What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18, Penrith Panthers Vs Para Eewls

WestyLife

First Grade
Agree. It’s one thing to play your best side, it’s another to ignore reality that injuries happen and the best prepared team is the best chance of winning it all.

Tamou, JFH, Mansour and Cleary would all be getting a game off after the Eels for mine with Yeo sitting is out one more week.

There’s a few games to play but it’s going to be ruthless to drop Leniu at this stage. It was mentioned he clocked 170m from 26 minutes but it’s wasn’t mentioned that was from only 13 runs. Obviously he’s come on when the going is a bit easier but there’s not many props who average more metres per carry than Leniu full stop. I think Capewell has 3 games to claim the spot but it’s Leniu’s atm.

No it isn't. Capewell plays a different position and brings different attributes. Capewell brings finals experience as a second rower and can play 80 minutes if required.

GongPanther

Referee
There are records to be broken if we can maintain this streak. Keeping our fittest and strongest side with be at the forefront of the players and coaching staff.

If it's not broken, don't fix it. Hopefully an undefeated run to the finals, and a win in the major preliminary final will at least equal Canterbury's 17 in a row.

In the meantime, enjoy the ride.:)

Pomoz

Bench
Given the nature of Yeo's injury, it makes sense to rest him one more week. A second head knock in what will be a fiery match, could be disastrous. It could mean him missing the finals. Why risk it when we are 3 points clear of the Storm?

age.s

First Grade
Given the nature of Yeo's injury, it makes sense to rest him one more week. A second head knock in what will be a fiery match, could be disastrous. It could mean him missing the finals. Why risk it when we are 3 points clear of the Storm?

This is the toughest hit out we'll have before the big show starts. Win this, all but secure the MP, give our strongest 17 the kind of test they haven't had in the last month then spend the next two weeks managing the squad.

That said, I wouldn't have a problem with them just playing our best 17 all the way through. Changing up combinations this close to the finals has a set of risks all of its own.

WestyLife

First Grade
This is the toughest hit out we'll have before the big show starts. Win this, all but secure the MP, give our strongest 17 the kind of test they haven't had in the last month then spend the next two weeks managing the squad.

That said, I wouldn't have a problem with them just playing our best 17 all the way through. Changing up combinations this close to the finals has a set of risks all of its own.

Yeah combinations will also be very important.

Pomoz

Bench

And the risk with the head injury?

tripster

Juniors
If we beat Parra and the Cowboys the MP is secured. We can then afford to give anyone a rest who needs it in the final week (or have the bench guys play more minutes).

Assuming we beat the Eels then there is a really good prospect that they finish 4th, and Roosters finish 3rd. That would mean the Storm play the Roosters in week one.

hindy111

Post Whore
5 day turnaround for Eels after a very tough game. I think Penrith win easy.
On Sivo. He is slow and lazy. Funny how he was the flavour of the month while now most Eels fan do not want him in the side.
Blake is the same. But he actualy stood up yesterday and had a go. So powerful.I've wondered how he would go on the wing or even if bulked up in the 2nd row.

Leinu is a weapon but I reckon need another 12mths. Still some puppy fat. Capwell offers a lot to the side. He judt hasn't played. The guy is tough as nails and smart.
It isninteresting what Penrith do with the squad next season tbh. Do they move Mansour on for Staines or Lauire? What about Tamou?

Unfortunately Parra are stuck with same 17. MJ another 2yrs ffs....

The_Frog

First Grade
It isninteresting what Penrith do with the squad next season tbh. Do they move Mansour on for Staines or Lauire? What about Tamou?
I do believe that is up to the players themselves. Tamou has been offered a one year deal but it seems he can get more money elsewhere. Staines is currently testing the market. I think the focus is more on this year as you can imagine.

GongPanther

Referee
I do believe that is up to the players themselves. Tamou has been offered a one year deal but it seems he can get more money elsewhere. Staines is currently testing the market. I think the focus is more on this year as you can imagine.
This club's policy is that we won't be held over a barrel as far as negotiations with contracts are concerned. If he wants that 1 year extension, he is welcome. If not, good luck to him as I'm sure there will be another big name prop who would love to play for us.

kinghippo

Juniors
This club's policy is that we won't be held over a barrel as far as negotiations with contracts are concerned. If he wants that 1 year extension, he is welcome. If not, good luck to him as I'm sure there will be another big name prop who would love to play for us.
The game has become far to competitive to carry a player even a year to long on big dollars.
I like Tamou but we can’t afford to give him good $$ and a long contract just because we like him. A year with a job afterwards would be great for us.

5 day turnaround for Eels after a very tough game. I think Penrith win easy.
On Sivo. He is slow and lazy. Funny how he was the flavour of the month while now most Eels fan do not want him in the side.
Blake is the same. But he actualy stood up yesterday and had a go. So powerful.I've wondered how he would go on the wing or even if bulked up in the 2nd row.

Leinu is a weapon but I reckon need another 12mths. Still some puppy fat. Capwell offers a lot to the side. He judt hasn't played. The guy is tough as nails and smart.

Unfortunately Parra are stuck with same 17. MJ another 2yrs ffs....

I shouldn’t be telling you this but here’s a tip with regards to playing Blake on the wing...............DON’T!!

Latest posts