What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WA Tiger

Bench
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ma...club-s-problems-run-deep-20200901-p55r8v.html

This article is interesting especially if it is on the money. I think the club should stick with the coach mainly because I think he has a better ability to mange the salary than Cleary did.

I don't believe the Tigers non-performance is a coaching issue. I think it's a talent issue.
Yea see,the players hung out to dry in the media last week.. Usually with any club, if there’s communication problems it becomes a Madge free zone eventually... .
..I guessed that Madge and Benji were really tight before Benji was dropped and then that all just stopped..I knew that rocked them both just ending that. Benji being Madges right hand man. Madge would have taken solace from having Benji passing info to the players and Benji was in on all the business meetings.....Benji looked a lot different after that, in interviews after he got dropped..Prob Madge too although how could you read him.I think I noticed that they didn’t talk much after that

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
There is no need for any overreaction. Listen to the guys who fronted the media today. We can build around players like that.

axl rose

Bench
There is no need for any overreaction. Listen to the guys who fronted the media today. We can build around players like that.

Lowlives on NRL 360 have nothing better to do. They are the male equivalent of gossip shows like The View. A 35 year old gets tapped on the shoulder. Wow massive story. I think Blocker played till 28, Junior quit at 30. He had a good run, the end.

KennySterling

Juniors
Lowlives on NRL 360 have nothing better to do. They are the male equivalent of gossip shows like The View. A 35 year old gets tapped on the shoulder. Wow massive story. I think Blocker played till 28, Junior quit at 30. He had a good run, the end.

He did have a good run but Benji was a class act on that show tonight.
The English SL will surely be calling and he can bow out with the GF win there he deserves.

Choiboi

Juniors
Kotoni Staggs, Xavier Coates and Thomas Fletcher have all allowed to speak with rival clubs from November 1, while David Fifita, Jack Bird and Darius Boyd are all set to depart Red Hill.

f**k, I'd take Katoeni! Kicker, great try scorer and young. Maybe broncs can chip in some of his salary too :)

Tigerm

First Grade
They are just Benji’s press mates from Fox. I don’t think Benji is feeding them the shit they are spruiking, it’s just something to jump on that’s all.
I guess it sells news papers or whatever they sell these days.

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Some of the Herald's story was that players were not happy with Madge. If I was in charge I would be saying anyone has issues with the coach no problem we will release you from your contract immediately. Good licj in finding a club that will pay you what we are paying you. Infact good luck in finding a club that will have you in their first grade squad,

He was always going to leave or be pushed out. He knew this last year.

He’s played at other cubs and so forth, it’s the real world out there.

It’s a sobering message for the balance of the players to get their bloody acts together. No one is safe.

He’s been great, no regrets or unkindness.

The ship is sinking, we have to save it. A few players get thrown overboard so be it.

There’s at least 10 we need to cull.

I believe it’s time Benji moved on, he has been great for us ,but he can still be a liability especially in defence.
However I find it disappointing that a player of his standing found out about the clubs plans for his future in the paper, regardless if your a superstar or fringe player, management should have the decency to inform them of their plans to the unwanted players face, it’s called being professional and reflects poorly on the WT management and brand, at the least the WT management should release a statement clearing up how this situation unfolded and or apologise to Benji publicly, if not how do they think they are going to attract players to our club when they have virtually treated a legend like sh#t .

I believe it’s time Benji moved on, he has been great for us ,but he can still be a liability especially in defence.
However I find it disappointing that a player of his standing found out about the clubs plans for his future in the paper, regardless if your a superstar or fringe player, management should have the decency to inform them of their plans to the unwanted players face, it’s called being professional and reflects poorly on the WT management and brand, at the least the WT management should release a statement clearing up how this situation unfolded and or apologise to Benji publicly, if not how do they think they are going to attract players to our club when they have virtually treated a legend like sh#t .

He’s a legend but don’t forget he didn’t hesitate to leave us for money to play at other clubs for awhile.

He was told last year, he was getting one season only. He could take it or leave it.

When we had his big testimonial game last year, afterwards, the likes of mbye and rowdy came over to acknowledge us members and fans and we cheered them on. That says a lot about them as individuals. We made sure they knew that their gesture of respect was appreciated.

We waited for Benji, but he forgot all about us scum in the stands. We got cold and annoyed watching him turn his back and ignore us.

I think @sensesmaybenumbed was there that night as he wouldn’t catch up with me and the lads for a donut for some reason. Anyway, hopefully he hung around cheering for benji like we did, despite him ignoring us.

So let’s not get too carried away!

Also, it sends a telling message to the other players, you can be golden boy and all that but for once we are ready to take you out the back and give you what for if you don’t perform.

It’s a symbolic gesture and one we desperately need to make the point.

I would have been just as brutal if it was mbye or renno. Nothing personal about Benji, but he happened to be on the road when we hit him.

We’ve given him fortune and fame so he should stop this “ me too” stuff and ask what he can do for us. Pay for the privilege like us.

No more brothel mentality at Tigers. I’m sick of players taking us for granted.

Last edited:
The players confronted Madge to express their displeasure at the chance of them being benched the following week.

Well deary me.

Since when was team selected by democratic vote and on the basis of an aversion to hurt feelings?

And why is it that nofo, whose been having a bloody red hot go all year, is the only player to stand up for Madge?

Some of these bludging cretins need to understand that if Madge loses the change room, it’s the change room that will be sacked. Wholesale if necessary.

They can ask Benji if I am wrong.

If they had a go, they’d never lose their spot. Not rocket science. Do they want a 30 day eviction notice- as charlatan said. He’s right.

Madge is a coach, not a f**king counsellor.

You blokes stfu and do what you’re told. Don’t like it, be on your way. Take your overpriced contract with you. Tell your greedy agent we are going to sue his ass about lying to us about your ability and attitude.

FMD clubs a mess as usual...never a dull moment.

Bloody 9th is a pipe dream at the moment. No one can tell me we had a better squad last year.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'm totally on the players side. I too know what it feels like to be stepping on egg shells at work. Just last week my mate got fired for punching bongs in the car park before a shift, and I was warned that if I was more than 30 minutes late again I too would be out the door. Before everyone goes "you shouldn't be that late etc etc", I've always been 30-45 mins late for a shift and was never fired. It's just this new boss that's come in and is a complete tight arse about "professional standards" or whatever the f**k.

As is said, completely empathise with the players lol

Last edited:
Guys it’s a generation of self entertainment, which probably stems back to political correct BS ,where every kid in a sporting team is told they are great and gets are trophy :trophy: regardless of our good or bad they actually are.:joy:

Paper talk or not, they are a confusing mob the Tigers, they thing is, they are 'our' confusing mob.
Tigers to sacrifice $100,000 to give Benji Marshall a Leichhardt farewell

Wests Tigers are willing to sacrifice close to $100,000 to pay tribute to Benji Marshall by moving their final game of the season from Bankwest Stadium to provide the departing five-eighth with a Leichhardt Oval farewell.

The NRL will lock in the venues for the final two rounds of the season on Monday, with the Tigers scheduled to play their home game against Parramatta in round 20 at Bankwest Stadium.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ti...ll-a-leichhardt-farewell-20200902-p55rrh.html

I think the beauty of this is the fact that the tigers can give Mitch Moses the farewell he deserves from Leichhardt, by the Tigers humiliating him at Leichhardt.

Tigerm

First Grade
Paper talk or not, they are a confusing mob the Tigers, they thing is, they are 'our' confusing mob.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ti...ll-a-leichhardt-farewell-20200902-p55rrh.html

I think the beauty of this is the fact that the tigers can give Mitch Moses the farewell he deserves from Leichhardt, by the Tigers humiliating him at Leichhardt.
I am not sure we will get any game advantage from it, but I think sending Benji & Chris off at LO is a good thing, because they both started there.

Latest posts