What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Buzz suggests Tolman won’t be offered a new contract with the dogs for next year and may struggle to get a deal with another club.

Considering we may need to sign some props, he could be a good option on a cheap deal - still going ok. He may not get to many offers.

obviously no superstar but reckon he still has a bit to offer.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Buzz suggests Tolman won’t be offered a new contract with the dogs for next year and may struggle to get a deal with another club.

Considering we may need to sign some props, he could be a good option on a cheap deal - still going ok. He may not get to many offers.

We already have Alvaro, similar type of player.

Avenger

Immortal

Massive plodder. No thanks.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
which I dont have a problem with,

how ever it was never a fact
I never said it was a fact. If I post anything you can assume it's my opinion. Just like anything you post is yours.

If we provide a source it's just someone else's opinion. Sometimes the opinion matches the facts but most of the time we have no way of knowing. The difference is obvious enough that only a smartarse would run around saying "That's just your opinion!"

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He was never a fullback, never ever. And he’s so expensive because he played one decent game for the Kiwis as captain and all of a sudden he’s worth over 600k lol.
Well plenty of merkins think the best way to get more out of a good winger is to move him to fullback. It's only natural a desperate club would try it. We did it with Hayne for years. Even in 2018 we were desperate enough to give him a couple of games at fullback.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well plenty of merkins think the best way to get more out of a good winger is to move him to fullback. It's only natural a desperate club would try it. We did it with Hayne for years. Even in 2018 we were desperate enough to give him a couple of games at fullback.
Are you seriously comparing Hayne and DWZ??? lol.

Glenneel

Bench
Guys like Alex Johnston, Bevan French and DWZ are not going to be prepared to be backups and play the majority of the year in NSW cup. They also won't take backup players money. And Pangai Jr will want to start , play big minutes and get close to 700k a year (which is what the Broncos owe him next year and beyond).None of those players will get that at Parra.
Pangai will only get that sort of money with one of the lesser teams and doubt he'd want to play for them. Also BA appears to have ruled him out with a definite no to him coming here.

Glenneel

Bench

Average at best, another Alvaro. I'd rather we concentrate on our 2 props from our juniors and promote them next year now that Evans gone.

84 Baby

Referee
If we lose Gower, Peni, Davey, Utoikamanu and Evans, that will be nearly 400 FG games experience we also lose, just in the forwards. Our depth will be pretty inexperienced. I'm very interested on who we may look at/pick up.
Absolutely. The other 2 young props really only replace Stefano and Kaufusi who more less replaces Alvaro (who if stays basically replaces Torpedo or Gower)

Gronk

Staff member
If we lose Gower, Peni, Davey, Utoikamanu and Evans, that will be nearly 400 FG games experience we also lose, just in the forwards. Our depth will be pretty inexperienced. I'm very interested on who we may look at/pick up.

Does that mean that our premiership window is closed already ?
freakout.gif