What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day v Knights

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
I reckon Chad will factor in the 3 2 1's. Seems like he lives for his footy. He now knows there are a couple of blokes that can replace him in a flash. The Chad will be creaming to get on the field tonight.

He might feature in the reverse 3-2-1’s

Version IV

Juniors
if 21 year old rookie Trindall has an identical game as 29 year premiership winning Townsend, then yes, I will call for Townsend to be moved on
Exactly Chad should be miles ahead of a player with 3 games experience, Chad is a 8/10 player per week says Cronk, I think that gets said because Chad last half to be on team that beat him in GF

MilkShark

First Grade
Exactly Chad should be miles ahead of a player with 3 games experience, Chad is a 8/10 player per week says Cronk, I think that gets said because Chad last half to be on team that beat him in GF
And this from coach Morris on re-signing Chad:

"It's fantastic news, he's such an important part of our club," Morris said. "No player in the NRL would be more consistent than Chad Townsend, on and off the field. He's the ultimate professional.''

Morris is a comedian

ghoti

Bench
if 21 year old rookie Trindall has an identical game as 29 year premiership winning Townsend, then yes, I will call for Townsend to be moved on

oh god IT BEGINS!!!!!!

the ONLY THING that matters is the performance each week. not imaginary fairyland potential 'he can only get better from here' nonsense, whatever gets delivered in-game each week is all that f**king matters. you don't get a bonus point cos a player scores on debut, and a good game doesnt get discounted cos whatshisname had an extra three years of NRL up his sleeve...

anyway, clearly time for me to log the f**k out for the arvo

MilkShark

First Grade
oh god IT BEGINS!!!!!!

the ONLY THING that matters is the performance each week. not imaginary fairyland potential 'he can only get better from here' nonsense, whatever gets delivered in-game each week is all that f**king matters. you don't get a bonus point cos a player scores on debut, and a good game doesnt get discounted cos whatshisname had an extra three years of NRL up his sleeve...

anyway, clearly time for me to log the f**k out for the arvo
I'd hope you would want a veteran 7 to put in a better performance than a rookie 7

bluefox68

Staff member
Here are my predictions for tonight...

Bubba will have a quiet game, as he’ll be overawed by Ponga’s spectre...

Ronaldo will score outside Ramien -they have a good combination.

Ramien will have a point to prove...

Dugan will hobble through...

Trindall will not play nearly as well, because he won’t have control of the game.

Chad will have a 4 out of 10 game, and Bomber will excuse him because he’s rusty’...

BHU - will be his usual self.

Brailey will continue his good form, but will be targeted.

Sharon will drop off a little from his best game ever last week.

Nikora will score off a Trindall pass.

Wado will take more of a play-making role on the left.

Sorro will start again, and make some tackles...

Bench:

Toby will attempt some offloads after reading this forum... And fail miserably...

Hunt will get more game time.

Talakai will come on after one of our centres gets injured, and dominate!

Tracey will get minimal minutes, as Bomber will persevere with Chaddie, even though ‘he’s a little rusty’...

fizman

Bench
I think we are in for a very tough night - beaten by 13+ points.
  • Referee Klein - Less than 37% winning ratio. (8-12 points)
  • Cronulla Errors - Always good for a couple of poor errors that lead to Try's (ie: Blake Brayley's knock on at the scrum in the last two minutes of the game. (8-12 points)
  • Newcastle - I have always maintained Newcastle are dreadfully over rated, but their performance last week was an abomination and they will come out tonight and play very well. They will set up one maybe two good Try's. (8-12 points)
  • John Morris - Will be very disappointed and the Boys will be hurting in the sheds. (0 points).
Newcastle - 3 (1-9)
Cronulla - 1 (1-9)

My predictions Ponga to reek havok, till he runs into Jesse, Josh , or Ronaldo and spends rest of game reflecting on lifes mysteries., Sharks forwards to comfortably contain fired up newcastle forwards and then dominate . Talakai to score double, Rudolph to get off the nudie run list,when he fails to offload to an open chad and barges over the line under the black dot.

Last edited:

R-15-3

Bench
I’m expecting us to have a blinder every game till the semis to start to get our hopes up. Then get smashed 50-0 first semi

Card Shark

Immortal
When it’s all said & done, we need chad to perform tonight.

That does not have to mean he’s flashy, he just needs to kick well & steer the ship...& get the result!!!!

carinashark

First Grade
Toby Talakai to have a blinder.
Hamlin Hunt to score two try’s under the black dot.
Chad to shrivel .
Tracy Trindall to set up players all night.
Kennedy to try and stop the Ponga.
Commentators to ride home the Knights and try to hide how much they lost on the game, cept the one who never gambles.

Card Shark

Immortal
  • Referee Klein - Less than 37% winning ratio. (8-12 points)
  • Cronulla Errors - Always good for a couple of poor errors that lead to Try's (ie: Blake Brayley's knock on at the scrum in the last two minutes of the game. (8-12 points)
  • Newcastle - I have always maintained Newcastle are dreadfully over rated, but their performance last week was an abomination and they will come out tonight and play very well. They will set up one maybe two good Try's. (8-12 points)
  • John Morris - Will be very disappointed and the Boys will be hurting in the sheds. (0 points).
Newcastle - 3 (1-9)
Cronulla - 1 (1-9)

Oh No!!

My prediction...we start slow & Klein gives us no favours thereafter.