What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT its a mad world and a messi world

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Lionel Messi today looks like he has signed for $620,000 per day

A nurse in Oz earns $75k pa

has the world gone f**king mad ?

really ?

One saves lives

one kicks goals

worlds apart in recognition and value to society

If this isnt a turning or warning sign for our society to re think what matters most ......... i dont what is !

https://www.foxsports.com.au/footba...e/news-story/66db9d86eed3741818916fb3c33d3e54

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

really ?

One saves lives

one kicks goals

If this isnt a turning or warning sign for our society to re think what matters most ......... i dont what is !

https://www.foxsports.com.au/footba...e/news-story/66db9d86eed3741818916fb3c33d3e54
If he reads this Ben Hunt wont feel so guilty tonight

Mjab

Juniors

really ?

One saves lives

one kicks goals

Fully agree
No sport star, celebrity , actor especially high $ ones truly derserve that crazy numbers

the kardashians , certain actors eg Johnny Depp , Tic tok Instagramers the list goes on and on should get this sort money for the shit that they do

others work there guts out for a better society , helping people etc and get paid shit
sadly I do think society has got this wrong but that’s just me And I have no solutions

apart from more Dragons footy :open_mouth:

Dragon David

First Grade
To me money paid to sporting guys whether it is football, league, tennis, baseball, basketball etc., etc., is way over the top. Prize money paid to winners in sports, golf, tennis you name it, is through the roof. In 50 years time guys will be earning billions a game the way things are heading. It is absolutely ridiculous and those workers who are busting their guts out to help others such as nurses, doctors, teachers etc should be recognised more than the greedy sports players in my opinion.

The olympics is costing a fortune to run and if any TV channel wants to show the events, they would have to pay a fortune which would mean the sponsors doing the same and the cost then passed onto us.

Just imagine, one day the tiddly winks champion earning a million dollars a tournament.

be55

Juniors
Fully agree
No sport star, celebrity , actor especially high $ ones truly derserve that crazy numbers

the kardashians , certain actors eg Johnny Depp , Tic tok Instagramers the list goes on and on should get this sort money for the shit that they do

others work there guts out for a better society , helping people etc and get paid shit
sadly I do think society has got this wrong but that’s just me And I have no solutions

Mate ,you mention the Kardashians, knowing that that air head Kim got paid 2 million dollars to do those stupid Uber eats commercials makes me want to put my foot through my television every time i see them...makes me sick...we as a society have lost the plot...

hazzbeen

Bench
Its all about money , and what the club gets out of it also anyway good luck to Messi , how will he go playing in the English league full time ? For me he is the best player there is at this time .... Can he play half back ? Probably could with our lot all he has to do is kick after 5 hit ups nothing else .....

The Badger

Juniors
Mate ,you mention the Kardashians, knowing that that air head Kim got paid 2 million dollars to do those stupid Uber eats commercials makes me want to put my foot through my television every time i see them...makes me sick...we as a society have lost the plot...
Fully agree

I wonder who sleeps most peacefully at night?I reckon the nurse .Money wont do it.Love ,compassion and service will.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Its all about money , and what the club gets out of it also anyway good luck to Messi , how will he go playing in the English league full time ? For me he is the best player there is at this time .... Can he play half back ? Probably could with our lot all he has to do is kick after 5 hit ups nothing else .....
Add him to the list as there a bit of a line up currently!

merahputih

Juniors
A bit of respect, please. The way American society is going K.K. could be the first female president in four years' time.

possm

Coach
In my opinion earning the money is not the problem, paying the correct amount of tax to fund essential services (nurses etc.) is the problem.

If everyone paid 15% tax on every dollar before that money hits their bank account, the federal government would have enough funds to ensure proper funding of essential services.

Other benefits to be realised are;
No tax returns required.
No tax deductions allowed.
Much less tax avoidance.
No requirement for such a large ATO.
Accounts to provide business and financial advice instead of tax avoidance advice.

Right now most people on a middle income and most companies are subject to a 30% tax rate. Big business and very wealthy individuals although subject to a much higher rate, are able to reduce their tax liability to less than 5%.

Mjab

Juniors
In my opinion earning the money is not the problem, paying the correct amount of tax to fund essential services (nurses etc.) is the problem.

If everyone paid 15% tax on every dollar before that money hits their bank account, the federal government would have enough funds to ensure proper funding of essential services.

No tax returns required.
Much less tax avoidance.
Accounts to provide business and financial advice instead of tax avoidance advice.

Right now most people on a middle income and most companies are subject to a 30% tax rate. Big business and very wealthy individuals although subject to a much higher rate, are able to reduce their tax liability to less than 5%.
Sort of agree in theory but no one can get it thru politically so pie in the sky Im afraid

merahputih

Juniors

No tax returns required.
Much less tax avoidance.

Makes me recall the "Joe (Bjelke Petersen) for Prime Minister" campaign in 1985 which pushed for a 25% flat tax for everybody. Joe lost the campaign. Flat tax favors the rich and hits the lower paid.