What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

W/T round 16: The grudge cup.

Munky

Coach
Does anyone else get worried everytime Burns touches the ball he'll drop it?

Luai's line break assist pass was magic and we need to find a way to get May on the right side more often. Maybe coming off the bench at lock for Kikau with Yeo going to the left?

He's playing a bit like a Bryce Cartwright who will actually attempt a tackle.

Good win against a team trying to aim up but lacked the class to do so once the bench was required.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Good win. Another tough game.
Tigers played an expansive style and a little unorthodox ( with that kick that lead to their first try).
They went away from this in the second half when we got back into the game.

Am I the only one who thought Spencers try was legit. Yes his arm with the ball touched the ground but no Tiger player had a hand on him.

Broncos next :)

Kilkenny

Coach
Good win. Another tough game.
Tigers played an expansive style and a little unorthodox ( with that kick that lead to their first try).
They went away from this in the second half when we got back into the game.

Am I the only one who thought Spencers try was legit. Yes his arm with the ball touched the ground but no Tiger player had a hand on him.

Broncos next :)

Watching the big screen at the game I thought he kept his arm of the ground but haven’t seen a replay yet.

The_Frog

First Grade
Looks like Yeo won't play next week, but Koroisau will be back, from what the coach is saying.

Kilkenny

Coach
It was a tough gameI thought the Tigers tried there hearts out but they just don’t have the quality and our defence was pretty good.

We were a little clunky in attack which in part was the Tigers getting up in our faces but once we got back on level terms there was only going to be one winner.

franklin2323

Immortal
Does anyone else get worried everytime Burns touches the ball he'll drop it?

Luai's line break assist pass was magic and we need to find a way to get May on the right side more often. Maybe coming off the bench at lock for Kikau with Yeo going to the left?

He's playing a bit like a Bryce Cartwright who will actually attempt a tackle.

Good win against a team trying to aim up but lacked the class to do so once the bench was required.

Capewell makes sure we don't need Burns

age.s

First Grade
I feel like a wonderful broken record at this point. Another excellent performance. Felt in control, even when we fell behind. Benji put a magic kick through and Talau went close but those were the only sniffs we gave them. They turned up to play and we just brushed them aside.

3 players really stood out to me. Luai who was MoM for mine, his try was a massive moment. Kenny, who isn't Api but ran really well and tackles his guts out. There's quite a few clubs that would be lucky to have him. But my biggest wrap goes to Naden. We all know he can wreck with the ball but tonight was the first time I've seen him do the same defensively, making some excellent reads and tackles. Great effort and like a few others it feels like he's lifting to become a player who belongs in a premiership winning team.

Now let's go put 80 on the Gronks.

age.s

First Grade
Was the right play. Instead of putting Crichton under pressure and pushed over the sideline.
Only option was Crichton cut back in or take tackle and set up for next play.

He should have stepped back inside late. Doueihi wouldn't have had the balance to stop him that close to the line imo.

BxTom

Bench
When the penalty try was awarded, why wasn't the Wests player given 10 in the bin?Just Cummin's stupidity?

kinghippo

Juniors
Did I imagine it or did they play a little conservative. Looked like they did what was necessary with another level in their back pocket just in case.
There was an obvious plan to play through the middle and yes I thought we were very conservative in attack.
I really liked the tactics though.
There was no panic when the tigers pushed and instead of silly offloads and crazy passes they just put their heads down and outplayed the tigers.
We played like a championship team versus a plucky challenger, we never really looked in danger and eventually dominated.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
It was a tough gameI thought the Tigers tried there hearts out but they just don’t have the quality and our defence was pretty good.

We were a little clunky in attack which in part was the Tigers getting up in our faces but once we got back on level terms there was only going to be one winner.

Not having Kiks and Api will do that to ya....Also W/T played a spoiling type of game.