What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
Read the room? You gave a single clip on large waves in France and put it down to climate change. You were called out on it and have since changed your point to frequency of events - which had nothing to do with your original post of the CCTV footage.

LOL so you think that you can have a little Monday morning anti climate change win because you claim that the structure of my post was clunky and ineffective ? OK enjoy.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah, I reckon at least 5 people made that point before Professor @Gronk's lecture. Its stupid to point to one example and say it's due to climate change (which is what he did before changing to the 'frequency of events' narrative).

I assume the Obama clip is the one where he talks about how you would always trust a medical doctor, so why not a climate scientist?

I'll give credit where it's due - its a funny quote, but I don't think he is comparing apples with apples. People are concerned that a bunch of scientists are letting their world view interfere with their science. That's their view by the way, so please don't @ me.

I can't think of a comparable example in the medical profession that is as significant. Maybe groups of doctors that have strong views about vaccination, certain therapies or drug types. I can guarantee that for whatever specific example one could find, there would be an equally rabid group of concerned citizens that are diametrically opposed.
The point is that there are experts, such as surgeons and pilots, and then there are 'experts' such as climate scientists and economists and other analysts of data. One group we trust because they can prove their expertise. The other we trust because they tell us what we want to hear.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
LOL so you think that you can have a little Monday morning anti climate change win because you claim that the structure of my post was clunky and ineffective ? OK enjoy.
There's no climate change winners. It requires a coordinated worldwide response that is impossible in a world in fierce competition. We just need to learn to live with it.

Gronk

Staff member
There's no climate change winners. It requires a coordinated worldwide response that is impossible in a world in fierce competition. We just need to learn to live with it.

It's a good thing that you're not in charge, Charlie Brown.

giphy-downsized.gif

Gronk

Staff member
If you think I was just being pedantic you've missed the point.

Of course it's being pedantic.

I said flippantly "It's a good thing that you're not in charge, Charlie Brown." And you fire back with "Nobody is 'in charge'. That's the central fallacy underpinning every conspiracy theory."

LOL WTF Literalism at it's best.

Latest posts