What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 vs Cowboys

Dragon David

First Grade
Cows are due for a win
Looks like this game.
Sants lose to spoil my birthday and fathers day.
Would be great If we could be in the finals at this time of year
Happy birthday and fathers day Jeff next Sunday. Win, lose or draw by the Dragons it is insignificant compared to your happiness.

Mjab

Juniors
I have said previously that IMO we would do better without Hunt & Norman

Neither can control a game yet both get more than their fare share of ball yet do very little with it.

While ever they are in the side we will defer to them and get little or no reward for doing so.

IMO let Clune run the ship and he can only do that if the others aren’t there.
I do sort of agree but Clune is not that much better
I agree just f**k Norman off , maybe hunt will respond to a coach who knows something and can guide him

who the f**k was Fogarty and he played better than any of our halves including Clune
Clune tries hard but he is no saviour or premiership winning halfback

Mjab

Juniors
He still played better than Hunt and Norman in last nights game. He made more half chances and nearly scored - as he ran at the line and committed defenders. His worst game is still better than the other two best game.

ALso, I have been watching Hunts passing from dummy half and he regularly passes the ball behind the runners. This requires the runners to slow to catch the ball and then try and restart.

McInness needs to return to dummy half, Sailor to 6, Clunne to 7 and Hunt to 14(If McInness needs a break).

No point in Sailor , he will be leaving the club for sure
Is Sullivan ready?
I’ve never seen him play
f**k up aitken and Norman NOW

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Thanks, but us winning just makes it a bit more enjoyable.
It's hard following this club atm
Happy Birthday and enjoy Fathers Day next week Jeff.....was doubtful yesterday that we could toss The Titans and Im afraid Im feeling the same about next week....dont punish yourself by watching mate.....and can I suggest if you do manage to substitute something else on the day keep it in mind for 2021 you may very well be in the same position

Old Timer

Coach
I do sort of agree but Clune is not that much better
I agree just f**k Norman off , maybe hunt will respond to a coach who knows something and can guide him

who the f**k was Fogarty and he played better than any of our halves including Clune
Clune tries hard but he is no saviour or premiership winning halfback
  1. Hunt is a shell shock and will never recover
  2. Norman is a bludger and will never give it his all
  3. Clune in a very limited time and in a very refined space has shown more sense of space and urgency than either of them
  4. Hunt & Norman have had how many games to prove they can’t cut it as against Clune who feeds off crumbs offered by the aforementioned?
  5. Clune is basically restricted to 1 side if the field and had already found a way to get an edge player into a hole and avoid the non passing centre EA where the others ignore the edge and feed the ball hog.
  6. Clune in the end may prove not to be anything more than a very capable back up where Hunt & Norman haven’t even mastered that.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
For fun, my team for game v Cowboys.

1. Dufty
2. JP
3. Feagai
4. Lomax
5. Rava
6. Sullivan
7. Clune
8. Kerr
9. McInnes
10. Ellis
11. Friz
12. Host
13. Ford

14. Hunt
15. Blacker
16. Lawrie
17. Fuimaono

Dragons 09

Juniors
I'd rather try something like this

1. Vette - Welsh
2. Feagai
3. Sergis
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Bremner
7. Clune
8. Kerr
9. Brittain
10. Feterika
11. Apps
12. Host
13. McInnes

14. Davis
15. Blacker
16. Fotu - Moala
17. Fuimaono

Mjab

Juniors
I'd rather try something like this

1. Vette - Welsh
2. Feagai
3. Sergis
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Bremner
7. Clune
8. Kerr
9. Brittain
10. Feterika
11. Apps
12. Host
13. McInnes

14. Davis
15. Blacker
16. Fotu - Moala
17. Fuimaono
Prob do better than the normal team

Old Timer

Coach
Much needed time has been pissed against the wall due to a flawed mathematical hypothesis which we have all seen & heard before.

Hunt, Norman, Aitken, Merrin should all go.
Dufty
Rava
Feegai
Lomax
Pereira
Sailor
Clune
Kerr
Mc Innes
Ellis
Host
Ford
Frizz

Brittain
T Sims if fit Lawrie otherwise
Fuimaono
Blacker

We had 2 games we could have gained knowledge from which might well have changed our opinions but alas we still remain in the dark.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
ALso, I have been watching Hunts passing from dummy half and he regularly passes the ball behind the runners. This requires the runners to slow to catch the ball and then try and restart.

Agreed mate. Also he didnt scoot the ball once out of dummy half at all last night. If he had run the ball a bit and linked up with forwards in their red zone last night, we would've got them.

They were ready for our spread which starts from his long passes to Clune/Norman and then to Dufty all night and as per usual we had no Plan B which should've been attack around the ruck.

Mjab

Juniors
Much needed time has been pissed against the wall due to a flawed mathematical hypothesis which we have all seen & heard before.

Hunt, Norman, Aitken, Merrin should all go.
Dufty
Rava
Feegai
Lomax
Pereira
Sailor
Clune
Kerr
Mc Innes
Ellis
Host
Ford
Frizz

Brittain
T Sims if fit Lawrie otherwise
Fuimaono
Blacker

We had 2 games we could have gained knowledge from which might well have changed our opinions but alas we still remain in the dark.
I’d put Sullivan in for sailor unless he is staying , otherwise no point

Mjab

Juniors
Agreed mate. Also he didnt scoot the ball once out of dummy half at all last night. If he had run the ball a bit and linked up with forwards in their red zone last night, we would've got them.

They were ready for our spread which starts from his long passes to Clune/Norman and then to Dufty all night and as per usual we had no Plan B which should've been attack around the ruck.
Young learnt from Mary
No need for plan B

thebigredv

First Grade
Licking my lips for this one, so much to play for. So many questions, will our 3rd hooker Brittan get another run for 2 minutes? will Sailor and Blacker make the reserves? will our forwards have anyone to off load to or will they just not offload at all? What an enticing prospect!

Latest posts