What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Eels

waipiro

Juniors
Ale, Turner and Keighran to reserves is positive that they are fit to be considered.....wonder if there will be a few changes to the bench closer to kick off

JJ

Immortal
Katoa will be a big loss
yeah, but he's just been suspended and we went ok - Murchie has been playing well - the big losses at the moment would be the same as always, RTS, Harris, and to a lesser extent Kodi

waipiro

Juniors
I think his form has probably tapered off since his first injury

Bit quiet but still offers a lot
He draws a lot of defenders and runs some nice dummy lines to create space out wide too
Must have had 3-4 good offloads last game as well which creates opportunity

Big Marn

Juniors
Bit quiet but still offers a lot
He draws a lot of defenders and runs some nice dummy lines to create space out wide too
Must have had 3-4 good offloads last game as well which creates opportunity
Yes, that try to Jennings was made easier with his dummy run, gave Hayze an easy assist.

Blair

Coach
I don't want too many hard to take 'if only's' at the end of the season. I'd rather us miss the finals by three wins than one.

But let's win on Sunday though! We'll keep the season alive and think about how we feel at the end of it, at the end of it!

Big Marn

Juniors
I don't want too many hard to take 'if only's' at the end of the season. I'd rather us miss the finals by three wins than one.

But let's win on Sunday though! We'll keep the season alive and think about how we feel at the end of it, at the end of it!
Sorry Blair, we are the definitive "If Only" team.
If only we hadnt had that ineligible interchange on the field (when we were up plenty) and not been docked 2 points
If only we hadnt had that salary cap breach and had 4 points docked at the start of the season.
If only Shaun Johnson hadnt had that leg injury when we were on a roll.
If only we hadnt lost to the Titans 16-12.....

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Yip I have a sneaky suspicion that Titans game will really stuff us up. Aside from that, we've largely defied what I thought we would do this year, based on our circumstances

sup42

Juniors
Katoa has quietened down because he is no longer paired with Kodi.

I read that from another poster on the other forum and he is right.

Murchie is now enjoying some good ball from his half. We need Channel to take the line on and put Kotoa into the hole and all is well again.

Meth

Staff member
Looking forward to this game. Fathers Day. Good time for NZ. We're a chance, I suppose, despite our short roster.

Big Marn

Juniors
you have to wonder about some of the pros of being based in Australia this year.
The weathers better during the middle of winter, which means better use of training sessions.
And if they were at home this week, NZ fairweather league followers and the associated media would be hyping this game up etc. How many times in the past have the Warriors had a big buildup during the week only to fall on their faces.
Glad the players are away from all that noise tbh.

sup42

Juniors
We have to win every game. It is such an un NRL thing to do. But that is what we are lumped with.

In some ways if we lose, it will be a relief, a chance to sit back and enjoy the rest of the season from a..can we be good next year point of view.

sup42

Juniors
you have to wonder about some of the pros of being based in Australia this year.
The weathers better during the middle of winter, which means better use of training sessions.
And if they were at home this week, NZ fairweather league followers and the associated media would be hyping this game up etc. How many times in the past have the Warriors had a big buildup during the week only to fall on their faces.
Glad the players are away from all that noise tbh.
The bubble ball is everything.

I see Payten getting a lot of credit, but the truth is, this is a team completely under siege that has the advantage of outsiders joining them every other week who are playing for their lives.,.

It is a unique mix, and it works, next year will be the same.

Last edited: