What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dufty 5/8 2021 ?

possm

Coach
No, would be hung out to dry in defence
Soward was protected. I'm in favor of Dufty to 6, the problem is that we need to off-load Norman.

Ramsey and Schiller can fight it our for the fullback spot and then the loser goes to the left-wing. So with Feagai going to left centre we could have a backline full of youn talent and speed:
1. Schiller
2. Ramsey
3. Lomax
4. Feagai
5. Ravalawa
6. Dufty
7. Clune

Six out of seven backs are local juniors. Now all we need is a good coach to bring them through and train them up.

Aitken, Lafai, Saab. and Norman will be all gone prior to the 2021 season.

I predict Dufty to cause even more havoc as a running five-eighth and a great passing game. In his junior days, he played five-eighth. So it won't take long for Dufty to get back his kicking game.

Whoever is selected to be our left edge forward (T Sims, Host, Ford) should run protection for Dufty in Defence, in the same way Thompson did for Soward under Bennett.

Last edited:

Walpole

Juniors
Yeah, let's take a bloke in the best form of his career and move him to a different position, especially if it moves him into the front line where he can tackle those little back rowers.

Can we move Lomax back to the wing as well, there's not as much to bitch about when he's killing it at centre.

saintly1996

Juniors
No way in the wide world. I still have grave doubts about parts of his game as a fullback.

When he starts producing against the Roosters Storm etc I will be convinced. ATM most of his standout performances are against bottom 8 teams.

Blood&Bandage

Juniors
Soward was protected. I'm in favor of Dufty to 6, the problem is that we need to off-load Norman.

Ramsey and Schiller can fight it our for the fullback spot and then the loser goes to the left-wing. So with Feagai going to left centre we could have a backline full of youn talent and speed:
1. Schiller
2. Ramsey
3. Lomax
4. Feagai
5. Ravalawa
6. Dufty
7. Clune

Six out of seven backs are local juniors. Now all we need is a good coach to bring them through and train them up.

Aitken, Lafai, Saab. and Norman will be all gone prior to the 2021 season.

I predict Dufty to cause even more havoc as a running five-eighth and a great passing game. In his junior days, he played five-eighth. So it won't take long for Dufty to get back his kicking game.

Whoever is selected to be our left edge forward (T Sims, Host, Ford) should run protection for Dufty in Defence, in the same way Thompson did for Soward under Bennett.
No room for Sailor?

possm

Coach
The last line of defence is a weak link within the Dragons team. If Dufty moved to six, we do not lose is fantastic attacking skills but instead, have a better chance of mitigating his poor defensive skills.

The other obvious benefit is the absence of Norman from our 17. He needs to go asap. Just another poor decision by Millward. The decision to sign him might have been born out of desperation and a belief that we could turn him around. However, to sign him long term smacks with the same logic Millward used in extending Lafai and Aitken long term. Not only is Norman soaking up a significant amount of our salary cap, but his performance on the field has also been in negative territory for far too long.

Last edited:

Latest posts