What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 Penrith V Brisvegas.

franklin2323

Immortal
No idea but it was with worse injuries than us. I'm more worried about the style of play than the score though.

We have the 2nd best attacking record though. Roosters are 1st you can't use one single game.

What about when they only scored 10 v Manly and we got 42?

maple_69

Bench
Incredibly forgettable game. We were never losing it but we never looked like doing anything interesting. Very weird how we just seem to put the movement away against below average teams and then dazzle against the decent teams.

JFH, Leota, Tetevano and Leniu were great. Leniu with 171m from 13 carries, all with venom. Kid is going to be special. Forwards and kicking game were on a completely different level to the Broncs.

Oh well 12 in a row. Onto the Eels.

mxlegend99

Referee
Mansour had a shocker tonight. Whole team was pretty average though. Never looked like losing. But never looked like blowing them off the park.

Need to lift to beat even an out of form Eels.

Jane Murray

Bench
Incredibly forgettable game. We were never losing it but we never looked like doing anything interesting. Very weird how we just seem to put the movement away against below average teams and then dazzle against the decent teams.

JFH, Leota, Tetevano and Leniu were great. Leniu with 171m from 13 carries, all with venom. Kid is going to be special. Forwards and kicking game were on a completely different level to the Broncs.

Unfortunately, Spencer will be dropped next week.

franklin2323

Immortal
I love Marto but gosh he gives away horrifically bad penalties that lead to tries. Recently he has mostly cut that shit out but it looks like it is back in his game again...

Yep and is the reason Capewell fit is huge means he can play less minutes

WestyLife

First Grade
We have the 2nd best attacking record though. Roosters are 1st you can't use one single game.

What about when they only scored 10 v Manly and we got 42?

I'm not making a commentary on 2020 just that game in isolation. It'll be a concern if it continues but I kind of doubt it.

The Realist

Juniors
Unpopular opinion:

Panthers have been outright horrible. Tonight made us look like the worst of the top 4.

I am with you on this. I have never seen a relatively comfortable 13 point win looks so bad.

The Broncos were very game, unhappy teams that loss their coaches often rebound the next week....but we looked horrible.

Cleary's passing and options through the hands were generally awful and honestly has been declining for a few games now. His kicking game is what is saving him and us. Without it - it's a 12 all game against the diabolical Broncos. And lets be honest here - the officials were extremely kind to us.

franklin2323

Immortal
I'm not making a commentary on 2020 just that game in isolation. It'll be a concern if it continues but I kind of doubt it.

Well then no point talking about it until it happens. Putting 50 on the garbage teams means nothing if we don't beat the good teams

ACTPanthers

Bench
To be fair the Broncos showed up in defence tonight (well, in stretches anyway). Add to that the 5 day turnaround, the difficulty of keeping this heightened level of intensity we’ve been playing at and you have a game where we’re not at our best. Unfortunate, but it is what it is.

Work needs to be done though, and I’m sure the staff will be all over those who had subpar games.

franklin2323

Immortal
To be fair the Broncos showed up in defence tonight (well, in stretches anyway). Add to that the 5 day turnaround, the difficulty of keeping this heightened level of intensity we’ve been playing at and you have a game where we’re not at our best. Unfortunate, but it is what it is.

Work needs to be done though, and I’m sure the staff will be all over those who had subpar games.

Yeah they just had a shot of the dressing room and it looked like a morgue. That is a good sign

WestyLife

First Grade
Well then no point talking about it until it happens. Putting 50 on the garbage teams means nothing if we don't beat the good teams

Well we're talking about it because it's the match thread. This particular game was subpar for the 2020 standard the team set for themselves. It's an anomaly so far and hopefully stays that way.

GoldCoastPather

Juniors

Coaching staff are paid to manage the team to be the best for the finals. Part of that is not showing all your moves. We managed the win and may end up with the major and minor Premiership. A win is always good. Enjoy

Fangs

Coach
Long travel, 5 day turn around. I can understand a sub-par performance.

Can't say I'm too worried. But Parra would get us with a repeat performance. We need to be better.

Latest posts