What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

W/T round 16: The grudge cup.

who is sick to death of all this media crap about clearly walking out of the tigers.. Fox and the Sydney mornald herald brought it up again today. GET OVER IT HAPPENED TWO F***** years ago. Mind you the tigger fans are still blowing up deluxe about!!!!! And how good was it the slimes being smashed?????

It will be worse should we beat the Tigers on Saturday night

GongPanther

Referee
who is sick to death of all this media crap about clearly walking out of the tigers.. Fox and the Sydney mornald herald brought it up again today. GET OVER IT HAPPENED TWO F***** years ago. Mind you the tigger fans are still blowing up deluxe about!!!!! And how good was it the slimes being smashed?????
After Cleary did that infamous post match "managed" interview, Cooper on NRL 360 out of the blue brought that incident up in regards to Cleary leaving the Tigers, which had absolutely nothing to do with the topic of discussion. The other three panellists sat dumbfounded...you could see the WTF look on their faces. Pure gold.

BTW Italianpanrherman..welcome to the fold. :)

Crashtest

Juniors

There is actually a positive Panthers article on the Foxsports site. Makes for a nice change compared to all the recent Ivan beat up ones.

There is some good analysis and video about the rise and development of Nathan since his first grade debut, and the vision and change in tempo he is playing with this season. Well worth a read:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...g/news-story/d3432d47c44706ae6c8b31fd01097299

Kilkenny

Coach
What a great day. Must be spring is it.

Looking forward to the game tonight, hopefully a really good performance and win.

Just notice Josh Aloiai our for Tigers for family reasons. Bit of a blow for them.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
There is actually a positive Panthers article on the Foxsports site. Makes for a nice change compared to all the recent Ivan beat up ones.

There is some good analysis and video about the rise and development of Nathan since his first grade debut, and the vision and change in tempo he is playing with this season. Well worth a read:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...g/news-story/d3432d47c44706ae6c8b31fd01097299

That is a great article. Detailed analysis with examples and stats to support it. Good to see some real sports journalism.

box57l

Juniors
Exactly. How could you begrudge a guy that had likely a once in a life opportunity to coach his son in 1st grade. But the media just cares about the negative in sport and in life..

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
What a great day. Must be spring is it.

Looking forward to the game tonight, hopefully a really good performance and win.

Just notice Josh Aloiai our for Tigers for family reasons. Bit of a blow for them.

had a little one born. Little one (By the photo looks to have a nasal gastric tube in) so I hope the little one is OK. This is above footy it's about the health of little ones.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Exactly. How could you begrudge a guy that had likely a once in a life opportunity to coach his son in 1st grade. But the media just cares about the negative in sport and in life..

The amusing thing is W/T administrators were plotting and playing to bring Nathan over to the W/T. Nathan (god bless him) said he didn't want to leave his mates.

So the carryon by W/T is all tantrum tears.

Jane Murray

Bench
The amusing thing is W/T administrators were plotting and playing to bring Nathan over to the W/T. Nathan (god bless him) said he didn't want to leave his mates.

So the carryon by W/T is all tantrum tears.

I read an article today, and unfortunately, I can not upload it as I do not know how, Justin Pascoe, is still sulking as he, and Ivan, still aren't speaking.

Crashtest

Juniors
Justin Pascoe is in no position to sulk... atleast Ivan didn't accept a fully paid trip to US only to come home and walk out on the club

Plus how hypocritical is it of him, and the club in general, to be whinging about breaking contracts considering they had shafted Taylor before hiring Cleary, and Potter before Taylor. And Sheens before either of them.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Plus how hypocritical is it of him, and the club in general, to be whinging about breaking contracts considering they had shafted Taylor before hiring Cleary, and Potter before Taylor. And Sheens before either of them.

They keep going on about Ivan leaving their cap in a mess. Yet I am sure he didn't have full control, other people would have had to agree with his recruitment.Pascoe for one.
Funny thing is since Ivan has gone they are still overpaying players. Paid massive overs for BJ. Doueihi on a reported healthy amount.

maple_69

Bench
Gotta say I think Cleary did leave in a poor manner. It’s one thing for a player to walk out on a contract but a coach doing it halfway through rebuilding a list is very different.

Anyway I’ve always suspected there was something else going on. Ivan otherwise is a universally respected figure so very out of character.

Tigers were wrapped with Ivan and his horrible signings at the time. They were exactly the same types of players he brought to Penrith. Overpaid, seasoned vets with good attitudes to shift the culture of the club. It’s an early first step of a very long process to turn around clubs that were mired in such mediocrity like we were and the Tigers were. Madge has benefited from Ivan’s work. Discrediting that work, and teasing the Clearys for having a strong father/son bond is sad and toxic masculinity at its worst, not to mention hypocritical given their boasting of uniting that very bond at Penriths cost through 17/18.

So despite the whole thing not really sitting well with me, and the Tigers being my second favourite team, I don’t really sympathise with Tigers fans. Hope to see an absolute belting. They are going to struggle something fierce up the middle with out Aloiai.