What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

kinghippo

Juniors
We have 27 players in our squad chose to go that way instead. Can't now whinge about the rule
I certainly can whinge about a rule that seems like it was created just for the roosters.

We obviously don’t need troops but plenty of other teams did.

The nrl could have offered a life line to the Wolfpack players on the proviso they went to someone like the warriors who were in much more need than the roosters.

Instead they changed the rules to cash in on Sonny Bill with no regard to anything like salary cap or other teams being able to benefit.

I understand he will add some needed dollars to the game but the whole thing stinks to me.

franklin2323

Immortal
I certainly can whinge about a rule that seems like it was created just for the roosters.

We obviously don’t need troops but plenty of other teams did.

The nrl could have offered a life line to the Wolfpack players on the proviso they went to someone like the warriors who were in much more need than the roosters.

Instead they changed the rules to cash in on Sonny Bill with no regard to anything like salary cap or other teams being able to benefit.

I understand he will add some needed dollars to the game but the whole thing stinks to me.

How are they cashing in on SBW though? Crowds are restricted. He is 35 year old that was very average in the games he played before.

Plenty of players changed clubs though

kinghippo

Juniors
How are they cashing in on SBW though? Crowds are restricted. He is 35 year old that was very average in the games he played before.

Plenty of players changed clubs though
He is a huge draw card, he is one of the most popular footballers ever.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...o-code-from-sonny-return-20200830-p55qom.html

I hope he is terrible on field but there is no doubt why he has been aloud to return and it’s all about the $$$
I have nothing against Sonny but vlandys sold out with this decision.

franklin2323

Immortal

kinghippo

Juniors
If they had the cap space and the rule was open to all then how was it a sell out decision?
The rule was invented purely for the Roosters to get sonny bill and wasn’t initially available to other clubs. There was then a very limited time frame on it which hampered other clubs from using it.
The storm signing of Ricky Leutele was the only other player to make the deadline, after initially being rejected they just managed to scrape a deal through.
It was not a fair and equal system designed for every club, it was a sell out.