What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Perth Tiger

Bench
Guys it’s a generation of self entertainment, which probably stems back to political correct BS ,where every kid in a sporting team is told they are great and gets are trophy :trophy: regardless of our good or bad they actually are.:joy:

What a load of garbage. So are we to assume that the roosters and storm are stocked with 50 and 60 year olds from the 'golden generation'.

Tiger05

First Grade
What a load of garbage. So are we to assume that the roosters and storm are stocked with 50 and 60 year olds from the 'golden generation'.

I agree. All this idea that the younger generation are soft is BS. I have two teenagers and they are both hard little merkins.

My kids don't get trophies for competing and myself and my wife are nowhere near as wealthy as our parents were so our kids get a lot less than what we did.

gordsy

Juniors
I find it hard to believe Benji had no part in that story being leaked about his manager calling the club etc etc. We should put in nda's for all contracts from now all, you or the manager talk (for players and board people) you are sacked immediately with no payout and exposed as being a dog. Leaks would dry up rather quickly methinks.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
I find it hard to believe Benji had no part in that story being leaked about his manager calling the club etc etc.

Who knows ? I'm not going to have a go at Benji because he has been great for us and the reality is we don't know who leaked that info. Nofo said it great that it was wrong to leak it.

I read on another forum that Benji and his manager probably caused this problem. They wanted another years contract and pushed it. Madge and the club consulted on it and let him know it's not happening the next day. Benji wants to play on and hence the drama. He could have done what Lawrence did and simply retired.

None of that means Benji leaked the players discussion to the media.

Tigerm

First Grade
Well, with Benji leaving $300k and Chris at $350k (?), plus I think I read we had something $300k and a few more to go, the war chest is looking good to secure a few good recruits.
For me, a quick back, a hard head forward & a GK would be first choices.

Should have made McQueen stay out his contract. Was happy to take the money when it worked for him, now asks the club to release him when it works for him. The club should have told him he should stay here and finish his 3 year gardening leave when it expired on 31st October.

Really are they thanking McQueen for his services or for f##k##g off ?
We have had some terrible buys at the WT, but ten games in three seasons says a lot about how good of a signing he was, thanks JT.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
The last laugh of Jason Failure.

Idris, Ballin and Mcqueen - the trifecta of worst signings in any club history

Haha. I often think about how things might have been different for our club had Taylor not been signed. I think his appointment cost the club a golden generation with Tedesco Woods, Moses and Brooks.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/sep/29/wests-tigers-appoint-jason-taylor-as-new-coach

The other contenders were not standouts and it would have been very early for Todd Payten. However, Payten is managed my Isaac Moses which might have made an impact.

Latest posts