What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your side

hindy111

Post Whore
Looks like D.Browns done for season.

What's your side?

1 Guth
2 Blake
3 Taka
4 MJ
5 Fergo
6 Salmon
7 Moses
8 RCG
9 Mahoney
10 Jnr
11 Lane
12 Matto
13 Brown

14 Niakuore
15 Kafusi
16 Stone
17 Davey

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
1. Paul Taylor
2. Mick Delroy
3. Michael Cronin
4. Steve Ella
5. Eric Grothe
6. Brett Kenny
7. Peter Sterling
8. Geoff Bugden
9. Michael Moseley
10. Terry Leabeater
11. John Muggleton
12. Mark Laurie
13. Ray Price (capt).

Coach - Steve Kearney

Pazza

First Grade
Hayne
Grothe Jnr
Lyon
Tahu
Radradra
Buettner
Moses
RCG
Riddell
Paulo
Hindmarsh
Morrison
Brown

Pj Marsh
Moi Moi
Solomona
Widders

Avenger

Immortal

What's your side?

1 Guth
2 Blake
3 Taka
4 MJ
5 Fergo
6 Salmon
7 Moses
8 RCG
9 Mahoney
10 Jnr
11 Lane
12 Matto
13 Brown

14 Niakuore
15 Kafusi
16 Stone
17 Davey
I can’t see Salmon getting the 6 jersey. He hasn’t played all year. I’d be putting Gutherson there with Ferguson at fullback. George Jennings to the wing with Taka on the bench to cover for any injuries/nightmare form.

Avenger

Immortal
1. Paul Taylor
2. Mick Delroy
3. Michael Cronin
4. Steve Ella
5. Eric Grothe
6. Brett Kenny
7. Peter Sterling
8. Geoff Bugden
9. Michael Moseley
10. Terry Leabeater
11. John Muggleton
12. Mark Laurie
13. Ray Price (capt).

Coach - Steve Kearney
I think you’ll find that Delroy has gone to the Roosters. Neil Hunt was going to replace him but that stupid step was finally exposed against Balmain and he will be replaced by David Liddiard.

Peter Wynn should be in that side but he is too busy trying to open up a new sports shop despite Eric Grothe trying to sell his one in Smithfield. I went there, it’s shit and it won’t last. He has a nice car though. The insurance must be huge on that thing.

Chipmunk

Coach
I can’t see Salmon getting the 6 jersey. He hasn’t played all year. I’d be putting Gutherson there with Ferguson at fullback. George Jennings to the wing with Taka on the bench to cover for any injuries/nightmare form.

So if Salmon is not going to get a game then why is he still here?

hindy111

Post Whore

What's your side?

1 Guth
2 Blake
3 Taka
4 MJ
5 Fergo
6 Salmon
7 Moses
8 RCG
9 Mahoney
10 Jnr
11 Lane
12 Matto
13 Brown

14 Niakuore
15 Kafusi
16 Stone
17 Davey

I'd consider starting Stone at Lock and bring Brown on after 20....
And W.Smith for Davey.
KE does not excite me. He has poor leg drive and silly offloads.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Fergo at fullback makes our poor attack even worse.....a fullback that can’t pass won’t help a struggling attack....

chiefy1

Juniors
1 Guth
2 Sivo
3 Blake
4 MJ
5 Fergo
6 Salmon
7 Moses
8 RCG
9 Mahoney
10 Jnr
11 Lane
12 Matto
13 Brown

14 Niakuore
15 Kafusi
16 Stone
17 Davey

Salmon played a vital role early in 2018. Remember the Bankwest opening. Played a number of games and looked solid but was eventually replaced at around R7 by debutante DRown.
  • Feild would be a disaster in defense as we already have one or two spot players and don't need another. Can't kick either. Can run by that's about it. If ba goes with Feild its season over.

Takahashi is very erratic, and cant kick. We certainly can't have one kicker on the field as Moses will be heavily targeted.

Will Smith would be my third choice but he's another speed jump in D.

Matterson is extremely solid in defense and is match fit. Played all his jnrs at 6. My second option. Could be the one.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
This week:

1. Gutho
2. Fergo
3. Mennings (can he switch sides?)
4. Taka
5. Gennings
6. Salmon (paired with Moses last year and did ok)
7. Moses
8. Paulo
9. Mahoney (tempted to start with stone for first 20 to add some energy, we have started fairly flat last few weeks. )
10. Alvaro (RCG is probably suspended)
11. Lane
12. Matterson
13. Nrown

14. Stone
15. Kafusi
16. Evans
17. Marata

our edge defence needs some fixing Blake is just poor with finishing the tackle, generally makes he right read / move but misses to many. Sivo seems to have no idea how to make the correct read. Taka has generally done ok yes occasional out paced but normally makes the tackle/ correct read.

Last edited:

emjaycee

Coach

What's your side?

1 Guth
2 Blake
3 Taka
4 MJ
5 Fergo
6 Salmon
7 Moses
8 RCG
9 Mahoney
10 Jnr
11 Lane
12 Matto
13 Brown

14 Niakuore
15 Kafusi
16 Stone
17 Davey
You snuck in the opportunity to drop Sivo... not sure BA will do that just yet.
Despite some underwhelming performances in the wet, he hasn't been the sole cause of our 2 recent losses and is only 2 tries adrift of the leading tryscorer.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
1 Guth
2 Sivo
3 Blake
4 MJ
5 Fergo
6 Salmon
7 Moses
8 RCG
9 Mahoney
10 Jnr
11 Lane
12 Matto
13 Brown

14 Niakuore
15 Kafusi
16 Stone
17 Davey

Salmon played a vital role early in 2018. Remember the Bankwest opening. Played a number of games and looked solid but was eventually replaced at around R7 by debutante DRown.
  • Feild would be a disaster in defense as we already have one or two spot players and don't need another. Can't kick either. Can run by that's about it. If ba goes with Feild its season over.

Takahashi is very erratic, and cant kick. We certainly can't have one kicker on the field as Moses will be heavily targeted.

Will Smith would be my third choice but he's another speed jump in D.

Matterson is extremely solid in defense and is match fit. Played all his jnrs at 6. My second option. Could be the one.
Nice colours!

Happy MEel

First Grade
Despite some underwhelming performances in the wet, he hasn't been the sole cause of our 2 recent losses and is only 2 tries adrift of the leading tryscorer.
He wasn’t the sole cause but his defensive decisions (allowing too much space on his outside and his up and ins covering no one) cost us tries. That, combined with his lack of speed, laziness and poor carries justifies it in my opinion. He seems like a merkin that might respond if a rocket is put up him in the form of a few weeks off.

Happy MEel

First Grade
This week:

1. Gutho
2. Fergo
3. Mennings (can he switch sides?)
4. Taka
5. Gennings
6. Salmon (paired with Moses last year and did ok)
7. Moses
8. Paulo
9. Mahoney (tempted to start with stone for first 20 to add some energy, we have started fairly flat last few weeks. )
10. Alvaro (RCG is probably suspended)
11. Lane
12. Matterson
13. Nrown

14. Stone
15. Kafusi
16. Evans
17. Marata

our edge defence needs some fixing Blake is just poor with finishing the tackle, generally makes he right read / move but misses to many. Sivo seems to have no idea how to make the correct read. Taka has generally done ok yes occasional out paced but normally makes the tackle/ correct read.
Id leave Jennings where he is because a Taka Gennings combo is asking for trouble.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Id leave Jennings where he is because a Taka Gennings combo is asking for trouble.

Yeah fair enough but not sure we wouId want 2 slugs in Taka / Fergo defending together either, wouId be the slowest centre/Wing combo in the comp...

Gazzamatta

Coach
He wasn’t the sole cause but his defensive decisions (allowing too much space on his outside and his up and ins covering no one) cost us tries. That, combined with his lack of speed, laziness and poor carries justifies it in my opinion. He seems like a merkin that might respond if a rocket is put up him in the form of a few weeks off.
Being dropped might just jepoardise his future big rugby contract. Might be just the trick to liven him up. Dont wanna miss out on that big pay day.

IFR33K

Coach
I would drop waqa for taka, but Brown getting injured has probably saved waqa for the time being.

BA will have a few options, not great ones but they’re options none the less.

taka in for waqa and salmon in at 6

Or taka at 6 and salmon in the centres.

could even go Gennings on the wing and fergo one in.

hindy111

Post Whore

Cant defend. I think the 3rd try it was man on man and no space for attacker but he still come in....