What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd17: Parra v Warriors GAME DAY thread (6/9/20)

Chipmunk

Coach
Two points is two points, Warriors were a decent opposition in a bit of form.

Panthers I think will be a challenge too great for this mob next week, although we are the only team to have beaten the Panthers all year.

There's still too many deficiencies to rectify in too short a period of time before the Finals for mine.

TheParraboy

Staff member
We had 54% of the ball
86% completion (Warriors 76%)
Penalties Eels 8-3

Missed tackles Eels 25-23
Tackles Warriors 401-353

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
We had 54% of the ball
86% completion (Warriors 76%)
Penalties Eels 8-3

Missed tackles Eels 25-23
Tackles Warriors 401-353

panthers 3 weeks ago had 58% of the ball and completed at 88% (along with 42 warriors missed tackles and 12 errors only 23 / 9 today). Yet only won by 6.

the warriors have been pretty good recently including today

emjaycee

Coach
Keep grasping those straws.

We are so far off the top sides it’s not funny. Penrith are going to ambush the f**k out of us next week unless we pull out those amazing moves BA has been hiding.
I reckon if Panthers don't put 50 on us mate then they have failed to show they are the real deal. Seriously, based on comments from posters on here and the Fox commentators we are that shit house that we probably deserve to be fighting the Dogs and Drongo's for the spoon.

What straws am I clutching at?
We have played 17 games and won 13 of them. Whether we can perform in the semi's remains to be seen cause last time I looked there were still 3 rounds to go before we need to worry about that.
One week at a time.... One game at a time.

Tooooks

Bench
I hate it when I look at the ladder every week and see how our shithouse team are performing.

View attachment 41744

I know it seems ludicrous that we’re whinging when we’re outright 3rd with three weeks til finals, but for me it’s just so frustrating to see how we’re playing after seeing us playing to our potential (Or much closer to our potential than now) earlier in the year.

Our attack looks clueless and I think on Fox they said we’re 15th in attack since round 10.

Added to that, the top teams are beginning to peak and are near full strength. I don’t see our issues being fixed this year.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I reckon if Panthers don't put 50 on us mate then they have failed to show they are the real deal. Seriously, based on comments from posters on here and the Fox commentators we are that shit house that we probably deserve to be fighting the Dogs and Drongo's for the spoon.

We have played 17 games and won 13 of them. Whether we can perform in the semi's remains to be seen cause last time I looked there were still 3 rounds to go before we need to worry about that.
You be happy with that, we had all the ball and scored 2 tries with a man up due to a dodgy binning. 16 nil lead and we let a side with about 8 first graders out and nothing to play for almost run us over. BuT wE aRe RuNnINg 3Rd!!

Just making up the numbers.

Chocolate Soldiers are due for a loss and will not want to go into the finals on the back of a ridiculous winning streak. Slipperys are specials for this one, get on it @ 2.75 and thank me later by way of fiscally appreciative gestures, merkins.

strider

Post Whore
Moral victory for the Warriors, mental loss for the Eels. Personally, I gained no satisfaction from that win. We still have flat footed attack, sus defence, and won that one with the rub of the green. An Eels supporter doesn't live to 110...FFS!
its round 17 - there are no moral victories - you either get the 2 points or not

Eelogical

Referee

You can paint it any way to Sunday, we're done for this year. I'm being realistic, we aren't up to scratch based upon what I've seen over the last couple of months. We can sugarcoat it all we want.....akin to putting lipstick on a pig.

TheParraboy

Staff member
panthers 3 weeks ago had 58% of the ball and completed at 88% (along with 42 warriors missed tackles and 12 errors only 23 / 9 today). Yet only won by 6.

the warriors have been pretty good recently including today

Yes they have, I think what some of us have over looked is how good they actually are

They slaughtered the Knights last week

I think the Penrith game on Friday will be pretty close, hopefully the under dog tag will suit us nicely

Kornstar

Coach

Friday is fascinating. The Panthers have not really played anyone decent for a while but they have been taking care of them easily when they need to.

We have such mixed performances based on who we are playing and look anywhere between a top 4 side and a wooden spoon team in the same game.

We just need to compete and stay with them on Friday and that will prove where we are in terms of premiership aspirations.

Noise

Coach
Chocolate Soldiers are due for a loss and will not want to go into the finals on the back of a ridiculous winning streak. Slipperys are specials for this one, get on it @ 2.75 and thank me later by way of fiscally appreciative gestures, merkins.
Agreed. And a loss next week gives them time to build again for the finals. I got on us at that price too. Easy money...Probably...Maybe.