What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

greenBV4

Bench
Snyder cut is being released as a 4 part miniseries isnt it? I think it'll be fairly different as there will be a fair bit more content

Matua

Bench
I have no faith the Snyder cut will really be any good.

I personally didn't hate justice league or BvS but they are clearly flawed.

There is no way this is miraculously amazing.

Polishing a turd, as they say.

I'm just more interested in the different take, regardless of quality.
I too am interested to see how it turns out but I don't rate Snyder as a director at all and Man of Steel and BvS are two of the crappier comic book movies ever made. I think the Snyder cut will be more of the same.

greenBV4

Bench
What happens to the MCU now with Boseman passing away?
RIP.. was it even common knowledge he was sick?

Did they start any filming of BP2?
Otherwise probably a recast - BP and wakanda was pretty integrual to the MCU and can't really just be ignored without explanation - if it could be explained I could see Shuri taking the mantle moving forward

panthersam

Juniors
RIP to Chadwick, incredible actor and absolutely shined as the Black Panther.

In terms of what happens with the character now - I wouldn’t be too surprised if they write it as Killmonger somehow surviving, changing his ways because of the Black Panther that defeated him and eventually taking over the mantle so that Marvel Studios can have one of the biggest actors in the world continue on with the character in Michael B Jordan.

Matua

Bench
RIP to Chadwick, incredible actor and absolutely shined as the Black Panther.

In terms of what happens with the character now - I wouldn’t be too surprised if they write it as Killmonger somehow surviving, changing his ways because of the Black Panther that defeated him and eventually taking over the mantle so that Marvel Studios can have one of the biggest actors in the world continue on with the character in Michael B Jordan.
That would be a great way to do it - Jordan will be great in the role, and he was never a fully bad guy (and as the Fast and the Furious series shows us you can rehabilitate any bad guy if you want to).

shiznit

Coach
Absolutely tragic news. Pretty shocked he kept it so private for so long while still managing to act in some huge movies.

I feel for his family losing a husband and father still far, far too soon.

people obviously see him in his role as BP... but he was an incredible actor who was f**king AMAZING in 42 and in Marshall... even some of his lesser known roles he was excellent... I’m talking message from the king... 21 bridges... even in draft day...

the dude was really hitting his straps as an actor and I really don’t think it’s a stretch to say it wasn’t going to be too long before he grabbed an Oscar.

as for what happens from here... I liked Killmonger as a villain... I’d love to see them bring him back... but I like him as a ruthless villain.

I know it’s probably not popular but I’d like to see them give it to Shuri like i think in the comics... maybe supported by Bucky as the White Wolf.

not 100% how it works out but I’m sure Feige will figure something out...

jargan83

Coach
This was mentioned to me this afternoon and I didn't believe it so jumped online and I'm not going to lie this news spun me out.

f**k cancer.

RIP Chadwick Boseman, gone probably just as he was hitting the prime of his career.