What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

W/T round 16: The grudge cup.

Exsilium

First Grade
Kenny will fill in fine. May will cover some time and Capewell adds the edge running.

As good as the streak is, we need to be resting players for the big games. Api and Kikau need it.

Fish could do with reduced minutes. His numbers are fine but his impact has been lacking in recent weeks.

If we lose, I’d like IC to rotate the squad to get us prepared for the finals. Will it happen, no.

snickers007

Juniors
So 152 meters, 34 tackles, 54 post contact meters that is a bit flat is it ?
He was ave 200 odd early on. So it is down and having a 5 day turnaround won't help to play long minutes

Exactly right. He had quite a few games around the 250m range, and 50 odd tackles. But I think the lack of preseason has caught up with him the last few weeks.

He's still absolutely laying the platform and locking up our defence, but his work rate and impact is just a bit down. Less decoys, less passing before the line, and not leading our line speed like he normally does.

He'll get back up there though, he's an elite footballer.

franklin2323

Immortal
Exactly right. He had quite a few games around the 250m range, and 50 odd tackles. But I think the lack of preseason has caught up with him the last few weeks.

He's still absolutely laying the platform and locking up our defence, but his work rate and impact is just a bit down. Less decoys, less passing before the line, and not leading our line speed like he normally does.

It is a long season. So a slight drop off is to be expected but you need everyone playing their best come finals.

Ivan has said they prefer training load reductions. The players no doubt don't want to rest so can reduce playing time etc as a way to freshen up

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Oh mate be serious. Anything over 90 meters for props is considered quite good. Your demanding a robot, not a human being.

Thought that perhaps the game plan had changed for the teams they are playing. The team has a range of plans in their kitbags. Not every trick or play comes out each game. It's horses for courses.

snickers007

Juniors
Oh mate be serious. Anything over 90 meters for props is considered quite good. Your demanding a robot, not a human being.

Thought that perhaps the game plan had changed for the teams they are playing. The team has a range of plans in their kitbags. Not every trick or play comes out each game. It's horses for courses.

I'm not demanding anything.

I said he has been a flat by his standards. His standard over the first half of the season was roughly 200m, plus 40-50 tackles, plus a dozen decoy runs, plus a handful of passes before the line. The kind of efforts that saw him take out the VB Hard Earned Award last year.

Maybe it is all tactics and load management. Maybe he's playing less minutes, and letting guys like Leniu pick up some of the slack. But from my POV, he hasn't been as involved as he usually would, and his impact hasn't been as good either.

I'm not trashing the guy, he's my favorite player. He could take a shit in the bed, and I'd still lay in it and spoon him.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I'm not demanding anything.

I said he has been a flat by his standards. His standard over the first half of the season was roughly 200m, plus 40-50 tackles, plus a dozen decoy runs, plus a handful of passes before the line. The kind of efforts that saw him take out the VB Hard Earned Award last year.

Maybe it is all tactics and load management. Maybe he's playing less minutes, and letting guys like Leniu pick up some of the slack. But from my POV, he hasn't been as involved as he usually would, and his impact hasn't been as good either.

I'm not trashing the guy, he's my favorite player. He could take a shit in the bed, and I'd still lay in it and spoon him.

What is POV ?