What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 Penrith V Brisvegas.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Like previou games could end up being a bit tricky.

Short turn a round.....Thursday night.

Looks like no Yeo (concussion) and previous problems with these types of injuries, I can't see the club sending him up to Brissy.

Could get Api back

Kiks also should be back.

Need to be on our game, cause don't want Brisbane pulling our shorts down.

The_Frog

First Grade
Need to be on our game, cause don't want Brisbane pulling our shorts down.
They've got enough talent to produce a competitive first half, but they'll be outclassed as it goes on. They are just waiting for their season to end.

Yeo out but Koroisau, Kikau and Capewell back most likely.

Panthers currently 20/1 on in a two horse race.

tripster

Juniors
Maybe it is rational, or maybe it is some form of psychological injury. I am possibly not the only Panthers fan who suffers from it? But this game against Brisbane makes me incredibly nervous. More so than many of our past games. In years gone by this would be precisely the game we lose. It has all the hallmarks

1. We are having the best season in 17 years, premiership favourites. Riding high on a wave of confidence.
2. Broncos are the crappest team in the competition by a long way. Everyone expects us to win just by showing up.

In years gone by this is the game we would definitely lose. You could probably retire early taking these kinds of bets. What makes it worse we will probably lose, pick up a few injuries and have the wheels fall off.

Please tell me I just need counselling or something.

The_Frog

First Grade
In years gone by this is the game we would definitely lose. You could probably retire early taking these kinds of bets. What makes it worse we will probably lose, pick up a few injuries and have the wheels fall off.
The players need to be reminded of this club's record against the Broncos at Suncorp. Six wins from 20 games. I don't think there will be a problem, although the Broncos might come out fired up but they won't be able to sustain it.

WestyLife

First Grade
He doesn't count Penrith to Kogarah, Brookvale or Campbelltown. He also doesn't count 1000km to Brisbane this week or 3000km to Townsville in two weeks time. The article is complete garbage. He had to put it out now or he couldn't put it out at all.

Exactly. Funny thing is though if we did travel to QLD more it'd be labeled a soft draw as those teams are not having good years.

franklin2323

Immortal
They've got enough talent to produce a competitive first half, but they'll be outclassed as it goes on. They are just waiting for their season to end.

Yeo out but Koroisau, Kikau and Capewell back most likely.

Panthers currently 20/1 on in a two horse race.

No way Capewell doesn't play this week. He needs match fitness

GongPanther

Referee
No way Capewell doesn't play this week. He needs match fitness
Bria To'o and Mitch Kenny played OK without the match fitness.

Good time for Capewell to compliment our squad. Also, give Mansour a rest and bring back the Forbes Farrarri for the excitement, and give Luai a rest and slot Burton in.

BTW TAB Bris $10 Pen $1.05. :)

franklin2323

Immortal
Bria To'o and Mitch Kenny played OK without the match fitness.

Good time for Capewell to compliment our squad. Also, give Mansour a rest and bring back the Forbes Farrarri for the excitement, and give Luai a rest and slot Burton in.

BTW TAB Bris $10 Pen $1.05. :)

I think 4 solid weeks is good for him.
I'd give Luai,JFH and Mansour a rest over the next month.

Treat Parra as a semi but the rest of the games work on match fitness/resting guys

pantherz9103

First Grade
I am also a bit nervous about this game because of our record against the Broncos at Suncorp. To be honest I am annoyed that we still don't get a home game against these pricks, haven't had one since 2016. We actually would have had one early in the season but then the draw was revised, which I'm not complaining about overall but I sure would have loved to play these lot at Penrith.

If you look at The Broncos form, they seem basically incapable of holding a team to less than 28 points. Whereas we have only conceded 20+ points twice all season. If we come out with our typical fast start in 2020 and get a couple of tries ahead they will give up after a while because their confidence and morale is so low. As long as we are up from it from the start, we should comfortably defeat them.

GongPanther

Referee
I am also a bit nervous about this game because of our record against the Broncos at Suncorp. To be honest I am annoyed that we still don't get a home game against these pricks, haven't had one since 2016. We actually would have had one early in the season but then the draw was revised, which I'm not complaining about overall but I sure would have loved to play these lot at Penrith.

If you look at The Broncos form, they seem basically incapable of holding a team to less than 28 points. Whereas we have only conceded 20+ points twice all season. If we come out with our typical fast start in 2020 and get a couple of tries ahead they will give up after a while because their confidence and morale is so low. As long as we are up from it from the start, we should comfortably defeat them.
The past record doesn't factor in the difference between these two side right at his point in time. Sure, just like the Tigers, the Broncos will have something to play for, and that is avoiding the spoon. They will match us for at least the first 20 mins, then it will fall on the Wayside.

Us by 28.

Last edited:

GoldCoastPather

Juniors
Maybe it is rational, or maybe it is some form of psychological injury. I am possibly not the only Panthers fan who suffers from it? But this game against Brisbane makes me incredibly nervous. More so than many of our past games. In years gone by this would be precisely the game we lose. It has all the hallmarks

1. We are having the best season in 17 years, premiership favourites. Riding high on a wave of confidence.
2. Broncos are the crappest team in the competition by a long way. Everyone expects us to win just by showing up.

Please tell me I just need counselling or something.
Summed me up precisely!!! Sadly it comes with being a Panther fan of over 50 years

Jane Murray

Bench
He doesn't count Penrith to Kogarah, Brookvale or Campbelltown. He also doesn't count 1000km to Brisbane this week or 3000km to Townsville in two weeks time. The article is complete garbage. He had to put it out now or he couldn't put it out at all.

Rothfield really needs to get some new material as his dribble is getting tedious. He is only grumpy because we defeated his beloved Sharks team, twice, and we taught them a lesson. While his at it, he should seek urgent medical attention for his verbal diarrhea, and his foot in mouth, issues, both can be life threatening, if left untreated.

The yak

Juniors
I have noticed most of the matches this year the Broncos usually put up a fight until halftime then fall away in the 2nd half.
Short turn around nonetheless if we keep playing as we have been we should win.

Oh, and Rothfield can get stuffed. Panthers 2- 0 over his side this year :)

WestyLife

First Grade
100klm less than the tigers. 7000 less than the Storm. Is he trying to make a point here or just saying we don't deserve our position?

Yes he's trying to create the idea that we have been unfairly advantaged which has created our position on the ladder.