What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd17: Parra v Warriors GAME DAY thread (6/9/20)

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Field was very disappointing in that last try, he is our quickest player but basically gave up on the chase (he probably doesn’t stop it, but there was no effort, you never get up, Drown has stopped a few just with effort)

Eelogical

Referee
We took full advantage of the time they had 12 players on the field, which I'd hope for nothing less.

In reality we we're all over them and should've put them away earlier.

We've definitely let them back into it.

If we get beaten from here I can see us drifting away from the Top 4 contest. Not that I think there is alot of benefit for us finishing in the Top 4 besides playing 2 Finals.
Better to go out being beaten once rather than twice?

strider

Post Whore
Christ some of you merkins are sad sacks .... the warriors play some good footy to get back into it and the wrist slitting is on like donkey kong ...... ffs you would have all murdered Jack Gibson back in the 80s - we lost some games then too ffs

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Fair dinkum. We definitely need half time. What the heck happened in those last 10 minutes? Ive never been more frustrated in a long time

Kornstar

Coach
We took full advantage of the time they had 12 players on the field, which I'd hope for nothing less.

In reality we we're all over them and should've put them away earlier.

We've definitely let them back into it.

If we get beaten from here I can see us drifting away from the Top 4 contest. Not that I think there is alot of benefit for us finishing in the Top 4 besides playing 2 Finals.

If we lose today I wouldn’t be surprised if we lose all our remaining games.

Agreed. In fact at this point finishing 5th or 6th is the better option as we play at home and better chance of winning as i don't think we can beat anyone else who finishes top 4 at this stage.

Angry_eel

First Grade
I'm not apologising for the team but in the first warriors try, I felt there was a forward pass and the second try had another interpretation try by the ref.

Let's have faith. That's all we have.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
To fair, those 2 warriors try’s were f**ken lucky. Generally there is always an error (but marker defence for RTS break was terrible)

The key is to just stick to what we are doing and complete our sets, run straight/hard and minimal errors. Plus energy in our line speed.

Kornstar

Coach
Christ some of you merkins are sad sacks .... the warriors play some good footy to get back into it and the wrist slitting is on like donkey kong ...... ffs you would have all murdered Jack Gibson back in the 80s - we lost some games then too ffs

I think the biggest issue is that this a constant occurrence with this team, over a long period of time. It is standard for us to get to a good lead and then switch off for some unknown reason.

Eelogical

Referee
For me, the Warriors got the points in the first 40. They hung in there and threw some great footy at us. BA, the spotlight is on you....

TheParraboy

Staff member
Warriors play better in the second half, they are quite fit

we got a match on our hands

Chipmunk

Coach
I don't know why we wouldn't kick for goal there. We're the worse team from set situations in the comp.

Last edited: