What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morris Twins - Less than $300,000 a season

True_Believer

Juniors
850k or there abouts for keary I believe. Roosters already wrote the narrative saying he was staying for unders because he loves the club. Why would anyone ever question that lol there it is for all to see! Must be true right?

Yep, this is what gets me. Why do they have to add any sort of justification? They do it for alot of their players. They signed for less because they love the club or they want to play together or they want a premiership etc. There's always an excuse. It just sounds suss.

True_Believer

Juniors
There needs to be a pay scale developed that takes into consideration all the factors that make a player desirable. Unfortunately Clubs cannot be trusted when it comes to the salary cap so, I'd like to see the NRL be the body to contract players and players then be rented to clubs. The NRL can then implement a pay scale that reflects the worth of players via a criteria.

Clubs could be given a rental cap. Clubs could hand back players to the NRL if the player sustains a long term injury or is involved in legal controversy. The NRL and player managers can then work together to obtain TPA for the benefit of players and the NRL.

Points system. Pay players what you want, but limit the players that can go to a club by points.

redVinme

Bench
Yep, this is what gets me. Why do they have to add any sort of justification? They do it for alot of their players. They signed for less because they love the club or they want to play together or they want a premiership etc. There's always an excuse. It just sounds suss.

Because the average fan will eat it up as fact...

St Tangles

Bench

Dragon David

First Grade
The Roosters won't win the grand final for two reasons.

1. A team having a score 50 points or more scored against them has never won the grand final.
2. The team that has Josh Morris in it will not win the grand final as he is a mocker.

Souths putting 60 points on the Roosters has ensured that the Roosters will not have a threepeat.

denis preston

First Grade
Thats exactly what the Roosters want you to think, that they are playing for unders to play together at a great club.
Im calling BS.
They'd be getting plenty!
Dont think so but we dont know what payments will come to them 10 years from now or job opportunities. I'm sure some in the media are just as skeptical as us but without a whistle-blower its difficult to come out & say without proof but If it walks like a duck, quaks like a duck ....

possm

Coach
The blunder of all blunders was letting Jason Demetriou go and giving the job to Mary. We would have been so much higher on the ladder for several years under Jason. A big blunder.
JD and Holbrook both let go. Holbrook is proving to be a great buy for the Titans and I imagine that JD will certainly be ready to take over from Bennett at Souths. Protecting the failed McGregor costed the Dragons big time.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
JD and Holbrook both let go. Holbrook is proving to be a great buy for the Titans and I imagine that JD will certainly be ready to take over from Bennett at Souths. Protecting the failed McGregor costed the Dragons big time.

Totally convinced by Holbrook- not so sure about JD- time will tell.

Latest posts