What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
Mate I truly cannot say as I , as yourself can only go by the media reports . But we are overdue for a decent signing.

Of course should he become a Dragon there will be more housekeeping to be done before the Red & Whites become a genuine force in the competition once again .

But he would be a great start to our rebuilding phase .
Yes he certainly looks impressive in the highlights reel. We need to have confidence in our recruiting department to do the right thing somehow, someday, someway!

Dragon David

First Grade
Hes always stated he wants to try nrl wakey are skint at the minute with no crowds over here due to covid its a struggle we dont have a rich backer like other teams but a shrewd chairman who may hope for a little more for him just depends if johnstone feels your style of play will suit him i know this wont be popular on here but playing off sean johnson at sharks would really suit him
Yes, Sean Johnson's cut out passes have been very good for the Sharks this season and a good finisher like Tom Johnstone would kill it for them.

Gareth67

First Grade
Yes, Sean Johnson's cut out passes have been very good for the Sharks this season and a good finisher like Tom Johnstone would kill it for them.

Yes they have , however let’s not forget the ‘Duff’ his passing has improved out of sight in the last month . Each time he throws those cut-out passes I am amazed - the length of the pass and more so the accuracy.

Perhaps Norman should listen to the same individual that is apparently improving Duffy’s game ?

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Hes always stated he wants to try nrl wakey are skint at the minute with no crowds over here due to covid its a struggle we dont have a rich backer like other teams but a shrewd chairman who may hope for a little more for him just depends if johnstone feels your style of play will suit him i know this wont be popular on here but playing off sean johnson at sharks would really suit him
We have Lomax and the Duffter

Alchemist1

Juniors
I like how dufty links into your plays if he were still playing off widdop you would have a killer combination that would really suit johnstone there was talk of norman and widdop swapping places over here dont know if theres any truh in it but widdops partner prefers the sunshine to the rain and chemicals of warrington

Gareth67

First Grade
I like how dufty links into your plays if he were still playing off widdop you would have a killer combination that would really suit johnstone there was talk of norman and widdop swapping places over here dont know if theres any truh in it but widdops partner prefers the sunshine to the rain and chemicals of warrington

Yes the weather would be a bit hard to get use to for his wife and perhaps more so the kids . Whether or not he would be returning to the Dragons though remains to be seen .

He never truly hit the high notes that he was undoubtedly capable of under our recently departed coach , however with the right man in charge he would form a good combination with our current half in Clune .

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Straight swap for Norman?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Couple of rumours I heard...

I bumped into the father of Jason Saab and the reason he wants out of the Dragons was the coach. Mary is now gone but he still wants out and it is out of Tigers, Dogs, Manly or Storm.

Another guy who has close ties to the Dragons board said Bennett is the man they want and he is being offered a lot of cash to go to Saints. Apparently an offer too good to refuse.

redv13

Bench
Couple of rumours I heard...

I bumped into the father of Jason Saab and the reason he wants out of the Dragons was the coach. Mary is now gone but he still wants out and it is out of Tigers, Dogs, Manly or Storm.

Another guy who has close ties to the Dragons board said Bennett is the man they want and he is being offered a lot of cash to go to Saints. Apparently an offer too good to refuse.
Well the whole 3.5 hour commute each day so I can live at home goes out the window playing for Melbourne and even Manly which would be just as far as the gong.

Gareth67

First Grade
Tevita Pangai Jr. has supposedly told the NRL that he has received UNREGISTERED 3rd party payments from the Broncos . This now threatens to open a whole can of worms at the Broncs .

And who knows , if the investigation by the NRL is indeed genuine , then it may have a number of other clubs running around checking their books - for any errors , mistakes or perhaps a better word is cover-ups ? ?

George Sancti

Juniors
Tevita Pangai Jr. has supposedly told the NRL that he has received UNREGISTERED 3rd party payments from the Broncos . This now threatens to open a whole can of worms at the Broncs .

And who knows , if the investigation by the NRL is indeed genuine , then it may have a number of other clubs running around checking their books - for any errors , mistakes or perhaps a better word is cover-ups ? ?

If the club is deemed responsible, it will just about guarantee Brisbane their first wooden spoon.

Gareth67

First Grade
If the club is deemed responsible, it will just about guarantee Brisbane their first wooden spoon.

George Sancti , mate I believe that the wooden spoon will pale into insignificance if the investigation is thorough and the allegation is actually proven to be legitimate.

This is exactly what many rugby league fans have been suggesting is the ‘ norm ‘ for a number of the high flying clubs for many a year now . This could possibly work it’s way down to the roots of just how and who are responsible for ensuring that all 3rd party TPA’s arrangements are above board .

Especially those whom sign-off the TPA as the ‘ real McCoy ‘ .

George Sancti

Juniors
George Sancti , mate I believe that the wooden spoon will pale into insignificance if the investigation is thorough and the allegation is actually proven to be legitimate.

This is exactly what many rugby league fans have been suggesting is the ‘ norm ‘ for a number of the high flying clubs for many a year now . This could possibly work it’s way down to the roots of just how and who are responsible for ensuring that all 3rd party TPA’s arrangements are above board .

Especially those whom sign-off the TPA as the ‘ real McCoy ‘ .

You may be correct, if it can be proved that multiple players have been paid under illegal TPAs involving the same club and/or player agent.

Gareth67

First Grade
You may be correct, if it can be proved that multiple players have been paid under illegal TPAs involving the same club and/or player agent.

Apparently there is a suggestion that this is how they - the broncos retained his services in his current deal and prevented him from leaving Brisbane and joining the Warriors a couple of years back .

Brutalitops

Juniors
Rumours that on our short list to interview is Anthony Griffin, but Craig Fitzgibbon will be ahead of him if he is available.

People will be angry but I won't mind Griffin at all. While he has been sacked twice they were both merely from getting all he could from a group of players, and situations where each club got orders from the top to go for their most desired coach (Wayne at Brisbane, Cleary at Panthers)

He has a decent win percentage, 58 percent during his Panthers stint, and is an outside disciplinarian hard ass which would do is some good imo.

Nevertheless the articles popping up about it seem to be based on very little. They will headline that he's coming but state he's merely one of multiple on our radar

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Rumours that on our short list to interview is Anthony Griffin, but Craig Fitzgibbon will be ahead of him if he is available.

People will be angry but I won't mind Griffin at all. While he has been sacked twice they were both merely from getting all he could from a group of players, and situations where each club got orders from the top to go for their most desired coach (Wayne at Brisbane, Cleary at Panthers)

He has a decent win percentage, 58 percent during his Panthers stint, and is an outside disciplinarian hard ass which would do is some good imo.

Nevertheless the articles popping up about it seem to be based on very little. They will headline that he's coming but state he's merely one of multiple on our radar
Won’t be a recruitment magnet though and will likely push a few out.

blacksafake

First Grade

Not sure about him.
On one hand I think he’s a good coach but have read too many stories about his poor man management skills as well as his history of his sides poor attacking record.
If this is so & young is assistant who’s going to look after the attack.

Crush

Coach
Wasn't sure where to post this, apologies that it isn't a rumour but is anyone else enjoying the absolute and total destruction of the Brisbane Broncos?
Looks like they can add salary cap cheats to the list of disasters of 2020.
Young Pangai Junior is making some noise about TPAs he's owed on his way out the door.
Hey Alfie! Broncos can't play! And you're cheats!