What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JAC

Tiger05

First Grade
Good source of mine reckons JAC is a done deal.However Talau is going to melb although we do get Momo back.

JAC is a massive upgrade on Talau but I'm starting to see some positives in Talau and I really hope the club doesn't release him.

Vozzy

Juniors
I fear that Talau will go to Melbourne and look like Christian Chrighton from Penrith.

Tiger05

First Grade
Stryker, hes still contracted to Melb for next year. They need to release him and they are saying thats what they want to release him

This is bullshit though because JAC has stated he is leaving and the club stated no problems but you have to stay this year.

We shouldn't engage in any player swap because that is not what is actually occurring. JAC is leaving the Storm because he doesn't like it and wants to go to the best club of all time which of course is the Tigers.

He should actually take a pay cut to come here.

WA Tiger

Bench
Stryker, hes still contracted to Melb for next year. They need to release him and they are saying thats what they want to release him
It’s a bluff ..From an article posted recently I’m reading it as they are struggling to keep under the cap so can’t afford to give JAC anywhere near what he wants and take Grant back so they had no choice but to let him go-even this year? but if TT is accurate Madge fell for it and makes a precedent and has us looking like soft amateurs once again..having said that Seeing Talaus embarrassingly slow run when he was in the clear makes me not too concerned...I think we can trust our judgement of Talau..after all Bellamy chose Momo and didn’t do much with him from all accounts

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
We are not a premium destination footy team for good players, so we will have to pay overs for top line players to get them here.
Hopefully once we have a bit of success we find it easier and (a bit) cheaper to attract the better players.

Though if you have been reading the Broncos issues lately, Pangai is claiming unregistered TPA’s have not been paid to him, (they are claiming he knocked back $800k from the Warriors, to stay with Broncos for $650k) this is surely going on everywhere, so hopefully the commission will look at it and change to system to make it much more transparent.

Then the lower clubs, like us, have a chance to get some of these players.

Tigerm

First Grade
It’s a bluff ..From an article posted recently I’m reading it as they are struggling to keep under the cap so can’t afford to give JAC anywhere near what he wants and take Grant back so they had no choice but to let him go but if TT is accurate Madge fell for it and makes a precedent and has us looking like soft amateurs once again..having said that Seeing Talaus embarrassingly slow run when he was in the clear makes me not too concerned...I think we can trust our judgement of Talau..
It’s being reported that Cam Smith will not be staying at the Storm next year? Don’t know how true that is, but if it is, that will free up buckets loads of cash.

simmo1

First Grade
Good source of mine reckons JAC is a done deal.However Talau is going to melb although we do get Momo back.

If true, we have been played like a fiddle.

We get a player back who was always returning anyway, and have compensated them with a gun junior for a player who wanted to leave.

Tiger05

First Grade
Fair but we’d be watching him play at another club

This is where you need to stand your ground and you'd be surprised how often it will work out for you. We should be able to walk away from deals that are bad for us.

Still JAC on $600k is better than what Reynolds, Mbye and Packer are offering us.

Tiger05

First Grade
If true, we have been played like a fiddle.

We get a player back who was always returning anyway, and have compensated them with a gun junior for a player who wanted to leave.

Yep. I am hoping the Talau idea is complete and utter BS.

Tiger05

First Grade
We are not a premium destination footy team for good players, so we will have to pay overs for top line players to get them here.
Hopefully once we have a bit of success we find it easier and (a bit) cheaper to attract the better players.

Though if you have been reading the Broncos issues lately, Pangai is claiming unregistered TPA’s have not been paid to him, (they are claiming he knocked back $800k from the Warriors, to stay with Broncos for $650k) this is surely going on everywhere, so hopefully the commission will look at it and change to system to make it much more transparent.

Then the lower clubs, like us, have a chance to get some of these players.

We can attract players. The only thing stopping us is dodgy payments ala Pangai.

WA Tiger

Bench
We have to remember Madge is probably lying in bed at night thinking of the worst possible scenarios going on in his head..he has reached the scenario he has dreaded all year ...he is beyond desperate now..no way is he going to call a bluff re JAC..He thinks With some luck he may have until the end of next year so he will just do what he has to do without risk - first JAC Talau ? Ok done

BrotherJim05

Bench
We will have to see where the chips fall, but ultimately JAC for Talau is a good deal for us. I agree that we shouldn't have to give up a player, but are we really going to call Melbourne's bluff and lose out on a representative player who actually wants to play for us?

If JAC kills it at fullback, or at the bare minimum continues his Melbourne form on the wing, he is adding more value than Packer, Reynolds and McQueen combined.