What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R16 Fri - Roosters 58-12 Broncos @ SCG

Round 16: Roosters v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The_Frog

First Grade
They're shot and sacking the coach is basically the club trying not to waste next season too. Although tbh I don't know that you recover from a season like this one over one off season, having seen more than few at my own club.
Your mob went from last to 5th in one year. No reason the Broncos can't as well.

As an avid conspiracy nut, I think the Broncos demise can pretty much be linked to the rapid rise in TV ratings of Broncos games this year.

Comparing viewing averages on the East Coast from a selected sample:

Broncs games Friday night tv ratings in time Illustrative averages:

1994 season: 768, 323 viewers.

2006 season: 678,124 viewers

2015 season; 621, 877 viewers

versus:

2020 season: 1, 201, 989 ( source below)

People are sick and tired of tuning in to regular club success and illiterate and incomprehensible ex players flogging on about excellence or mistakes, when none of them have been proper fans and understand us.

The game is held up as some kind of contemporary religious edifice, that we are meant to buy into wholesale.

The reality is that the clever executives have worked out that people love to see David smash Goliath. We love our underdogs. We can’t get enough of the big and powerful clubs suffering badly. We thrive on the likes of Darius and Smith ( their greatness having been shoved down our throats for years) turning into muppets in their twylight years as age and injury catches up with them.

The sight of the Titans celebrating an unlikely and pug ugly win after that freak try, was the highlight of last nights viewing as was the Holbrook press conference ( he couldn’t believe he’d won).

Keeping in mind that the game is essentially about moving product off the shelves these days ( according to the late Mike Gibson who spent his life in the media) it stands to reason that the Broncos getting smashed at prime time is going to move a lot of widgets off the shelves, contribute to debt and keep the economy from plummeting into the abyss.

So I appreciate the Broncs taking the fall for the moment ( they will be back in a few years) but the caravan will move on.

Darius was let down by his defensive line all night which was most enjoyable viewing, but on a personal footy level, I honesty feel he has no case to answer.

I am enjoying the new Broncos quite a bit but expect them to become underdogs soon and then no doubt we will cheering them on against a strong and almost unbeatable top 4 Titans outfit in a couple of years.

source: creative licence ( lol, but I’ll be honest)

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Your mob went from last to 5th in one year. No reason the Broncos can't as well.

There is one reason they can't do that and that is because they can't defend,

The players are content to believe the hype and collect their inflatedpay chqs, why should they bother defending. Look at Staggs, the media and ignoramati aer frothing over him yet he is terrible he can't defend if he tried

GongPanther

Referee
As an avid conspiracy nut, I think the Broncos demise can pretty much be linked to the rapid rise in TV ratings of Broncos games this year.

Comparing viewing averages on the East Coast from a selected sample:

Broncs games Friday night tv ratings in time Illustrative averages:

1994 season: 768, 323 viewers.

2006 season: 678,124 viewers

2015 season; 621, 877 viewers

versus:

2020 season: 1, 201, 989 ( source below)

People are sick and tired of tuning in to regular club success and illiterate and incomprehensible ex players flogging on about excellence or mistakes, when none of them have been proper fans and understand us.

The game is held up as some kind of contemporary religious edifice, that we are meant to buy into wholesale.

The reality is that the clever executives have worked out that people love to see David smash Goliath. We love our underdogs. We can’t get enough of the big and powerful clubs suffering badly. We thrive on the likes of Darius and Smith ( their greatness having been shoved down our throats for years) turning into muppets in their twylight years as age and injury catches up with them.

The sight of the Titans celebrating an unlikely and pug ugly win after that freak try, was the highlight of last nights viewing as was the Holbrook press conference ( he couldn’t believe he’d won).

Keeping in mind that the game is essentially about moving product off the shelves these days ( according to the late Mike Gibson who spent his life in the media) it stands to reason that the Broncos getting smashed at prime time is going to move a lot of widgets off the shelves, contribute to debt and keep the economy from plummeting into the abyss.

So I appreciate the Broncs taking the fall for the moment ( they will be back in a few years) but the caravan will move on.

Darius was let down by his defensive line all night which was most enjoyable viewing, but on a personal footy level, I honesty feel he has no case to answer.

I am enjoying the new Broncos quite a bit but expect them to become underdogs soon and then no doubt we will cheering them on against a strong and almost unbeatable top 4 Titans outfit in a couple of years.

source: creative licence ( lol, but I’ll be honest)
Brilliant! ( But still needed a bit more Darius. )

Mr Spock!

Referee

The players are content to believe the hype and collect their inflatedpay chqs, why should they bother defending. Look at Staggs, the media and ignoramati aer frothing over him yet he is terrible he can't defend if he tried
Some players will be off contract.

If Milford wants a million dollar contract from the Tigers or Dogs, he'll have to start looking vaguely interested.

Wonder if a team has conceded 50 points twice in the same season against one team

1935 NSWRL

Round 5: Roosters 61 def. University 5 at the Sydney Sports Ground.
Round 14: Roosters 40 def. University 5 at Pratten Park.

Round 6: Roosters 87 def. Canterbury 7 at the Sydney Sports Ground.
Round 15: Rooster 65 def. Canterbury 10 at Pratten Park.

Round 7: Roosters 57 def. Norths 9 at the SCG.
Round 16: Roosters 53 def. Norths 15 at the SCG.

Source - https://afltables.com/rl/seas/1935.html

big hit!

Bench

Absolutely terrible. He was repeatedly showed up by a geriatric last night.

Their attitude is terrible. They got through juniors by running over chumps in their age group, probably hardly had to defend or managed it due to their size against age players. Now they're up against men every week and they look like the boys they are.

New coach has to lock the balls up for the first 2 months of 2021 prep. Drill a defend first / 1%er mentality into these merkins.

I think one of the reasons lu game day match threads is so popular is that most forum folk are enjoying taking the piss out of everything and everyone and enjoying other people doing the same thing.

Much more realistic and enjoyable than the official commentary.

Coby could get @blue bags and @Willow ( best mates) to cut a deal with Kayo etc to run our game day thread live under the game vision in its own box and Kayo subscribers can pay extra for the humour.

The only thing I’d suggest is that before the deal is done, we ensure LU is registered offshore, we share the servers with Wikileaks and open a cheque account in Iceland using bitcoin.

bileduct

Coach
I left the TV on in the background after the game while I was doing shit on the PC well into the night, was hit with that Windows device disconnection sound three more times during the replays and it got me each time.

Latest posts