What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 College Football

T-Boon

Coach
It looks like ACC will go ahead from 12 September (or whenever);
It would take something crazy for SEC not to happen - football is life down there;
I think Big 12 is still a go;
Big Ten postponed their season until spring but they did that when they were expecting everyone was about to do the same which hasn't happened so I bet some heads roll.
Pac12 is also not happening - I am not sure if it is postponed until spring or what the story is. High School football in California is cancelled.

Notre Dame Fighting Irish have gone from Independent to joining the ACC full time for the season.

The NCAA has decided that no player loses a year of eligibility even if they play a full season this year.

Most colleges have had many many positive covid tests over the passed few months.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF WE WILL GET COVERAGE HERE ON ESPN???

T-Boon

Coach
Notable players who have forgone the season:
Micah Parsons (Penn State junior/likely top 10 pick)

jaseg

Juniors
Other high profile opt outs:
J'Marr Chase (LSU WR)
Greg Rousseau (Miami DE)
Caleb Farley (Virginia Tech CB)
Rashod Bateman (Minnesota WR)
Jamie Newman (Georgia QB) - this one sucks, I put a little wager on Georgia when he transferred way back when
Sage Surratt (Wake Forest WR) - Newman's favourite receiver last year
Rondale Moore (Purdue WR)

Those are just the guys I've seen mentioned as round 1 candidates in the '21 draft - and that I remember.

RE Big Ten/PAC-12... I believe they're not cancelling their season officially, but postponing to the spring - likely won't play much in the spring either, but that way the schools in those conferences are not opening themselves up to potential roster exodus.

T-Boon

Coach
I suspect Newman must have realised he was not the starter. JT Daniels transferred in from USC. Daniels was very highly regarded 2 years ago.

Tom155

Coach
These refs in the Alabama vs ole miss game have been awful Bama getting every call

T-Boon

Coach
The Notre Dame v Clemson game was an instant classic.
The Clemson back up QB (DJ) must be a potential future number 1 pick.
Somehow the Irish stopped the Clemson running game - Ettiene ran for less than 30 yards.
Double over time victory to the Fighting Irish.
Then the students rushed the field so next weeks game will probably be cancelled due to Covid. Haha.

Tom155

Coach
Semi finals starting now Rose bowl up first

My tips
Bama easily handles ND
Clemson beats Ohio State

Tom155

Coach
ND returner gets blasted and fumbles the opening kickoff

Another ND player luckily there to recover

Valheru

Coach
This is going to be a beat down. This is where I would really like a group of 5 team like Cincinnati to get a shot.

Result is probably the same but it at least makes it interesting and gives those group of 5 teams something to play for.

I believe the natural evolution of the CFP will and should be an 8 team system where the power 5 conference winners qualify (as long as they are ranked in top 25) as well as the best ranked group of 5 team (again they have to be ranked top 25) and then 2 wild cards.

Under that system this year we would have had

Bama v Cincinnati
Clemson v TA&M
OSU v ND
OU v Oregon

The above is assuming conference winners get re-seeded higher. If you go straight rankings it would be

Bama v Oregon
Clemson v Cincinnati
OSU v OU
ND v TA&M

Latest posts