What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morris Twins - Less than $300,000 a season

Walpole

Juniors
If they really only are on that type of money it's because they want to win a comp. You'd need to pay them about 800 each to play for us.

This Just In...

Juniors
They are only on that kind of money for book-keeping purposes.
They are probably on close to 800K but the other 500K comes in other forms off the books.
Money is power.

While I'm usually sceptical about any moves the Roosters make (and there is still room for doubt here), the decision by the twins to sign with the chooks strikes me as one of the more credible ones.

Both at the tail end of their careers (despite strong form), playing with a side that's almost guaranteed to be top 4 and certain to go deep into the finals...

They get to play together, they're a chance of winning the Premiership. Sure they could earn more elsewhere, but given the advantages, so long as they're earning a quarter of a million or more... why not?

It'd still be far more than what they'll earn in their first years of retirement.

Crush

Coach
While I'm usually sceptical about any moves the Roosters make (and there is still room for doubt here), the decision by the twins to sign with the chooks strikes me as one of the more credible ones.

Both at the tail end of their careers (despite strong form), playing with a side that's almost guaranteed to be top 4 and certain to go deep into the finals...

They get to play together, they're a chance of winning the Premiership. Sure they could earn more elsewhere, but given the advantages, so long as they're earning a quarter of a million or more... why not?

It'd still be far more than what they'll earn in their first years of retirement.
Thats exactly what the Roosters want you to think, that they are playing for unders to play together at a great club.
Im calling BS.
They'd be getting plenty!

This Just In...

Juniors
Thats exactly what the Roosters want you to think, that they are playing for unders to play together at a great club.
Im calling BS.
They'd be getting plenty!

Maybe they are, but as I say... it's credible to me if they're earning modestly compared to what they might command elsewhere.

Now if someone comes out and states they're on the minimum wage for a first grader, I'm happy to call BS.

But I would be far more interested to hear what Keary re-signed for?

I may have missed it, but there didn't appear to be a figure attached the articles I saw about it?

Because if ever there was a player who should be on premium coin, it's him.

In McMuppet terms, I'd sell our 7 who can 9 and our 6 for him... and use much of what they get to do it (unfortunately I don't imagine anyone wants them).

Belta

Juniors
Maybe they are, but as I say... it's credible to me if they're earning modestly compared to what they might command elsewhere.

Now if someone comes out and states they're on the minimum wage for a first grader, I'm happy to call BS.

I may have missed it, but there didn't appear to be a figure attached the articles I saw about it?

In McMuppet terms, I'd sell our 7 who can 9 and our 6 for him... and use much of what they get to do it (unfortunately I don't imagine anyone wants them).

Keary like all Roosters recruits was a proven winner, having played in 2 winning grand finals before entering the chook pen, they knew what they were getting, not unlike Cronk, Crichton, Tedesco etc etc etc. (Tedesco being a tigers icon is almost a forgotten and now tainted memory) None of us can say for certain but I believe very few players these days are like Nightingale and remain loyal, they chase cash. Many others reasons are advertised (unless it’s a lesser club ie like Hunts well advertised salary) but I believe players chase and receive cash. I believe honourable players of Nightingales ilk were cut from a different stone.

redVinme

Juniors

850k or there abouts for keary I believe. Roosters already wrote the narrative saying he was staying for unders because he loves the club. Why would anyone ever question that lol there it is for all to see! Must be true right?

This Just In...

Juniors
Keary like all Roosters recruits was a proven winner...

Absolutely... and if memory serves me correctly (and the stories were accurate) we tried to low ball him by offering a "massive" 400k a year when it was clear he would leave Souths.

Little more than 12 months later and we're offering Hunt the world.

I know which one I'd rather we signed...

This Just In...

Juniors
850k or there abouts for keary I believe. Roosters already wrote the narrative saying he was staying for unders because he loves the club. Why would anyone ever question that lol there it is for all to see! Must be true right?

Well, credit where credits due... I wouldn't have put it passed them to say 750k lol...

St Tangles

Bench
Absolutely... and if memory serves me correctly (and the stories were accurate) we tried to low ball him by offering a "massive" 400k a year when it was clear he would leave Souths.

Little more than 12 months later and we're offering Hunt the world.

I know which one I'd rather we signed...
Not true we offered 600k which was good money at the time and alot more than he was on at South's

He went to the chooks for. around 500k on the books

possm

Coach
Keary like all Roosters recruits was a proven winner, having played in 2 winning grand finals before entering the chook pen, they knew what they were getting, not unlike Cronk, Crichton, Tedesco etc etc etc. (Tedesco being a tigers icon is almost a forgotten and now tainted memory) None of us can say for certain but I believe very few players these days are like Nightingale and remain loyal, they chase cash. Many others reasons are advertised (unless it’s a lesser club ie like Hunts well advertised salary) but I believe players chase and receive cash. I believe honourable players of Nightingales ilk were cut from a different stone.
There needs to be a pay scale developed that takes into consideration all the factors that make a player desirable. Unfortunately Clubs cannot be trusted when it comes to the salary cap so, I'd like to see the NRL be the body to contract players and players then be rented to clubs. The NRL can then implement a pay scale that reflects the worth of players via a criteria.

Clubs could be given a rental cap. Clubs could hand back players to the NRL if the player sustains a long term injury or is involved in legal controversy. The NRL and player managers can then work together to obtain TPA for the benefit of players and the NRL.

possm

Coach
Don't want Morris bro to saint , its over let's stop this passion of ex players coming back , it blocks younger players coming through ..... Its a no from me ....
I agree! Now is the time to drop poor performing players and bring through those juniors who have dsplayed promise and who we have promoted/extended this year.

Latest posts