What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd17: Parra v Warriors GAME DAY thread (6/9/20)

Gronk

Staff member
Young Haze must me close to a debut. It’s a perfect week IMO.

3E2717EC-245D-4506-86BC-D54C4717A7C3.jpeg

strider

Post Whore
agree a win is a must .... but I will take any amount ... the warriors are one of the better performing teams in the NRL of late .... they pushed your premiership panthers all the way a few weeks ago
warriors are 4 and 2 in the last 6 weeks ... with the 2 losses by only 6 and 8 to the 1st placed panthers and 3rd placed roosters

this won't be easy ..... although I should note they have lost 2 of the star players in that run, Gennings and Alvaro

Eelectrica

Referee
With our big loss and the Warriors big win last week hopefully we can turn up in attack?
Teams have figured out that our attack is really garbage so they can therefore attack with much more freedom. Even if they make a mistake it's not like we're going to be doing much of anything with it anyway.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Happy Father’s Day merkins. Let’s hope these muppets we follow pull their collective finger out and don’t ruin our day.

A special shout to @Eelementary on his first Father’s Day. May your sleep in be lengthy, your breakfast brought to the bedroom and your bounty be plentiful.

Thanks, mate!

We got through our first marathon two nights ago - little James was crying, and fussing, from 2pm, until 1am.

I will admit that it almost broke us - we didn't know what to do.

We happened to be at Baby Bunting yesterday, and one of the team who works there showed us how to properly wind our bub - turns out we haven't been winding him properly, all this time!

We owe her a debt of gratitude!

Happy Father's Day, brothers!

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
Well we certainly have plenty to play for. A win will likely see us finish in the Top 4, a loss will probably see us eventually finish outside of the Top 4.

Whatever the result today I'm not sure we will learn alot new about our chances come the end of the season.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
tenor.gif
tenor.gif

84 Baby

Referee
Well we certainly have plenty to play for. A win will likely see us finish in the Top 4, a loss will probably see us eventually finish outside of the Top 4.

Whatever the result today I'm not sure we will learn alot new about our chances come the end of the season.
And Warriors have nothing to play for?

emjaycee

Coach
Thanks, mate!

We got through our first marathon two nights ago - little James was crying, and fussing, from 2pm, until 1am.

We happened to be at Baby Bunting yesterday, and one of the team who works there showed us how to properly wind our bub - turns out we haven't been winding him properly, a this time!

Off topic for the game day thread but one thing I would say is not to stress about what you don't know as new parents... no one knew everything the first time. Grab all the advice that people throw your way and work out what works for James (and you guys). Every child and every parent is different and you will work it out like we all did. Just love them and listen to them, even at this age you can learn what different cries mean and you will. Enjoy the day mate.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Thanks, mate!

We happened to be at Baby Bunting yesterday, and one of the team who works there showed us how to properly wind our bub - turns out we haven't been winding him properly, all this time!

Wow! Easy fix eh? :rolleyes:
Ditto dude. Right back at ya.
Next time you cant get him to sleep show him some video of our Eels attacking in the opposition 20.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Off topic for the game day thread but one thing I would say is not to stress about what you don't know as new parents... no one knew everything the first time. Grab all the advice that people throw your way and work out what works for James (and you guys). Every child and every parent is different and you will work it out like we all did. Just love them and listen to them, even at this age you can learn what different cries mean and you will. Enjoy the day mate.

Thank you, mate!

The advice the lady at Baby Bunting gave us on how to wind him was a lifesaver - he is a big bub (born at 4.74kg, or 10.7 lbs), and he drinks like a horse, so he gets quite gassy!

We were winding him wrong, and he was getting stressed out - but now we know, and he is fussing less!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Thanks, mate!

Great stuff!!

good luck, the first 6 months is bloody tough.....still have nightmares with 2 of mine crying every night not knowing what’s wrong.

But it’s worth it ....my daughter wrote on her Father’s Day card today , “I hope the eels win and never get the wooden spoon again....”

hindy111

Post Whore
agree a win is a must .... but I will take any amount ... the warriors are one of the better performing teams in the NRL of late .... they pushed your premiership panthers all the way a few weeks ago

f**kn arent you meant to be Sunday driving