What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxlegend99

Referee
Be funny if Tigers think they have Tamou all but signed and Tamou re-signs with us at the last minute!
Nah. I want to see them give him a 4 year $500k+ deal and for him to just plod along into retirement.

They would blame us for that aswell. Madge has done what they hated Ivan for doing. Paying overs for duds or signing shit players.

Bj Leilua. Robert Jennings. Adam Doeuhi. Honestly all done less for the club than Mbye, Reynolds and Packer did under Ivan. His recruits played well for him. They were never worth what they paid them. But no one wanted to join them.

We had to do the same when we signed the likes of Sika Manu, Jamal Idris, Jamie Soward etc.

Struggling clubs have no choice to either pay overs for solid players that fix issues or to hope they can develop them on their own. Knights had to do it to rebuild recently. Souths had to do it all those years ago with guys like Asotasi.

Jane Murray

Bench
Nah. I want to see them give him a 4 year $500k+ deal and for him to just plod along into retirement.

They would blame us for that aswell. Madge has done what they hated Ivan for doing. Paying overs for duds or signing shit players.

Bj Leilua. Robert Jennings. Adam Doeuhi. Honestly all done less for the club than Mbye, Reynolds and Packer did under Ivan. His recruits played well for him. They were never worth what they paid them. But no one wanted to join them.

We had to do the same when we signed the likes of Sika Manu, Jamal Idris, Jamie Soward etc.

Struggling clubs have no choice to either pay overs for solid players that fix issues or to hope they can develop them on their own. Knights had to do it to rebuild recently. Souths had to do it all those years ago with guys like Asotasi.

Remember, mxlegend99, the Tigers supporters believes Madge is their God, he does nothing wrong.

Comes down to what cap is available...
$350k may get you an effective benchie that could step up to start some games. It won't get you Tamou.

As much as I’d like to keep Tamou, I couldn’t pay him more than 400k per for 2 years. And even then we probably have to shed Whare & Hetherington to make it happen.

If Tamou leaves I think Leota is ready to step up and start.

Panfa

Juniors
We have 5 front rowers for next season already fisher tetevano leota leniu hetherington we just need a bargain buy.Tamou turning his back into the defence and losing leg speed indicates his best days are behind him.With the talent we have coming through in the backrow we could even use kikau as a middle forward if need be.

We have 5 front rowers for next season already fisher tetevano leota leniu hetherington we just need a bargain buy.Tamou turning his back into the defence and losing leg speed indicates his best days are behind him.With the talent we have coming through in the backrow we could even use kikau as a middle forward if need be.

It’d be a crying shame to move Kikau anytime soon. He’s so valuable in attack out wide.

Also I’m not convinced Hetherington is the man for us. In the past we’ve had big problems with discipline, I don’t want to see us return to those ways.

Kilkenny

Coach
It’d be a crying shame to move Kikau anytime soon. He’s so valuable in attack out wide.

Also I’m not convinced Hetherington is the man for us. In the past we’ve had big problems with discipline, I don’t want to see us return to those ways.

I think Jack can deliver what Tamou delivers. He is younger and probably can play bigger minutes. I understand the question mark over his discipline but he is a talent, he really is. The issue with Jack is he is only contracted until end of next season and he if you believe the press is on big money already ie $400k. So if we let Tamou go and keep Jack the merry go round will be the same this time next season.

I’m glad Matt Cameron has the job to sort out all these issues. It is not going to be easy although having said that the club is probably all over it and know exactly which way we are going to go.

I think Jack can deliver what Tamou delivers. He is younger and probably can play bigger minutes. I understand the question mark over his discipline but he is a talent, he really is. The issue with Jack is he is only contracted until end of next season and he if you believe the press is on big money already ie $400k. So if we let Tamou go and keep Jack the merry go round will be the same this time next season.

I’m glad Matt Cameron has the job to sort out all these issues. It is not going to be easy although having said that the club is probably all over it and know exactly which way we are going to go.

There’s no doubting his talent, but he’s been a loose unit through all the grades. There’s a reason he was sixth in our prop rotation.

I’d gladly let him walk if it means retaining Tamou’s leadership.

betcats

Referee
Tamou is looking for the biggest deal he can get, I’d love to keep him around but he can and will very likely get more money from another club and that is probably in our best interest. By November next year I’m pretty sure we will have JFH and Kikau(amongst others) able to negotiate with other clubs

WestyLife

First Grade
Tamou is looking for the biggest deal he can get, I’d love to keep him around but he can and will very likely get more money from another club and that is probably in our best interest. By November next year I’m pretty sure we will have JFH and Kikau(amongst others) able to negotiate with other clubs

Pretty much and he's earned the right to get a retirement fund contract to finish his career.

maple_69

Bench
Surely Hethro isn’t on $400? If so I’d be absolutely be fine to release him in order to top up an offer to Tamou for 2 years rather than keep him and grab a replacement leave bench prop. We’ve got a team capable of winning multiple premierships with a pipeline of guys that we should trust to replace anyone not named Cleary, Kikau and Api. I’d rather go for the glory over the next few years, lose a few talented juniors and reload when we need to.

franklin2323

Immortal

That is our issue and we offered Tamou only a 1 year deal. 2022 is the big re-signing season

Status
Not open for further replies.