What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 vs Titans

redv13

Bench
Well, Aitken remains in and so does Norman. The only changes have to do with players not available for selection. All I can say is that we are lucky we are playing the Titans.

1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2. Jordan Pereira – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
3. Euan Aitken – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
4. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Nutrition Station
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
7. Adam Clune – sponsored by Baytek Construction
8. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by SMAI
9. Ben Hunt – sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
10. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
11. Tyson Frizell – sponsored by Modus Projects
12. Jacob Host – sponsored by Fox Property
13. Cameron McInnes (c) – sponsored by Dincel Construction System

Interchange:
14 Kaide Ellis – sponsored by TripADeal
15. Trent Merrin – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
16. Jackson Ford – sponsored by Bodytech Fitness
17. Billy Brittain – sponsored by St.George Bank

18. Eddie Blacker
19. Tristan Sailor
20. Jayden Sullivan
21. Max Feagai
Don’t underestimate the titans possm. They might not be winning but if we play like last week we will lose guaranteed

SBD82

Coach
Don’t underestimate the titans possm. They might not be winning but if we play like last week we will lose guaranteed
They’ve been good lately. But a lot of that improvement has come from the form of Proctor, Taylor and Arrow.

I think Taylor returns this week. Will be interesting to see what he can do without Proctor and Arrow laying the platform.

Old Timer

Coach
Thank god Luke went to the Broncos otherwise we might have had 4 hookers in the shed.

Smallish side so it will be interesting to see what the game plan will be.

Host, & Mc Innes most likely lining up to be 80 minute players this week with Brittain to spell Hunt and Ford to rest Frizz and Merrin in the front row rotation hopefully.

SAP58

Juniors
Will be very interesting to see how Young uses his bench this week. It appears from last weeks game Dean has a similar philosophy to the previous coach on the use of the bench, having players on the bench not getting any game time. I don't understand it, we are letting in soft tries each game when our defence gets tired yet we dont use the 17 players available. There were times in the last 20min of the game against the Broncos we looked gassed yet Merrin did not play any time and K Sims only played the last 9 minutes. Would like to hear the reasons, lets see what happens tomorrow night.

possm

Coach
Will be very interesting to see how Young uses his bench this week. It appears from last weeks game Dean has a similar philosophy to the previous coach on the use of the bench, having players on the bench not getting any game time. I don't understand it, we are letting in soft tries each game when our defence gets tired yet we dont use the 17 players available. There were times in the last 20min of the game against the Broncos we looked gassed yet Merrin did not play any time and K Sims only played the last 9 minutes. Would like to hear the reasons, lets see what happens tomorrow night.
Young has served 6 years as an apprentice to Mary. So there is the answer to the question, he has only been involved at NRL level, with assisting Mary.

The other experiences he has mentioned are very short term appointments that were all assiting rather than actually head coach positions.

Contrast Youngs apprenticeships to that of JD, Holbrook, or even Hornby who have all gone outside the Dragons bubble to develop the coaching career. Like the others, Young needs to move out before trying to move in to a head coach job.

I honestly believe that Young would not have been made an assistant and would not currently be the interim coach of the Dragons if not for his father's intervention.

Nepotism

SAP58

Juniors
Young has served 6 years as an apprentice to Mary. So there is the answer to the question, he has only been involved at NRL level, with assisting Mary.

The other experiences he has mentioned are very short term appointments that were all assiting rather than actually head coach positions.

Contrast Youngs apprenticeships to that of JD, Holbrook, or even Hornby who have all gone outside the Dragons bubble to develop the coaching career. Like the others, Young needs to move out before trying to move in to a head coach job.

I honestly believe that Young would not have been made an assistant and would not currently be the interim coach of the Dragons if not for his father's intervention.

Nepotism
Your early points are fair enough but I dont necessarily agree with the last statement. Being a former player at the Dragons would get him a foot in the door definitely, however having spoken to players who have played under him in the junior grades rate him very highly (as do other coaches) and it was always going to be between him and Hornby who would progress and they went for Young. Maybe being the son of Albert also helped. However I agree our next coach needs to be an experienced one and not with any previous association with the club, but happy for Young to be the Assistant and learn more along the way.

Crush

Coach

Nepotism
Once Mary was moved on who would you have made interim Head Coach?
You know Flanno is leaving at the end of this year right? He ain't goanna be around next year and I presume neither will his guy Shepard.
So who should it have been?

boardlumps62

Juniors
You know Flanno is leaving at the end of this year right? He ain't goanna be around next year and I presume neither will his guy Shepard.
Has Flanno said he is leaving? And did he say he was taking Shepherd ? Or did Shepherd say he was going? Not that I care too much although thought he might be hanging around to help Young or some other plan was planned.

possm

Coach
I would have contacted Wane and Griffin to ask them if they are interested in the head coach job before I sacked Mary. If one of them said yes under terms that were suitable to both parties. I would announced the appointment of the new coach about an hour after announcing the departure of Mary. And I would leave it up to the new coach to select his staff.

Bennett, Bellamy, Fitzgibbon all have said that they are not available. Wane and Griffin remain available so those are the people I would immediately approach to fill the position. Both have a track record and both could do the job well. By doing it this way, the new coach would have the rest of the season to sort out his roster and train/coach his squad in the way he wants and to his standards.

Mjab

Juniors
Ex St George player, you'd think he would give us an even break. Seems to be a trend these days with him joining the likes of ex-Dragons Mark Gasnier, Ennis, Tallis and others who seem to enjoy giving it to us.
Like they have to go opposite to prove we get no benefit

Latest posts