What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 Penrith V Brisvegas.

GoldCoastPather

Juniors
My thoughts were, while watching, that Nath and Api were a step ahead of everyone else including our team.

Nath drops it cold and Api leaves one behind. Easy fix.

I thought both teams played well. For us to win by 13 against a team we rarely play well against in Brisbane is good enough for me.
I have been a fan since day one and I couldn’t be prouder of the team. They clearly enjoy playing together and it shows in the results. It’s now time to get 100% behind them to help them go as far and as high as they can. Be forgiving when they slip up a bit as now their eyes are firmly on the prizes on offer!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

martielang

Bench
I understand you can't play well every game, so I'm not worried about the display.

My main issue was the game plan. Just seemed odd. Inside balls from Cleary (which they handled with ease) & a kick at the end. I can only assume we thought they were vulnerable up the middle but after the 65th minute of doing the same thing, gets a little predictable.

Even the way we used May last night seemed a little different.

At the end of the day we got the 2 points & we move onto the next. Leota, Tetevano, Lenui & Edwards were all excellent imo.

The_Frog

First Grade
My main issue was the game plan. Just seemed odd. Inside balls from Cleary (which they handled with ease) & a kick at the end. I can only assume we thought they were vulnerable up the middle but after the 65th minute of doing the same thing, gets a little predictable.
The Broncos were completely unable to make metres with the ball. I suspect the plan was to get in and get out with the two points, and that was never in doubt at any stage. Maybe it was expected the Broncos would collapse in the second half as has been their habit, but they didn't, and it didn't matter.

Jane Murray

Bench
I understand you can't play well every game, so I'm not worried about the display.

At the end of the day we got the 2 points & we move onto the next. Leota, Tetevano, Lenui & Edwards were all excellent imo.

Unfortunately, Spencer will be dropped against the Eels.

franklin2323

Immortal

Ivan didn't seem impressed at being to basic in attack. So I doubt it was the game plan

Fangs

Coach
It seemed obvious to me that a few players were put on notice last night. Only 17 positions available.

Leota v Leinu v Tetevano. Can't carry all three on the bench. Capewell also looked like he had a point to prove.

franklin2323

Immortal
It seemed obvious to me that a few players were put on notice last night. Only 17 positions available.

Leota v Leinu v Tetevano. Can't carry all three on the bench. Capewell also looked like he had a point to prove.

It is a good problem to have

MugaB

Coach

Yes you can, Ivan did it last night, besides if tigers get their way, Captain Tamou will ensure that will be case, 2021 reserve bench will be 14.MAY, 15.TETEVANO, 16.CAPEWELL,17.LENIU
With Moses, JFH and Yeo in as the starting middles

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Three Broncos charged by the MRC. Riki 1-2 weeks for the crusher on Cleary, Hopoate and Paix 0-1 for the spear tackle on JFH. I thought the tackle on JFH was the worse of the two, but crushers are the flavour of the month at the MRC.

Excellent. Did the spear tackle even get a penalty ?

Fangs

Coach
Yes you can, Ivan did it last night, besides if tigers get their way, Captain Tamou will ensure that will be case, 2021 reserve bench will be 14.MAY, 15.TETEVANO, 16.CAPEWELL,17.LENIU
With Moses, JFH and Yeo in as the starting middles

I'm referring to Yeo coming back. The starting side is locked. But I doubt Ivan would carry 3 middle forwards on the bench in his full strength 17. One of Leota/Tetevano/Leinu will be removed, more than likely the latter.

Jane Murray

Bench
Here is a great article about Spencer Leniu.

Attachments

• Screenshot 09_04_2020 06_10_22.png
    Screenshot 09_04_2020 06_10_22.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot 09_04_2020 06_09_23.png
    Screenshot 09_04_2020 06_09_23.png
    311.1 KB · Views: 16