What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Don't sack Seibold

BLN2

Juniors
If I was Seib's I would make them pay out more than that.. It's a bit of a pride thing, accept being a loser and take the $$? Or battle it out, get the sack and get more $$?

Walters reminds me of a guy the Warriors brought in, Bluey McLennan. He a couple good seasons lifting up the Kiwis for one off games, good honest bloke, knows his League. But came off a patchy but decent ESL record, and after a couple months in NRL it was clear he didn't have the vision/gameplan to make a winning team in the NRL. Got the sack after 22 games. Mal Maninga would be similar IMO, but I don't think he wants an NRL gig anyway.

But to be fair to Kevvy, he's done a lot of time under Bellyache and Bennett, so that's a decent training resume. But no real head coaching role other than QLD, which has all of a sudden become very hard after Thurston, Inglis, Smith etc left..

Maroon4life

Juniors
If I was Seib's I would make them pay out more than that.. It's a bit of a pride thing, accept being a loser and take the $$? Or battle it out, get the sack and get more $$?

Walters reminds me of a guy the Warriors brought in, Bluey McLennan. He a couple good seasons lifting up the Kiwis for one off games, good honest bloke, knows his League. But came off a patchy but decent ESL record, and after a couple months in NRL it was clear he didn't have the vision/gameplan to make a winning team in the NRL. Got the sack after 22 games. Mal Maninga would be similar IMO, but I don't think he wants an NRL gig anyway.

But to be fair to Kevvy, he's done a lot of time under Bellyache and Bennett, so that's a decent training resume. But no real head coaching role other than QLD, which has all of a sudden become very hard after Thurston, Inglis, Smith etc left..

Why do you think Gould & Mal got out of origin when they did? They Milked the high years and bailed as the talent ran dry.

From what we have to go by Walters has a pretty terrible record as a head coach but he’s had two good assistant coaching jobs under two of the best modern day coaches.

He’s a gamble but the broncos don’t have much to lose. The only real danger is he will come into the position with a lot of salary cap money to spend, if he gets that wrong we’re f**ked for a few more years.

Well the saga over pangai Jr continues to show Red Hill doesn't have a clue.

Lockyer is throwing his support behind tpj and the breach notice was described as pissweak and had to be redrawn.

Interestingly Peter Sterling and other spoke about this on The Sunday Footy Show yesterday. The reason it had to be re-drawn was not because of what James Hooper espoused on air last week on Fox (i.e. that the Broncos stuffed it up) but because the Broncos found out that what TP Jr told them and what he told the NRL Integrity Unit were completely different stories. When the NRL informed the Broncos of what TP Jr told them, that is what caused the breach notice to be re-drawn.

dogslife

Coach
697629.jpg

Mr Spock!

Referee
Seibold's days are numbered now.

The man with the largest private stake in the Broncos, property tycoon Phil Murphy, has labelled coach Anthony Seibold a "cancer" that "has not been cut out".

On Monday night, Murphy, who owns 22 per cent of the club, didn't mince his words when he offered up his thoughts on the scenario.

"It's like having a cancer and it has not been cut out," He told Nine's chief rugby league reporter Danny Weidler.

"If you don't treat the cancer you die and I don't want to see the Broncos die."

https://amp.nine.com.au/article/3e49f531-0768-47c8-98f5-569e58040ba4

Charlie124

First Grade
Im dumbfounded that there doesn't seem to be any talk about the Broncos signing Paul Green. Like...don't get me wrong, i hope more than anything in the world that they sign Kevvie Walters (for teh continued lolz) but if we're being serious here, Green is the absolute only choice; he's had success everywhere he's gone. His time in Townsville delivered the Cows two Grand Final appearances, our first premiership, two 9's titles and a couple of prelims. I think the time was right for him and the Cows to go our separate ways after 7 years, it was clear that the relationship had run its course (perhaps a season or two ago) but when you're looking at his coaching resume and comparing it to Kevvie Walters.... please.

Chimp

Bench
I see the media are already greasing the wheels to give Kevvie an easy ride when he gets the job. They were saying on NRL360 that there isn’t a short term fix for the Broncos and whoever comes in is facing at least a ‘medium term’ fix.

So transparent.