What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangs

Coach
I have noticed things he has said recently have been repeated soon after by MP. Or MP has said something and Blade has said the similar thing but revealed a little more info.
Especially on Crichton, Staines and Burton this week. Both had a go at media driven agenda on Burton.
Blade has been saying for awhile Crichton is a done deal and there is a minor hold up. Today MP reveals a administration hold up.
Hmmm.

Maybe the MP reads this forum?

Don't say too much, you'll scare off blade.

kinghippo

Juniors
Maybe not right now, but I think there’s easier paths to a fullback role than through Edwards. Dylan I reckon probably ranks around 6th-8th best fullback.
I am not suggesting he could take Edwards spot but he could easily get a shot if Dylan gets another injury. My point was he would still be second in line at most clubs.
The hammer up in NQ is a few games ahead of Staines and has all the speed in the world.
He isn’t quite ready to be a first grade fullback, the role has changed a lot and players seem to need a bit of first grade under their belt before they can get going at fullback.
Staines is very similar, he needs time to develop any team that takes him on big dollars and drops him at fullback is doing him a disservice.

I am not suggesting he could take Edwards spot but he could easily get a shot if Dylan gets another injury. My point was he would still be second in line at most clubs.
The hammer up in NQ is a few games ahead of Staines and has all the speed in the world.
He isn’t quite ready to be a first grade fullback, the role has changed a lot and players seem to need a bit of first grade under their belt before they can get going at fullback.
Staines is very similar, he needs time to develop any team that takes him on big dollars and drops him at fullback is doing him a disservice.

Yeah I think it’s best he plays 1-2 seasons on the wing before he moves to FB, possibly why the club gave Edwards a 2 year deal.

Crashtest

Juniors
I know money is important and careers are short but sometimes people get to caught up on how much a young guy could make on the open market. A kid with Charlie’s talent could spend two years out injured and all 16 clubs would at a minimum throw him a contract as low risk high reward type signing. All he has to do is have a good attitude and avoid career ending injuries and the minimum he will earn per year is 100k for the next 5-10 years and realistically he might already be getting offers 3 or 4 times that size for his next contract. If his first few years go really well he could be on 800k plus by time he’s 25. Take your time Charlie, stay where you are comfortable and not being thrown in the deep end with the pressure of trying to turn around a struggling club hanging over you. That’s what I’d be telling the kid right now.

You should be become a player agent! Would do a much better job.

murraymob

Coach
Blade you may be able to answer this a fellow poster was wondering now it has my curiosity .In the coaching box at the back who is the guy with the beard with the computer

age.s

First Grade
Yeah but by 2024 I’ll be doing ok managing a young superstar with three premierships in the bag already ;)

Oh for sure. He'd be loyal for the remainder of his career most likely too. Some people are just that short sighted.

chrisD

Coach
May is looking like he could demand big money for his next deal, how long is he signed for? Personally I'd pay him and still play him 14, make him the highest paid bench player in the game. Think we need to let Tamou go, need his money to keep the rest of the first 17 and Naden/Leniu, even without retaining Staines and Burton.

May is looking like he could demand big money for his next deal, how long is he signed for? Personally I'd pay him and still play him 14, make him the highest paid bench player in the game. Think we need to let Tamou go, need his money to keep the rest of the first 17 and Naden/Leniu, even without retaining Staines and Burton.

May is off contract at the end of this year.

I wouldn’t be breaking the bank for him, not after the club stuck it’s neck out for him. If he won’t repay the loyalty then he can go elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts