What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders of your childhood

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Not the Dart

h66jrcb1yt6qzwqf.jpg

Incorrect

Coach
The one thing that gets me about some of the younger ones behind the counter of my local KFC or Woolies is they cant work change out properly,say if something is $15. 25 and you give them a $20 note and then the 25c after it they get the panicked look in their eyes because they have already punched $20 into the register and they may have to use their brains for a few seconds to work out the change difference.
100% This

See it all the time. My missus has a go at me when I do it and tells me not to confuse the kids... I'm like, it's simple arithmetic, they need to engage their brains. One cracking example was when I was at the pub about a year ago. After a couple of rounds, I had a shit load of 2 dollar coins. I ordered my drinks and it came to something like $18. And I give the young bloke a 20 dollar note and as an afterthought, I gave him 8 dollars worth of gold so I can get rid of it... He gets all confused... And I go, "You just need to give me a 10 dollar note change"... He goes, "Oh, okay...". He gives me the 10 dollar note and then asks me, looking at the gold coins that I gave him in his hand, "and what's this?"... I say, "you hold on to that".... And again he goes "Oh okay" and then shoves all the coins in to his own pocket!!!! Lol. He thought I meant it was his to keep for himself!!

And just the other day, I'm getting a coffee at the cafe down the street, $4.50 total. I give the girl a 5 dollar note and a 50 cent piece... And she looks at me and goes, "It's $4.50". "I know" says I. And she just stares blankly... I had to tell her, you owe me a dollar....

Last edited:
And just the other day, I'm getting a coffee at the cafe down the street, $4.50 total. I give the girl a 5 dollar note and a 50 cent piece... And she looks at me and goes, "It's $4.50". "I know" says I. And she just stares blankly... I had to tell her, you owe me a dollar....

Aw FMD...that drives me nuts when I do the same. Then they try and work out what they have to do next.

The amount of times I've given a $10 or a $20 note, and got chance of a $20 or a $50 instead. I quietly pass it back and take the right change.

Incorrect

Coach
Aw FMD...that drives me nuts when I do the same. Then they try and work out what they have to do next.

The amount of times I've given a $10 or a $20 note, and got chance of a $20 or a $50 instead. I quietly pass it back and take the right change.
I was going through maccas drive thru a couple of months back and whatever the hell I did to confuse the bloke on the register he ended up giving me 20 or 30 dollars extra when he gave me my change... I drove to the next window to pick up the food and I gave it to the girl and told her to give back to her colleague. Last thing I wanted was for the kid to have it taken out of his pay if his register was short at the end of his shift...

I was going through maccas drive thru a couple of months back and whatever the hell I did to confuse the bloke on the register he ended up giving me 20 or 30 dollars when he gave me my change... I drove to the next window to pick up the food and I gave it to the girl and told her to give back to her colleague. Last thing I wanted was for the kid to have it taken out of his pay if his register was short at the end of his shift...

Maccas, Coles, IGA, coffee shop...

Happens way too often. And yeah, poor pricks on minimum wage losing $20+ in wrong change will throw their till.

But if it happens to me, how often is it happening?!?!

100% This

See it all the time. My missus has a go at me when I do it and tells me not to confuse the kids... I'm like, it's simple arithmetic, they need to engage their brains. One cracking example was when I was at the pub about a year ago. After a couple of rounds, I had a shit load of 2 dollar coins. I ordered my drinks and it came to something like $18. And I give the young bloke a 20 dollar note and as an afterthought, I gave him 8 dollars worth of gold so I can get rid of it... He gets all confused... And I go, "You just need to give me a 10 dollar note change"... He goes, "Oh, okay...". He gives me the 10 dollar note and then asks me, looking at the gold coins that I gave him in his hand, "and what's this?"... I say, "you hold on to that".... And again he goes "Oh okay" and then shoves all the coins in to his own pocket!!!! Lol. He thought I meant it was his to keep for himself!!

Should have wheeled out a handful of these...

images

Some of these kids are on about $11 an hour.

Compare that with the $18m a year their ceo gets ( source: business insider.com).

Per the average, theIr ceo gets 2000 times more than the girl flipping burgers.

He wouldn’t be giving back any change at the drive thru for sure.

The world is one f**ked up place, this inequality is much much worse than it was back in the day.

horrie hastings

First Grade

That happened to me at Woolworths, honestly the kid looked like he was only 14-15, what i bought was was $5.40 which is exactly what i gave him and he handed me back a $20 note, i quietly handed it back but tried to work out why he thought he had to give me $20 back.
The only time i haven't given the extra back was once at the Grace Brothers clearance centre at Maroubra Junction which is long gone, it bought a CD which was $21.95 and i gave the lady a $50 note, she counted back the change to me which was $38.05, it should have only been $28.05 but the fact she counted it back to me and said to me $38.05 so i thought stuff it, this place is closing down anyway so i didn't feel guilty about it. Even checked the docket and it said $21.95 and the change said $28.05 so cant work out why she thought it was $38.05, oh well.

Latest posts