What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We’ve all been conned.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Did he really say I didn’t see this coming? f**k me, we have been garbage for almost two months and he didn’t see it coming????
lol he really has no idea, this sort of effort has been coming for weeks. A full strength Melbourne would of beat us by more.

I can't believe he got another year with proving absolutely nothing, the life of an Eels fan.

hindy111

Post Whore

Not really we struggled to beat a Storm side missing 8 or 9 starters. Saints who are average rolled us.
Sharks just missed all their goal kicks and are average.
Dogs where quite unlucky. We almost blew an 18 point lead. This is the worse side in comp. It was an even game.Dogs ripped a fair try also.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
lol he really has no idea, this sort of effort has been coming for weeks. A full strength Melbourne would of beat us by more.

I can't believe he got another year with proving absolutely nothing, the life of an Eels fan.

See the below graph.

The dashed red line is where we were trending based on past performances. The solid red line is what happened and the solid gold line is what we would all like to see.

Anyone who says they expected the solid red line to fall off a cliff because of what was happening beforehand is a liar. If past form is an indicator we should have still been on the dashed line.
upload_2020-8-28_7-40-42.png

Gazzamatta

Coach
See the below graph.

The dashed red line is where we were trending based on past performances. The solid red line is what happened and the solid gold line is what we would all like to see.

Anyone who says they expected the solid red line to fall off a cliff because of what was happening beforehand is a liar. If past form is an indicator we should have still been on the dashed line.
View attachment 41378
But being Parra supporters we are conditioned to expect the latter so I call BS on your theory.

Noise

Coach
That defensive effort?

Nah, anyone who says they saw that coming is a liar.
What? You haven't seen our right edge making terrible decisions the past 6 or so weeks?

Jennings missed 6 or 7 tackles against the Dragons

Sivo has been lost in defence for a month or so.

That's both our left and right sides giving plenty of indications that they are not right. It just took a decent side (which we haven't played lately) to expose it.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
What? You haven't seen our right edge making terrible decisions the past 6 or so weeks?

That's both our left and right sides giving plenty of indications that they are not right. It just took a decent side (which we haven't played lately) to expose it.
Agree that we have been vulnerable at times but I don’t think anyone realistically saw a 38-0 drubbing at the hands of Souths coming.

IFR33K

Coach

That's both sides giving plenty of indications that they are not right. It just took a decent side (which we haven't played lately) to expose it.

Maybe they’ve got a few of us on ignore. The writing has been on the wall for a long time. I got shredded mentioning dropping one of our wingers or waqa. I got torn a new ring hole suggesting we’re pretenders and don’t deserve to be in the top 4. The forum went into meltdown when I said we’ve had a favourable draw. When I mentioned BA has a history of getting his team to crumble in games that matter, you’d think I crucified Jesus Christ. What about the time I mentioned dropping that plodder lane. He’s the biggest fraud, a Genuine journeyman that jag a big contract at the eels. FML

chiefy1

Juniors
BA is a likable coach who players enjoy playing for. However both our attack and defense plans have serious flaws, and it begs to wonder- why the club is void of professional attack and defensive coaches.

Trent Barrett as an example has done a tremendous job with Penrith and defensively Souths picked apart Kidwell's up and in style.

The decision on coaching staff should not be left up to BA who is probably looking after himself first and not wanting someone eexperianced lik Barrett beside him who may take his position.

Noise

Coach
Agree that we have been vulnerable at times but I don’t think anyone realistically saw a 38-0 drubbing at the hands of Souths coming.
Our left and right edges have been very vulnerable against shit teams yet no one, not even the coach could predict that an inform team might tear them apart?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Our left and right edges have been very vulnerable against shit teams yet no one, not even the coach could predict that an inform team might tear them apart?
We’ve been scrambling well in defence despite some derp moments from Sivo and Fergo.

I’m happy to admit that I was concerned about some of what I saw but I didn’t think we’d go to absolute shit like we did last night. That was a surprise to me. It was our worst game by a country mile. We fell off a cliff (as demonstrated in my now trademarked graph).

If anyone on here predicted we would play our worst game of the year they were fairly quiet about it beforehand. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Latest posts