What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 17 vs Sea Eagles @ Lottoland

Who will win? Round 17: Sea Eagles v Wests Tigers

• Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
Great example of why these two teams are not playing finals, but I could enjoy the game for what it was.

It was lower quality wasn't it. Manly have several top line players but they just aren't a top team. Neither are we.

Pezz70

Juniors
He’d be better at Centrelink
Nah he’ll do well at 5/8, it’s where he belongs, good pair of hands and all his development has been in the halves. He was pretty good tonight at centre. I know it was against a side that aren’t up to
It at the moment but 7 tackle breaks, 2 tries, a line break 2 offloads and 5 from 6 at goal, not bad

Vic Mackey

Referee
Obviously happy with the win and fighting back like that but hard to get excited when we defend like that.

Also we really need to say something about the way we’ve been treated by the referees Over the past 8-10 weeks or so. Now I’m we suck and I’m not saying they cost us any games but I am sick to death of the pathetic double standards we cop. The 8-1 penalty count was ridiculous we need to look no further then the way the SAME referees ruled that BJ Leilua dropped the ball because he placed it before he got up to play it, then ruled a penalty against us when Taupau did the EXACT same thing. Look at the stats lately, 13-4 against last week, 8-1 tonight, 12-3 the other week against the eels, 5-1 against Souths. We haven’t had anything remotely like that in our favour at all this year. Madge needs to do something, referees will continue to punish us as they know nothing will ever be done about it.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Benji was pretty shite.

He was horrible, worst player on the field

Defence pathetic and what about early on, we’d defended 4 sets on our line, last tackle he goes for an intercept, knocks on for 6 more and manly score next play. Ennis said ‘ benji needed to do that’ ahh no it was 3 on 3 and if he just manned up to make the tackle we get the ball back.

we get back to 20-18, he kicks on the 3rd for no reason which goes 30m, Manly score next play

Then just terrible play/decisions in general. The last 10 mins he got out Of the way and let Brooks take over.

For a bloke who is filthy about not being offered a contract next year he sure proved the club right tonight

Some great passing tonight, the resilience was back, they played 80,

I’m proud of the way they crawled back into it and won.

A bit of self belief from the honesty session fall out this week.

WA Tiger

Bench
I think having Liddle and Grant both on the field made a difference. .I don’t know how they managed to do it

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
Some great passing tonight, the resilience was back, they played 80,

I’m proud of the way they crawled back into it and won.

A bit of self belief from the honesty session fall out this week.
I think we fans need to be honest here too. Watching the way the game panned out as well as the stats from the match, we got very lucky. We should have been well and truly put away in that first 40 minutes but for some reason, Des gave his two big money props who tore us a new asshole a lot of time off the field. It brought us back into it.

Front-Rower

First Grade
I think having Liddle and Grant both on the field made a difference. .I don’t know how they managed to do it

Liddle brings Brooks confidence up to the next level. The game, ironically, at Brookvale last year where Liddle got hurt was where you could really start to see the combination forming in the first 10 mins or so before Liddle went off.

Tigerm

First Grade
I think we fans need to be honest here too. Watching the way the game panned out as well as the stats from the match, we got very lucky. We should have been well and truly put away in that first 40 minutes but for some reason, Des gave his two big money props who tore us a new asshole a lot of time off the field. It brought us back into it.
Do agree a bit with this, but in the first half, we had very little ball. I think the commentators said after around first 10 mins we had to make 30-40 tackles to there 5 (something like that).
There big boppers were giving us hell in their first spell, but they weren't that noticeable in there second, but our defence at times is terrible, not sure whats happened, we were pretty good early in the season.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
I think Mbye deserves a wrap as well. Sure he has been average all season but he has had one poor game and more than a couple of good games. Average isn't shit like Benji, Brooks and Reynolds have all been at times.

I don't know what we do next season and it's going to be tough for Madge. Mbye has to slot into the team in a key position - the halves or fullback.

simmo05

Bench
He was horrible, worst player on the field

Defence pathetic and what about early on, we’d defended 4 sets on our line, last tackle he goes for an intercept, knocks on for 6 more and manly score next play. Ennis said ‘ benji needed to do that’ ahh no it was 3 on 3 and if he just manned up to make the tackle we get the ball back.

we get back to 20-18, he kicks on the 3rd for no reason which goes 30m, Manly score next play

Then just terrible play/decisions in general. The last 10 mins he got out Of the way and let Brooks take over.

For a bloke who is filthy about not being offered a contract next year he sure proved the club right tonight
Madge needs his head read. How this merkin keeps getting a game is beyond me.

WA Tiger

Bench
Liddle brings Brooks confidence up to the next level. The game, ironically, at Brookvale last year where Liddle got hurt was where you could really start to see the combination forming in the first 10 mins or so before Liddle went off.
Brooks switch was definitely flicked...And what a difference it made..I thought everyone was great..Luckily I don’t notice Benjis mistakes..He seemed to be involved with all the tries so that will do me ..Regardless of who could have, would have, should have those try’s were ridiculous good weren’t they. At the very top of quality..The level of skill and confidence required for Nofo to bend and put pressure on that bouncing ball from the Benji kick, on the run, with one hand, and little room to move was breathtaking.. Mbye (without having to mention Reynolds ) played great...It was hard to believe it was the same team in fact .Kapoia was great. He has got a good step on him and he used it well. He was like a baby Latrell and he should have played his second game earlier...But overall Brookes, what a difference he made. I knew it was in there somewhere and we needed it to play that well.AD prob really started earning some of that money and I didn’t see his lack of pace exposed, both of which is good

Last edited:

Front-Rower

First Grade
Madge needs his head read. How this merkin keeps getting a game is beyond me.

The 6 was reserve grade standard at best. That kick for the first try was way too big. Luckily we were playing at that bog Brookvale Oval where the ball just stopped when it hit the ground and Nofa never giving up the chase.

oh and that kick on the third tackle, well my beer mug nearly went through the screen.

WA Tiger

Bench
The 6 was reserve grade standard at best. That kick for the first try was way too big. Luckily we were playing at that bog Brookvale Oval where the ball just stopped when it hit the ground and Nofa never giving up the chase.

oh and that kick on the third tackle, well my beer mug nearly went through the screen.
Feel better?

WA Tiger

Bench
Brooks switch was definitely flicked...And what a difference it made..I thought everyone was great..Luckily I don’t notice Benjis mistakes..He seemed to be involved with all the tries so that will do me ..Regardless of who could have, would have, should have those try’s were ridiculous good weren’t they. At the very top of quality..The level of skill and confidence required for Nofo to bend and put pressure on that bouncing ball from the Benji kick, on the run, with one hand, and little room to move was breathtaking.. Mbye (without having to mention Reynolds ) played great...It was hard to believe it was the same team in fact .Kapoia was great. He has got a good step on him and he used it well. He was like a baby Latrell and he should have played his second game earlier...But overall Brookes, what a difference he made. I knew it was in there somewhere and we needed it to play that well.AD prob really started earning some of that money and I didn’t see his lack of pace exposed both of which is good
That’s - I didn’t see ADs lack of pace exposed - not skill

Last edited:
Keeping the ball alive without the fatal intercept was encouraging.

Decoys without the usual accompanying obstruction.

Side to side manoeuvre.

bjs rescue pass.

A pit of crowd vipers at Brookvale, which is the uncleaned urinal of nrl stadia. It’s a horrible trip out there and beneath most civilised fans of other clubs.

I like mbye at fullback. He looks ok with it.

Douhie under less acute pressure is working.

There were some bad things. Soft tries and that dummy half brain snap.

But we didn’t give up, that was the best part. If we had that attitude in more games...

As Madge says, it’s consistency. I hope his critics are looking to re evaluate their thoughts.

It was a good coaching effort.

Last edited:
Who would have thought goal kicking would win us a game?

I don't know what we should do with Joey Leilua. How long is he signed for? He looks extremely unfit even by his standards. Some of the stupid things he does on a regular basis defy belief.