What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd16: Parra v Souths GAME DAY thread (27/8/20)

TheRam

Coach
I think you've made it more important in your own mind because you are still emotional about the result.

Mate what a cold fish you are. It's footy mate. Of course he is emotional about it. If he weren't he may as well not follow it for f**k sake.

Come to think of it, why do you and Poo both cold, unemotional and dethatched fish even bother to follow the Eels at all? Why even come to this forum and pretend that you even like the Eels and follow the sport?

You two are just plain pathetic. Actually calling you fish is giving fish a bad name. Fish are instinctive and have a killer instinct. You two are more like a cold puddle after a boot step in the mud. Cold and lifeless misery.

:) :p

Last edited:

TheRam

Coach
Yeah maybe we should sack the coach who's taken us to the finals in three out of four years. Anyone would be better than that.

Wrong again mate. Not anyone.

Why are you so often sooooo freakin wrong?

Answer: Because everything you say is just pure Pou.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Mate what a cold fish you are. It's footy mate. Of course he is emotional about it. If he weren't he may as well not follow it for f**k sake.

Come to think of it, why do you and Poo both cold, unemotional and dethatched fish even bother to follow the Eels at all? Why even come to this forum and pretend that you even like the Eels and follow the sport?

You two are just plain pathetic. Actually calling you fish is giving fish a bad name. Fish are instinctive and have a killer instinct. You two are more like a cold puddle after a boot step in the mud. Cold and lifeless misery.

Cold and lifeless misery is being negative about every single f**king thing about the eels.

Even when times are good it comes with caveats and little snide remarks aimed at exposing the bad rather than the good. How does that constant shit bagging of a team one supposedly loves, constitute being a better fan. It f**king doesn't fish boy!

It is a dangerous past time for any fan on here with an ounce of positivity or support for our team. The cold, lifeless, negative merkins wear you down with their constant bitching, moaning and wrist slitting...and god help anyone who tries to interrupt the whining with a healthy dose of logic. You'll be labelled a "dethatched" fish (I assume thats a hairy fish that has been given a haircut...)

TheRam

Coach
Cold and lifeless misery is being negative about every single f**king thing about the eels.

Even when times are good it comes with caveats and little snide remarks aimed at exposing the bad rather than the good. How does that constant shit bagging of a team one supposedly loves, constitute being a better fan. It f**king doesn't fish boy!

It is a dangerous past time for any fan on here with an ounce of positivity or support for our team. The cold, lifeless, negative merkins wear you down with their constant bitching, moaning and wrist slitting...and god help anyone who tries to interrupt the whining with a healthy dose of logic. You'll be labelled a "dethatched" fish (I assume thats a hairy fish that has been given a haircut...)

Laughable bla bla bla bla and then..the highlighted bit you totally came undone.

Eelementary

Post Whore

I truly admire you, Pou, and Gronk's positivity, and logical thinking. And I mean that genuinely.

I'm way too emotional to be rational.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I truly admire you, Pou, and Gronk's positivity, and logical thinking. And I mean that genuinely.

I'm way too emotional to be rational.
No way mate. You are the last person I was thinking of when I made that comment!

We all get annoyed at times and have given our team a gobful after a shit performance. It’s just that some people like to wallow in it. Even when the going is good.

Soto

Bench

People love the club thats why they fkn care. Its an internet forum and ppl can be emotional if they want. Not saying anyone in particular is..
The facts are we have been shit for about 7-8 weeks but have jagged games when we weren't the better team or with a bit of luck from the officials.
We have all seen this coming as in being totally exposed with our poor form in both attack and defense.
I thought we lifted in intensity against the Storm and looked like there was a new found confidence. However patience wasn't the order of the day and we got panicky, started throwing unnecessary passes, not completing sets and beat a very understrength side. Yes you can only play what's in front of you.
Hopefully this week was a massive wake up call. There is a good 10 day turnaround to the warriors game and i believe we need it.
Some of them look very jaded. We do however play the panfers 5 days later...
I would love to see 5 things in particular from here on in.
- Complete sets
- Stay in the game and challenge for every play. We hardly ever put pressure on the opposition kickers is one example
- defensively number up and don't get exposed on the edges by having Sivo, Blake, Fergo etc race so far in..schoolboy stuff
- make our bombs a contest on the line not 10m out.
- Moses play more direct and run the ball more..forward not sideways...Dylan is out so we need this more than ever now as he always looks like going through

Suitman

Post Whore
People love the club thats why they fkn care. Its an internet forum and ppl can be emotional if they want. Not saying anyone in particular is..
The facts are we have been shit for about 7-8 weeks but have jagged games when we weren't the better team or with a bit of luck from the officials.
We have all seen this coming as in being totally exposed with our poor form in both attack and defense.
I thought we lifted in intensity against the Storm and looked like there was a new found confidence. However patience wasn't the order of the day and we got panicky, started throwing unnecessary passes, not completing sets and beat a very understrength side. Yes you can only play what's in front of you.
Hopefully this week was a massive wake up call. There is a good 10 day turnaround to the warriors game and i believe we need it.
- Complete sets
- Stay in the game and challenge for every play. We hardly ever put pressure on the opposition kickers is one example
- defensively number up and don't get exposed on the edges by having Sivo, Blake, Fergo etc race so far in..schoolboy stuff
- Moses play more direct and run the ball more..forward not sideways...Dylan is out so we need this more than ever now as he always looks like going through

Great post.
Agree with all of it.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
- Complete sets
Not saying they can’t mate. Just commenting on how anything contrary to that narrative gets ripped by a handful of posters. Not a big deal in the scheme of things - just my response to Rammy.

Agree with all of your suggestions. We do those better and we will definitely improve.

It’s been a pretty average 2 months. Let’s hope we step up and don’t piss the season away like @hineyrulz does with his money when he gets on the punt.

Pugzley

Well that was a shit showing from Parra

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Kornstar

Coach
Well, you would have thought that we would do that last night, knowing that it was an important game that we could make a semi final statement of intent, but we didn't.
All we managed to do was embarrass ourselves.

I'm not arguing with that, my comments were aimed at the comments that he was clueless and didn't know what to do. He said the right things but i have mentioned a few times that whether he can inspire them is up for debate right now but they certainly have the talent imo.

We move up quicker in defence and embrace the collision, our edges will have a much better time shutting down plays as they won't be short every time the opposition passes the ball out wide.

The Warriors will at least be a good test as they aren't the easy beats they were earlier in the season but should be a team we beat based in rosters.

Eelementary

Post Whore
No way mate. You are the last person I was thinking of when I made that comment!

We all get annoyed at times and have given our team a gobful after a shit performance. It’s just that some people like to wallow in it. Even when the going is good.

Oh, thanks, mate!

I know I've been quite negative since Thursday - questioning our coaching staff, etc - but all in all, sitting in third spot isn't too shabby.

I do think Arthur needs to address some issues - I don’t think anyone feels Thursday's result was acceptable -, but maybe I should just accept he is our coach for two more years, and have some faith that he knows what he's doing.

Latest posts