt.

On Griffin I think he'll be good for them. Just get them fit and disciplined and Flanagan will handle the attack.

Latest posts