What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

True_Believer

Juniors
Even if we completely set aside his politics, even just from a potential negative PR standpoint he's not worth the trouble.

Right now this is going on in the background as nobody in much of the fanbase or mainstream media has caught onto some of this stuff. But just imagine these being obtained and publicised during indigenous round or WIL round, it would be a PR nightmare for the club, and whether you agree with his "politics" or not, this WILL have a measurably negative effect on the Dragons as a club be it from members or potential players who won't want to play under him.

Surely he's not this stupid though.

Paddles

Juniors
Yep. There'd be more than a few witholding membership and support if the club appoints someone willing to publicly stand behind the racism, conspiracy theories and general craziness attached to that account. I know the board is a basket case, but Webb seems a bit more savvy than that.

And beyond the PR and/or ethical questions, a fellow who sets up an account like that while touting for a high profile $1/2m job probably ain't really up to it.

white boy recruitment policy here we come ;) !!

At least Mary picked the side on a wholly mateship basis.

He cared not for colour, religion, gender or in some cases, species.

I had to laugh when he said he’d had enough of the selection panel. All the games you’ve won this year went through the f**king panel.

Plus is was the excuses of excuses, which of course, he munched into on his way out!

If hook doesn’t believe in co-vid, he’s a shoe in for coach. Still, he could sign up one of his alien mate lizard creatures to play. Otherwise known as Moses Mbye. We will pay half his salary too.

Brutalitops

Juniors
At least Mary picked the side on a wholly mateship basis.

He cared not for colour, religion, gender or in some cases, species.

I had to laugh when he said he’d had enough of the selection panel. All the games you’ve won this year went through the f**king panel.

Plus is was the excuses of excuses, which of course, he munched into on his way out!

If hook doesn’t believe in co-vid, he’s a shoe in for coach. Still, he could sign up one of his alien mate lizard creatures to play. Otherwise known as Moses Mbye. We will pay half his salary too.
I mean it when I say another 12 months of a shit coach who deflects in Mary with an eye for a 2021 big name would be he preferable to a 2-3 year contract for someone with the character of Hook.

I mean it when I say another 12 months of a shit coach who deflects in Mary with an eye for a 2021 big name would be he preferable to a 2-3 year contract for someone with the character of Hook.

Yeah, that’s ok, read again, I’m taking the piss out of hook.

On the basis of his alleged extremism.

If he’s all average joe in beliefs after all, then I retract it.

He might make a substitute at the last minute on game day and blame “ fake news” on Tuesday selection lists.

He can have his views whatever and I can make fun of them. Same with transpecies and greenies folk.

Last edited:

be55

Juniors
Bloody hell I hope this isn't him!

Constant likes and retweeting of the likes of Donald Trump, Andrew Bolt, Pauline Hanson, Mark Latham, Alan Jones, Sky News Aus, it really goes on.

Seems to me like he should be coaching the Sharks
I don't know much about twitter...i don't waste my time with that shit. My instant thought is that their is no way that this could be him and it is someone impersonating him if you can do that, but what does worry me is that he has a job at 2GB and generally they won't let you in the front door unless you are a right wing ,flat earth,neanderthal so maybe this is him.If it is,then in my books,that takes him from a maybe for the job,to a big fat NO.We don't need another prehistoric dinosaur in charge of anything at the club,we have enough of them already.

Brutalitops

Juniors
I don't know much about twitter...i don't waste my time with that shit. My instant thought is that their is no way that this could be him and it is someone impersonating him if you can do that, but what does worry me is that he has a job at 2GB and generally they won't let you in the front door unless you are a right wing ,flat earth,neanderthal so maybe this is him.If it is,then in my books,that takes him from a maybe for the job,to a big fat NO.We don't need another prehistoric dinosaur in charge of anything at the club,we have enough of them already.
After looking at it more closely, it seems as though it is indeed him. Full of official links to his website and the same account which is tagged by radio programs he appears on.

After looking at it more closely, it seems as though it is indeed him. Full of official links to his website and the same account which is tagged by radio programs he appears on.

Well it’s an understable concern unless one is willing to put this aside and look to his coaching.

As a general observation, the league is generally willing to forgive.

Matt lodge
Corey Norman
Tyrone May
The two bulldogs
Young Cleary ( although his case was politicised, so it was right result).
Russell Packer
Etc

But that’s fallen on deaf ears with the JDB thing, who I think should have been allowed to play.

I would have preferred Barbra to hit a full time rehab for 12 months and then see if he can get his demons under a control.

Not for his league career, but something good for his wife and kids etc and the rest of his life. More important than footy.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
@Brutalitops are you seriously advocating to discriminate against a candidate for a job based on some posts they've liked/retweeted on twitter?

Do you understand that discriminating against someone based on their political beliefs is treated the same as it would based on gender, race and religion?

Out of the 3 names being tossed around being interviewed (Young, Furner and Griffin) he would appear by far and away to be the most qualified candidate for the job, so can you give a reason based on the job requirements where Griffin is less qualified than Young or Furner?

If Griffin were running for PM or your local member, then you're entitled to use this information to not vote for him as we live in a Democracy, thank god. However this is a man applying privately for a job and his application for this position, like every candidate's, deserves to be judged fairly based on merit and suitability for the position.

Does Griffin or anyone you disagree with politically deserve to miss out on jobs they need as a means to make a living and provide for their families?

Most importantly, I didn't realise you were the arbiter of what is and what isn't the correct political philosophy to follow in this world? Griffin's political opinion is worth just as much as yours or my own and that is ONE vote.

Supporting or being a political conservative is not a crime and definitely should not be the basis for deciding who is and who isn't fit for a job.

The man has coached the Tongan team FFS, how could he do that if he is a blatant racist as you've insinuated?

Let's not judge this man based on his personal belief system, let's judge him on his ability to coach and get results from our team.

Brutalitops

Juniors
@Brutalitops are you seriously advocating to discriminate against a candidate for a job based on some posts they've liked/retweeted on twitter?

Do you understand that discriminating against someone based on their political beliefs is treated the same as it would based on gender, race and religion?

Out of the 3 names being tossed around being interviewed (Young, Furner and Griffin) he would appear by far and away to be the most qualified candidate for the job, so can you give a reason based on the job requirements where Griffin is less qualified than Young or Furner?

If Griffin were running for PM or your local member, then you're entitled to use this information to not vote for him as we live in a Democracy, thank god. However this is a man applying privately for a job and his application for this position, like every candidate's, deserves to be judged fairly based on merit and suitability for the position.

Does Griffin or anyone you disagree with politically deserve to miss out on jobs they need as a means to make a living and provide for their families?

Most importantly, I didn't realise you were the arbiter of what is and what isn't the correct political philosophy to follow in this world? Griffin's political opinion is worth just as much as yours or my own and that is ONE vote.

Supporting or being a political conservative is not a crime and definitely should not be the basis for deciding who is and who isn't fit for a job.

The man has coached the Tongan team FFS, how could he do that if he is a blatant racist as you've insinuated?

Let's not judge this man based on his personal belief system, let's judge him on his ability to coach and get results from our team.
I'll allow you some time to read over my posts to pinpoint my usual thoughts on one's politics in the face of their employment position. It's pretty early on in the piece!

A quick summary is that I am not against ones politics in an irrelevant work setting and never have been, with the only exception to this rule being when said aspects are likely to impact the position itself or the company they are representing.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Who says the other candidates don’t have similar opinions ?

but maybe smart enough to keep them private
I would say they represent less of a potential PR storm for the club in that case so a better option by default. I'd rather not go through what Channel Nine had to go through with Sam Newman, who is almost like for like in terms of social media profile content

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I'll allow you some time to read over my posts to pinpoint my usual thoughts on one's politics in the face of their employment position. It's pretty early on in the piece!

A quick summary is that I am not against ones politics in an irrelevant work setting and never have been, with the only exception to this rule being when said aspects are likely to impact the position itself or the company they are representing.

My view is politics is irrelevant in all work settings, even poltics itself!

You've stated Griffin's character must be poor as a result of his twitter activity, how is that a good judgement? Call me crazy, but I believe the best way to determine one's character is through their actions.

Again liking posts on twitter is no reflection on one's character or ability to perform in a job.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I would say they represent less of a potential PR storm for the club in that case so a better option by default. I'd rather not go through what Channel Nine had to go through with Sam Newman, who is almost like for like in terms of social media profile content

Surely you can see the difference between the two? Newman has a long history of ACTIONS that led to his ultimate demise, Griffin has liked/retweeted articles that yourself and others may/may not agree with personally.