What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd17: Parra v Warriors GAME DAY thread (6/9/20)

Eelogical

Referee
its round 17 - there are no moral victories - you either get the 2 points or not

8714016-3x2-940x627.png

Wally21

Bench
Tough game.
Warriors in great form.
Our attack was average at times
Our defence however was extremely good. They scored 3 try’s that were all flukey in some way.
Hard to watch at times but that’s exactly the sort of game we would have lost last year.
Oh and I still hate Adam Blair with a passion. Dirty dog merkin

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Moral victory for the Warriors, mental loss for the Eels. Personally, I gained no satisfaction from that win. We still have flat footed attack, sus defence, and won that one with the rub of the green. An Eels supporter doesn't live to 110...FFS!

Panthers / roosters also only won by 6 over the warriors in the last few weeks.

if we are going so crap why wouId we be expected to defeat the warriors better than the 2 comp favourites....

Eelogical

Referee
Chocolate Soldiers are due for a loss and will not want to go into the finals on the back of a ridiculous winning streak. Slipperys are specials for this one, get on it @ 2.75 and thank me later by way of fiscally appreciative gestures, merkins.
I'm curious. What makes a team 'due'?

Wally21

Bench
I would really like for young field to kick on, but he went missing. His defence was extremely lazy at times.
Thought W Blake had his best game since the Panthers game.
Sivo is so f**king lazy. He makes my blood boil

Eelementary

Post Whore
I heard on the radio, on the drive home to watch the final 10 minutes, that Reed Mahoney is injured - a shoulder injury, I think they said?

That's horrible!

Peter Sterling was singing his praises in the match highlights.

Gronk

Staff member
Good game vs a very determined and worthy in-form opponent.

We wanted a win, improvement in attitude, defence and attack. :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:

We’re coming third with three games to go (playing 1st, 15th and 9th). We’re a good chance to win 2 of those and will finish the year top 4.

Who knows, we might even shake off the klunk and scrape by the Pennys.

I’ll leave the negative stuff to the rest of you. :thumbsup:

Wally21

Bench
Thanks, mate!

We love him to bits, but he's hard work!

But I know every parent says, and feels, the same.

He's worth the sleepless nights, and all the anxiety - he's a sweet boy!
They always are hard mate, but the most rewarding thing you’ll do in your life. Watched my 12 year old lad play soccer this morning. He can’t play for shit, but tried his guts out and made his old man very proud!!

Eelementary

Post Whore
They always are hard mate, but the most rewarding think you’ll do in your life. Watched my 12 year old lad play soccer this morning. He can’t play for shit, but tried his guys out and made his old man very proud!!

That's amazing, mate! I hope he helped his team to a win!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Good game vs a very determined and worthy in-form opponent.

We wanted a win, improvement in attitude, defence and attack. :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:

We’re coming third with three games to go (playing 1st, 15th and 9th). We’re a good chance to win 2 of those and will finish the year top 4.

Who knows, we might even shake off the klunk and scrape by the Pennys.

I’ll leave the negative stuff to the rest of you. :thumbsup:
So are you saying we are a chance????