What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Movements

WA Tiger

Bench
Ffs move on, you are grabbing snippets of information that may or may not be accurate (prob “may not”). None of know & rightly so what has happened, except they have told Benji he will not be resigned for next year.
I respect the guy, but he is 35yo and it’s time to retire. Would you prefer him do a Changa Langlands?
We have a shit load of options in the halves, who prob won’t do any worse than what we did this year. If some of the other big value contracts ended, they would prob be told the same thing.
Benji’s $300k will get us a good forward or a speedy back, something had to change. It was just his turn.

Benji wouldn’t bullshit on NRL 360 about what happened on Monday and how He found it out in the Monday morning newspaper and Madge couldn’t do the conversation telling Benji its over and telling Benji give me a day to see if I can sort it out and then Pascoe telling Benji Monday afternoon..word for word...Any coach will lose the trust of the team if he can’t talk to them and runs off and tells the CEO what he hasn’t got the balls to tell them ..Thats what’s happening now ..And it’s going to lead to his dismissal..
I’m glad Benjis leaving...It’s the coach Im talking about now. And he’s looking dodgy

Last edited:

Mario chalmers

Juniors
No not because of that, although he was the only bloke capable of creating any points scoring chances for you in that game, but because he won you a premiership which you wouldn't have won without him. And because it would show the players at your club that they aren't just commodities that can be thrown on the scrapheap. No other club would do this to a player of this stature. Even a minimum salary deal to play reserves would be better than just booting the bloke out when he doesn't want to leave.

And you wonder why decent players that you produce can't wait to get out of the joint.

I don't often agree with Rhyno, in fact this must be the first time.

Why is it assumed that Benji has a right to go out on his own terms? I'd have thought if he led us to the finals this season then he'd have a decent bargaining chip.

This is a club with a losing culture. We've not made the finals in 9 seasons. Something has to change.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Why is it assumed that Benji has a right to go out on his own terms? I'd have thought if he led us to the finals this season then he'd have a decent bargaining chip.

This is a club with a losing culture. We've not made the finals in 9 seasons. Something has to change.

Good post...many would be too young to remember but the Broncos did exactly the same to the King and future immortal Wally Lewis. There was an uproar for a few weeks but the Broncos went onto to bigger and better things. Players get old, they need to realise this. Like Benji, Lewis played on with another club, he pretty much made a fool of himself and proved the Broncos decision was right to get rid of him....I'd hate to see this happen to Benji at some other club.

Hang up the boots Benji....if you want to do us all a favour replace Anasta on Fox!!!!

WA Tiger

Bench
Benji wouldn’t bullshit on NRL 360 about what happened on Monday and how He found it out in the Monday morning newspaper and Madge couldn’t do the conversation telling Benji its over and telling Benji give me a day to see if I can sort it out and then Pascoe telling Benji Monday afternoon..word for word...Any coach will lose the trust of the team if he can’t talk to them and runs off and tells the CEO what he hasn’t got the balls to tell them ..Thats what’s happening now ..And it’s going to lead to his dismissal..
I’m glad Benjis leaving...It’s the coach Im talking about now. And he’s looking dodgy
That’s before looking at Madges inept judgement when recruiting players..
I thought that was an interesting comment how Cleary got the best out of Brooks giving him lots of encouragement and the odd cuddle (typical Pisces) etc but it worked Brookes was good back then. Not now
And this year as soon as Benji was dropped it all turned to shit...Im not saying we played worse when he was dropped but I just think the whole mood of the team changed when Madge went all funny after his “breakup “ with Benji and the results started to go south which prob made things worse.....Benji needs to leave ..Madge isnt the right coach for him..

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Benji is getting pushed out simply because nobody will take Reynold's contract. I'm 100% certain if we were able to offload Reynolds to ESL then we would have re-signed Benji on a pretty small contract.

Unfortunately, we will be stuck with Reynolds/Brooks as our first choice halves next year. There is no way around it, they have a contract with us and we are legally bound to continue paying them unless they decide to break it

Choiboi

Juniors
How big Russ going gents - is he worth another year or two at the Dragoon’s ?

Yeah huge metre eater, big time enforcer and a good mentor to the young front rowers..

...I wish

Other than that one big hit on Matterson, he has been next to useless...

Re big Russ, been thinking that perhaps management could have a word with the chairman about Brydens offering Russ a job.

Russ announces retirement, a win for Tigers.
Brydens, employ him and gets a guy with plenty of life experience, a guy studying law, with an MBA.
Or saints can have him back, a win for tigers as well.

Tiger05

First Grade
Why do I get the impression that your pulling my leg ? :thinking:

He has some really good moments but it's not what we need. If he played to his best regularly he'd be awesome but he doesn't do that for us. He has been injured at lot with us.