What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxlegend99

Referee
I remember Blake being lit up a week out from the semi's vs Manly in 2017. A week later Whare went to right centre and we won the game against the same team.
Didnt he have a busted shoulder in that game?

We had Whare at fullback aswell and the following week didnt Edwards make a miraculous return from injury which basically just put guys into their natural positions? The side picked was just insane.

That said it was a hell of a turnaround in a week. Feels like an eternity ago. Our gun players from that season are mostly average now. Our average ones have kicked on... Or in some cases come from nowhere to be stars now.

maple_69

Bench
No thanks

Why no to Aiden Tolman? The only other guys off contract with a bit of experience and reasonable metres in them are Matt Eisenhuth and Lachlan Burr. Asiata is another. I’m not sure how well he’d go in our system, but could be interesting.

The_Frog

First Grade

We had Whare at fullback aswell and the following week didnt Edwards make a miraculous return from injury which basically just put guys into their natural positions? The side picked was just insane.

That said it was a hell of a turnaround in a week. Feels like an eternity ago. Our gun players from that season are mostly average now. Our average ones have kicked on... Or in some cases come from nowhere to be stars now.
Bryce and Peachey pulled that semi out of the fire for us. They haven't pulled much out since at the Titans.

Bob

Juniors
Why no to Aiden Tolman? The only other guys off contract with a bit of experience and reasonable metres in them are Matt Eisenhuth and Lachlan Burr. Asiata is another. I’m not sure how well he’d go in our system, but could be interesting.
One of the worst players in the wooden Spooner's, I'd rather try and get Olly Clark back, he's off contract at the Tigers I think

Original Name

Juniors
He's sadly lost his leg speed which is vital forwards in the modern game. Never knock the bloke's effort but he's past it. Loved to be proved wrong because he's a great guy though.

WestyLife

First Grade

Yeah he was injured and got exploited. It wasn't a talent or form issue.

Hooked

Juniors
One of the worst players in the wooden Spooner's, I'd rather try and get Olly Clark back, he's off contract at the Tigers I think

Tolman is not that bad. He averages over 136 metres per game. Twice this season he has hit over 200 metres per game. Nearly 94% tackle efficiently.
My only criticism of him is that he has no power stats. He doesn't off load or break tackles.

Bob

Juniors
Tolman is not that bad. He averages over 136 metres per game. Twice this season he has hit over 200 metres per game. Nearly 94% tackle efficiently.
My only criticism of him is that he has no power stats. He doesn't off load or break tackles.
Also has a brain fart in him, like taking a quick tap when 5m out and 2 points behind in the 79th minute of a game, like I said I’d rather have Olly Clark or even Kaide Ellis back as the interchange prop, they are both off contract but that’s just my personal preference

John Hamblin

Juniors

I have been bagging him for the last 2/3 seasons similar to Sharon Woods SLOW and passed his best. If we need another middle Peni Terepo he is a beast!!!

Original Name

Juniors
Don't look at stats and just watch him play. Our team is currently getting so many quick play the balls. That would die with Tolman in the team. He hardly ever gets them because he lacks leg speed and agility of a guy like Tamou.
I have been bagging him for the last 2/3 seasons similar to Sharon Woods SLOW and passed his best. If we need another middle Peni Terepo he is a beast!!!
Aaron Woods always runs like he's cat and that attitude shows on the field with poor defensive efforts and general lazy play. Tolman's the opposite. Puts in 100% but he's just past his best. You can only be one of the busiest workhorses in the game for so long before it takes a toll on your body unless you have the natural size, speed and agility of someone like RCG or Papali.

Something we need to keep an eye on JFH for. That work he's doing as one of the smallest props in Rugby League will take its toll eventually.

Hooked

Juniors
Don't look at stats and just watch him play. Our team is currently getting so many quick play the balls. That would die with Tolman in the team. He hardly ever gets them because he lacks leg speed and agility of a guy like Tamou.

Aaron Woods always runs like he's cat and that attitude shows on the field with poor defensive efforts and general lazy play. Tolman's the opposite. Puts in 100% but he's just past his best. You can only be one of the busiest workhorses in the game for so long before it takes a toll on your body unless you have the natural size, speed and agility of someone like RCG or Papali.

Something we need to keep an eye on JFH for. That work he's doing as one of the smallest props in Rugby League will take its toll eventually.

Good valid points.

Abacus

Juniors
Ofahengaue reportrdly being pushed out by the Broncos. Would be a reasonable buy at say $350k with Brisbane chipping in for 2021 & 2022. Change his game to run & tackle hard off the bench.

Tigers apparently trying for Tamou.

murraymob

Coach
Perhaps we keep some money in reserve.we don’t have go out and buy a buddy just to say we have bought someone.Promote a junior and wait for the right fit player

BxTom

Bench
Ofahengaue reportrdly being pushed out by the Broncos. Would be a reasonable buy at say $350k with Brisbane chipping in for 2021 & 2022. Change his game to run & tackle hard off the bench.

Tigers apparently trying for Tamou.
Be funny if Tigers think they have Tamou all but signed and Tamou re-signs with us at the last minute!

Status
Not open for further replies.