What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrell Signs

Mjab

Juniors
Pangai Jr is a f**king flog who DOES NOT deserve to wear the red V. No way Jose. Absolutely pass on him
I would put JDB in that basket as well TBH, i hope he Fs off to the warriors
No matter how good he is , the debacle has Fkd the club along with Marys shit coaching skills

I cant really comment on P Jr though, I { and we} may not know what is going on in his head
Its hard in a brisbane bubble , team flogged every week and clearly a lot discontent and factions happening. He is only a kid
He might even be OK to get with decent coach esp Bennett if we got him
Cant see a novice like Young changing him

He is a beast on his day though

Dugan and Packer were reformed here from far worse positions

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
No matter how good he is , the debacle has Fkd the club along with Marys shit coaching skills

I cant really comment on P Jr though, I { and we} may not know what is going on in his head
Its hard in a brisbane bubble , team flogged every week and clearly a lot discontent and factions happening. He is only a kid

Even when they were "reformed", they remained dickheads and I was glad to see the back of both of them from SGI. Dugan is gone for good, but I remain worried that Packer will be picked up again on the cheap by the recruitment genius in this club.

possm

Coach

I'd say it was Mary who stuffed the Club around. If JDB becomes available, it will be because he was not found guilty so he should not be punished at all.

JDB could come back as a prop or if we get Welch, maybe he could be Frizells replacement on the right edge. As for our left edge, T Sims and Host can fight that one out by playing to the very best.

I think I'd rather go with a bench consisting of 3 props and a back-row forward however, with JDB on the bench, he can play either postion.

Mjab

Juniors
I'd say it was Mary who stuffed the Club around. If JDB becomes available, it will be because he was not found guilty so he should not be punished at all.

JDB could come back as a prop or if we get Welch, maybe he could be Frizells replacement on the right edge. As for our left edge, T Sims and Host can fight that one out by playing to the very best.

I think I'd rather go with a bench consisting of 3 props and a back-row forward however, with JDB on the bench, he can play either postion.

sure Mary is at fault for a lot of things but the JDB saga was terrible for the club on multiple levels and I’d be pleased if he Fks off to the Warriors
I’m sure there will be people at the club who think the same including some groups of players , big or small.
There is potential for further factional splits re JDB
It’s simple and clean if he just Fs off IMO

possm

Coach
sure Mary is at fault for a lot of things but the JDB saga was terrible for the club on multiple levels and I’d be pleased if he Fks off to the Warriors
I’m sure there will be people at the club who think the same including some groups of players , big or small.
De Belin did have support within the squad. However, there were rumors that Frizell's wife is definately not a fan, hence Frizell's decision to move on.

I have 3 daughters and would not be happy if any of them were treated in the way described by the police in their charge. However, the police are one step in the process and so, if found not guilty then I would welcome him back in the team for sure.

Pro Dragons

Juniors
De Belin did have support within the squad. However, there were rumors that Frizell's wife is definately not a fan, hence Frizell's decision to move on.

I have 3 daughters and would not be happy if any of them were treated in the way described by the police in their charge. However, the police are one step in the process and so, if found not guilty then I would welcome him back in the team for sure.

Not referring to any known cases. The police will put forward the worst possible charges then hope the accused will plead guilty to a lesser charge. Many sexual assault cases are thrown out of court because of flimsy evidence and unreliable witnesses. If JDB is found not guilty he has suffered enough, sending him to the Warriors would be a cruel and in humane punishment.

Como Connection

First Grade
Correct, time to cut him lose from the club he has stuffed up for the last two years, bye bye.
CC

getsmarty

Immortal
THE BIG READ: All Stars clash a family affair for Fuimaono
Dragons Den
r0_0_4094_3238_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

INTENSE: Tyrell Fuimaono will make his second appearance for the Indigenous All-Stars next weekend. Picture: NRL Imagery
ANY NRL player who's been through a preseason will tell you that there are days in the sweltering heat of December when they pause and admit to themselves they'd rather be somewhere else. Dragons wrecking ball Tyrell Fuimaono's certainly had them.

Same thing when he was working road crew on the M4 without an NRL contract just months out from the start of the 2020 season, or running laps around a local oval by himself on the faint hope the phone might ring with a new deal.

When those thoughts inevitably do arise, his mind often turns to his mum Michelle, more specifically the sacrifices she made just so he could earn a crust playing footy; and experience all the pain that goes with it. Sacrifices, like selling off her jewellery to fund a flight to Perth to watch him play for Combined Catholic Colleges as a teenager.

"When I made CCC's in under 15s, the competition was in Perth," Fuimaono recalls.

"Mum was a single parent and didn't have much money so she hocked her jewellery so they could fly over. She stayed at one of her friends' places who'd just moved over there, all just so she could come watch me play.

"It meant everything. It gives you that warm feeling inside, the sacrifices she's made. I couldn't be anymore grateful and appreciative of what she's done for us, laying the ground work to get us where we are. My mum's a champion for what she's done for us and I can never thank her enough.

"We've got better financial circumstances now so my mum and my Nan [Jann], wherever the games are, they always make the effort regardless of what it takes. They just love coming and, regardless of how crap you think you played, your mum and your nan always think you're the best player on the field.

"She's doing really well for herself now but a goal of mine has always been to make life a bit easier for all of us. I just keep striving for that."

There's notably an 'us' in the story. It refers to little sister Taliah Fuimaono, who was inevitably along for the ride in all those trips - across the road or across the country - before emerging as star player on her own right.

r0_0_828_836_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

TIGHT: Tyrell and Taliah Fuimaono have been on a roller coaster ride through rugby league. Picture: supplied

She's endured more injury setbacks than your average 21-year-old, which made her first-time selection in the Women's Indigenous All-Stars ahead of the annual clash in Townsville next weekend an emotional moment.

"When I saw her name there I nearly teared up," Tyrell, who'll make his second All-Stars appearance in the men's game, said.

"I was so happy for her. She's just always, loved footy, whether it's because of me or just a given. When she was really young she'd always be in the back seat on the way to all my games, even when I played interstate mum would come and watch and would drag her along.

"She's been quite unlucky with injuries and what not and to see her named at number six I was more ecstatic for her than myself that she was finally getting recognised for her talents. Hopefully this is just a first stepping stone to her getting recognised for what she's capable of.

"For her to finally get a break, to be there and share the experience with her is something we'll both hold dearly forever, the fact that we did it together. I can't wait to get into camp, we'll be doing a lot of things, the men and women come together a lot during the week.

"With coronavirus and everything the flights are pretty expensive but mum and my nan are going to make the trip up there to watch us play, they've got their flights booked. There's definitely something that we'll remember forever."

r0_0_621_609_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

BOND: Mum Michelle (centre) has been a source of inspiration for Indigenous All-Stars pair Taliah and Tyrell Fuimaono. Picture: supplied

The journey taken as a family, makes the opportunity to represent their mother's Indigenous heritage in All Stars garb all the more special.

"My mum's Aboriginal, we're Wiradjuri," Fuimaono said.

"My family's from out west, Cowra, Grenfell, that way. I was born in Penrith and grew up around Mount Druitt but I spent a fair bit of time in the bush with grandfather (Charlie Felstead) growing up. Every break I get I try and get out there with him or by myself but schedules can make it tough. After Charity Shield [in Mudgee] I'll head out there that weekend.

"I'm still learning about [my Indigenous heritage], there's a lot of things I don't know and I love learning about it. That's what the week leading up to the game is about, they're very culturally-orientated bringing elders in to teach you about dance, about everything.

"That's what I look forward to, not only the footy, but that side of things. For all the guys who aren't really connected to culture it's a chance to learn about heritage and for the boys who do know to express it and a chance for our people to show the world a little bit about our culture.

"It is it a great game and a challenging game, but the week leading up to it is very culturally rich and and I look forward to it each year."

The 24-year-old is also hoping to use it as a springboard into the NRL season where he'll be looking to lock down a spot in Anthony Griffin's 17 after playing 17 games last season. It was the first in a two-year deal with the Dragons and, with a glut of forward experience having walked out the door, he feels the door is open for him to walk through.

"It's definitely a goal for me to try and cement my spot each week whether it's as a bench utility or [an edge] spot," he said.

"You want that peace of mind each week and hopefully it'll allow me to play my best footy. It complicates things having a new coach come on board but everyone's in the same boat, you've just got to train the best you can and try and prove yourself at training.

"We've got trials and games coming up for the coach to have a look and make his mind up what he's going to do for round one. In terms of where I'm at, I'm happy to have a full preseason under my belt now compared to last season where I only did half. The body's in pretty good nick now and injury free.

"It's been tough. When we first came back It was a different style of training to what we were used to in the previous and everyone was a bit shocked with how hard it was. It was only a few weeks into it that everyone adapted to it and got on with it but I think everyone's better for it now."

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/7123224/the-big-read-all-stars-clash-a-family-affair-for-fuimaono/?cs=3713

getsmarty

Immortal
remote.axd

Fuimaono on Indigenous All Stars selection

ALL STARS

Fuimaono embraces All Stars experience
Author
Edward Tannous Dragons junior reporter
Timestamp
Tue 16 Feb 2021, 10:18 PM
Share on social media
St George Illawarra forward Tyrell Fuimaono is all set to suit up for his second appearance as an Indigenous All Star this Saturday night in Townsville.

After a 39-minute performance in 2020, Tyrell is looking forward to representing his family's culture once again, alongside Dragons teammate Josh Kerr.

Coincidentally, Fuimaono's sister Taliah will also represent the women's team at Queensland Country Bank Stadium.

"I'm always excited for this game. It's not only a big deal for me but also for my family," Fuimaono said.

"It's not only a chance to get a game in before the season, but it's a really good camp."

Although Fuimaono is not eligible to take the field for the Red V until next weekend's Charity Shield, the All Star game will be a great chance for some quality game time before the start of the 2021 NRL season.

Fuimaono said the All Star camp was always a culturally rich opportunity for the Maori and Indigenous players to come together.

The St Marys junior emphasised the importance of the team's chemistry leading into the game, mentioning waterpark visits and cultural activities prior to last year's All Stars game on the Gold Coast

"The week leading up to the footy is just as enjoyable as the game itself, so we can't wait to go up to Townsville," Fuimaono said.

Throughout the Dragons' pre-season, Fuimaono has seen himself training in the back row and in the centres.

Fuimaono said: "The boys and I have been thrown into different positions with many repetitions to see what it’s like. But I'm not 100 per cent on where I'll be yet."

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/02/16/fuimaono-embraces-all-stars-experience/

Dragonslayer

First Grade
For me, this guy has been a revelation as a lock this year, a major, major part of our current defensive line and the scary thing is he can only improve further. Makes you wonder what went on last year.

On current form he would be hard pressed to be replaced by anybody.

Latest posts