What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R16 Sat - Panthers 30-6 Wests Tigers @ Panthers

Round 16: Panthers v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I reckon the 6 again rule is actually not so great. It’s gets called all the time and the majority of the time you can’t even work out why.

Its an easy “out” for the ref because they don’t have to give any explanation because the game doesn’t stop.

It’s good that the game is quicker but I really am starting to dislike this rule change.

I think it might be a bit of a cause of all the injuries too

I have mixed feelings on it right now

MilkShark

First Grade
I think it might be a bit of a cause of all the injuries too

I have mixed feelings on it right now
It definitely benefits the team that “should win”, the refs know who is the favourite so as soon as that team is crying out for a penalties they just give them a 6 again and the game goes on and they don’t have to answer to anyone about it at all.

Pugzley

So much salt in here

ivan-cleary-blowing-kiss.gif

MilkShark

First Grade
So much salt. The 11 game win streak reads as follows

Storm
Souths
Tigers
Sharks
Manly
Cowboys
Titans
Canberra
Warriors
Sharks
WT

A mix of good an bad teams. A mix of injuries there too. Home and away

Far from being false Minor Premiers
So that’s 1 top 8 team in 9 weeks?

GongPanther

Referee
See this is the type of "us against the world" mentality your team should be adopting. Not that ludicrous post game celebration after beating a team who won't play finals.

I honestly don't believe I have seen anything like that after a run of the mill regular season win.

The players think they have the comp won already.
After all the bullshit in the media, this win celebration was more or less aimed at them. Plus the fact that we broke the record number of straight wins at Penrith Park.

MilkShark

First Grade
Can only play what's in front of us. We beat the teams when we had to play them.
Agree, but I don’t think you can know where you are guys at until you start playing full strength top 8 teams.

Up against full strength storms and roosters, I think you are going to struggle

chrisD

Coach
Benji was hitting Luai high the whole game up until then and it was Luai’s tap on a slipping BJ that got dived on and penalised in the first place. I don’t like diving but Benji’s head attacking needed stopping and that’s what it took.

GongPanther

Referee
Agree, but I don’t think you can know where you are guys at until you start playing full strength top 8 teams.

Up against full strength storms and roosters, I think you are going to struggle
I think so too. But we will be ready for that task when it comes.