What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Don't sack Seibold

KennySterling

Juniors
Serious answer to that would be- The coach with the most friends in the media.

Media set the narrative and at the moment roasting Seibold garners the most clicks.

My guess is Kevvie would have a long media honeymoon, and generate a huge amount of nice articles.
" Club son returns " type articles.

Failure in his first year would be put down to "cleaning up the mess" failure in the second year would be
" they're making progress " etc etc ....

Why would Seibold accept a $1m payout when his contract is worth another $3.2m ?
His contract has 4 more years to run (3 plus a 1-year option in his favour).

He's clearly failed badly - but if the Broncos appoint Walters they deserve all they get.

You're right in that Kevvie would get a long honeymoon period with all his mates in the media (and it's full of ex-Broncos)....but what about the fans if they keep on losing ? His track record isn't good.

Kevvie coached Catalans Dragons in SL in 2009-10 and was a disaster, He won only 19 of 54 games over 2 years & 6 of 27 to finish with the wooden-spoon in his final season (2010). .

The Dragons then saw the light and appointed....Trent Robinson.

gerg

Juniors
Dear God I hope Kevvie gets the job. He's gagging for it

Not only because I think the dumb arse would make an awful head coach, but because our ears and eyes would be saved on a weekly basis

Hodges would be promoted to the box and the post playing Fox congo line would continue for the Broncos. Fox exec: 'why don't we get Webcke on the sideline'

Knight Vision

First Grade
Why would Seibold accept a $1m payout when his contract is worth another $3.2m ?
His contract has 4 more years to run (3 plus a 1-year option in his favour).

He's clearly failed badly - but if the Broncos appoint Walters they deserve all they get.

You're right in that Kevvie would get a long honeymoon period with all his mates in the media (and it's full of ex-Broncos)....but what about the fans if they keep on losing ? His track record isn't good.

Kevvie coached Catalans Dragons in SL in 2009-10 and was a disaster, He won only 19 of 54 games over 2 years & 6 of 27 to finish with the wooden-spoon in his final season (2010). .

wow I didnt know Kevvie's record. That's horrendous.

reanimate

Bench

Well that’s one way to go from the shithouse to the penthouse.

Charlie124

First Grade
There can be only one resolution:
  1. Seibs rejects 1M severance package because he knows basic maths.
  2. Broncos sack Seibs + payout $3.2M remaining on hilarious novelty contract
  3. Seibs sails off into sunset on yacht made from solid gold, never to coach first grade again.
  4. Broncos board pat each other on back for finally putting problems to bed for good.
  5. Broncos sign Kevin Walters to hilarious novelty 5 year contract with option for 6 in his favour.

Last edited:
Don't go Seibold, stick to it like your buddy George at playnow.

View attachment 41285

I came here to post the same thing. You see, if he stays, he gets it all.

lfGMNGQHYju_gpMFxCbrvsB8CpdWkDcC1DxsgauoJKdTI4uGlYN3MZ_92cNgH6wi62lneclIZVHIKqQycvi-7RSYmgsAtDCBRJeI2z9hNqTcw2g-ugOvIRc1FByyrqTIVWgPfFAdndRNknVtUhULHYcULg

Chimp

Bench
I just really hope they give Kevvie the job - imagine when he fails, what all the ‘Old boy’ imbos (Tallis, Lazarus, Sailor, Renouf etc etc) who’ve been touting him for years are gonna say - wonder if they’ll hold their hands up and admit they’re also part of the problem....

Long may this death by a thousand cuts demise continue....

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Walters is not a first grade coach

He is a origin coach only where comradeship is more the tactic to get right.

Don’t know if he is the right guy for them but good luck.

Latest posts