What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green immediately released

BLN2

Juniors
100%, no thanks to Foran. Not that he would come anyway. To me he's a $500k player, who is on the park half the year. Worth $300k IMO.

We need to think of the future, not plug holes with aging guys looking for their last contract. With the noise the owners have made, that's what we're gonna do.

Big Marn

Juniors
Yeh no way on Foran.
Same reason im low on Proctor. Its not so much the age (30) as it is the mileage (250 + games) I would rather we go for someone with 100 games. We dont want to keep falling into the same trap year after year with overpaying the likes of Blair/Green/Luke and getting medium - low return on investment.

We got RTS when had played 84 games for the Roosters. We got Tohu after he had played 117 Games for the Storm.
Notwithstanding the obvious talent there, I think around the 100 game mark is the sweet spot. Its not going to always pay off, but i think your chances increase that you will get some value back, to counter the fact we are almost always overpaying the market price.
The obvious outlier is Steve Price. He had racked up 222 games by the time he got to the Warriors. We got pretty good return on investment apart from that final season with the foot injury.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Yeh no way on Foran.
Same reason im low on Proctor. Its not so much the age (30) as it is the mileage (250 + games) I would rather we go for someone with 100 games. We dont want to keep falling into the same trap year after year with overpaying the likes of Blair/Green/Luke and getting medium - low return on investment.

We got RTS when had played 84 games for the Roosters. We got Tohu after he had played 117 Games for the Storm.
Notwithstanding the obvious talent there, I think around the 100 game mark is the sweet spot. Its not going to always pay off, but i think your chances increase that you will get some value back, to counter the fact we are almost always overpaying the market price.
The obvious outlier is Steve Price. He had racked up 222 games by the time he got to the Warriors. We got pretty good return on investment apart from that final season with the foot injury.

This whole post reminds me of the quandary of buying a used car!

Blair

Coach
i think theres quite a lot of similarities between league players and used cars lol.

Some of our signings have been like wound-back, 90s' Jap imports. Others are gems, with one previous (non-boyracer) owner, who knew a thing or two about looking after cars.

Oh, and plenty in-between.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Reports coming out that Blake Green has signed a 1 year deal with the Bulldogs for 2021.
Apparently signed 3 weeks ago.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sport...e/news-story/ef6ef76d50757f5bcbb5da802eec3248

Interesting that Barrett has signed him.... Beaver?

This cracked me up this morning

Weidler today about Green:
"When he was at Manly, new Bulldogs coach Barrett leaned heavily on Green for guidance. I’ve been told Barrett would ask Green what one of his former coaches, Craig Bellamy, would do."