What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Knights

Meth

Staff member
1- Tuivasa Sheck
2- Pompey
3- Perham
4- Hiku
5- Hopoate
6- Nikorima
7- Turner
8- Burr
9- Egan
10- Blair
11- Katoa
12- Harris
13- Tevaga

Res- Lawton, Papali'i, Murchie, Taunoa-Brown

Last edited:

Penrose_11

Juniors
CHT will surely come back in. Think Turner might look good coming in off the bench in the #14 spot to add that impact. Egan trying hard but is still very much a pick up and pass option for us. And maybe even a back row of Katoa, Murchie and Tohu playing middle??

JJ

Immortal
Jennings has been really good, and Alvaro was strong yesterday after being poor previously

Meth

Staff member
i think we would get a better kicking game with CHT. But Turner off the bench might be an option.
Seems like the sort of player that can make something out of nothing, which can be invaluable in a tight game.

yeah- just not sure we can carry Lawton, Egan and Turner (along with Tevaga)

SmashEmBro

Juniors
I feel Egan's got better as the years gone on. I think he's really good at straightening our attack, and engages the markers so they don't drift across, meaning the defence can't drift across too.
Murchies 2nd try was a great example of this.

Benek

Juniors
I agree on Egan. He's one dimensional, but I do love how direct he plays. He's always leaning across the advantage line, engaging the markers, and keeping our forward on the front-foot. I think because he's a bit boring he gets less credit than he deserves. If he developed a more running or kicking game he'd be a good asset.

BLN2

Juniors
Turner was playing 2nd fullback in attack in my mind. RTS on the right, Turner on the left, playing out the back of Nikorima. I would love to see him develop as a centre, his footwork looks classy. Hopefully he has the defense for it. I think it was pretty clear he doesn't have a great kicking game, which is pretty key for a 6/7. And a guy named Roger is handy at fullback so won't be playing there.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Yeah Kodi mentioned in his post match interview that he did most of the kicking as Turner is actually a fullback and that he as playing in the halves coz Chanel was out.

I hope Perham makes it, he just looks a classy player

JJ

Immortal
Nikorima isn't the guy to be the sole 'proper' half - we need to remember who we just played... Turner can bide his time, and needs a lot of development if he's to be a half
CHT and Keighran better options atm, dependent on who's available

Tongue

Juniors
Turner was playing 2nd fullback in attack in my mind. RTS on the right, Turner on the left, playing out the back of Nikorima. I would love to see him develop as a centre, his footwork looks classy. Hopefully he has the defense for it. I think it was pretty clear he doesn't have a great kicking game, which is pretty key for a 6/7. And a guy named Roger is handy at fullback so won't be playing there.

Plus hes 92kg - pretty hefty for a half - plus he'll add weight as he progresses.

Leber

Bench
Halves for the knights are a bit of a problem for them ATM.

I've noticed that we haven't been using Blake Green for the last few weeks. I suppose we could send him there......

Campion

Juniors
Yeah I reckon we're gonna win it. Playing in Tamworth so hoping that gives us the 'home' advantage.

Latest posts