What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Referees Making Up the Rules on the Spot Thread

Diesel

Coach
We had a player penalised for throwing a tackled players boot today. I don’t mind it to be honest.

I also wanted to give a wrap to Peter Gough. Good ref. And I was saying that when we were behind at HT
Back the day, I remember a Penrith player knocking on, getting pissed off and booting the ball towards the oppositions goal line from 70 metres out. The ref made them walk to the other end of the field to collect the ball and then penalised him for mouthing off.
Can’t remember who the ref was but seems like a Billy Harrigan thing to do

bileduct

Coach
Blatant miss by the refs and VR that one lol.
Really quite pathetic because it's a textbook open and shut case of an obstruction. Scott has not committed to any tackle, he's come up in the line in his position, held his ground, has an eye on the ball and the decoy runner just charges straight into him.

gerg

Juniors
Really quite pathetic because it's a textbook open and shut case of an obstruction. Scott has not committed to any tackle, he's come up in the line in his position, held his ground, has an eye on the ball and the decoy runner just charges straight into him.

From memory Ryan Sutton got penalised twice in one match (Souths) for a carbon copy of this.

Edit - I think one of them was even an 'inside shoulder' obstruction.

hrundi99

First Grade
From memory Ryan Sutton got penalised twice in one match (Souths) for a carbon copy of this.

Edit - I think one of them was even an 'inside shoulder' obstruction.
Yep re Sutton.

Hence the anger towards this miss.

Someguy

First Grade
‘It’s ok guys it was an accident’ Ashley Klien decides its play on after a Reynolds crusher tackle.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Klein had a fair shocker both ways

He missed two stone cold offsides and a lifting tackle

That's outside his new interpretation of the crusher

Volcom6685

Juniors
Ponga's rules.
You’ve always been allowed to run behind a player as long as they aren’t in the defensive line or impeding a player . You can’t catch a ball behind a player or run from one side of a player to the other . Pretty sure people who whinge about this need to learn the rules

no name

Coach
You’ve always been allowed to run behind a player as long as they aren’t in the defensive line or impeding a player . You can’t catch a ball behind a player or run from one side of a player to the other . Pretty sure people who whinge about this need to learn the rules
Ponga caught the ball on the inside of a lead runner, so there is that.

Latest posts