What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt & Max Feagai

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I don't get to see Ramsey in real life and wonder if he is ready to be bashed in NRL.
Possum is always bangin' on about him what's others thinking.
Fegai Twins have the size according to their profile stats.

I agree it's legit to question whether Ramsey ( and Schiller and the other high performing juniors) are ready for NRL- both physically and psychologically in 2021. When I saw Ramsey's junior highlight package, he appeared more solid than he looks now. I recall thinking he didn't look any bigger than Dufty last time I saw him in footy gear.

Puff

First Grade
I know someone who knows Ramsey. He isn’t ready for first grade. However, his comments on if he was selected was that he would get it a red hot go. Unlike other youngster at our club, his opinion is Ramsey’s determination is unlike others. So he will make mistakes but he will go harder then most.

This coming from someone in youth development.

He opinion on the twins was that they should be the next youngsters looked at. He suggested they were the real deal.

redVinme

Juniors
I know someone who knows Ramsey. He isn’t ready for first grade. However, his comments on if he was selected was that he would get it a red hot go. Unlike other youngster at our club, his opinion is Ramsey’s determination is unlike others. So he will make mistakes but he will go harder then most.

He opinion on the twins was that they should be the next youngsters looked at. He suggested they were the real deal.

Ramsey isn't big but is a tough country boy not scared of contact. That's a start. Looks at paps

LINESPEED

Juniors
Really good news and so all talk of being thin on the ground for outside backs, now it is time to give these two a taste of first grade in preparation for season 2021.

If Dean Young really wanted to carve out his own path and by doing that win the fans over and move our club forward. Our current team has some problems and if Young shows he can identify these problems and more importantly do something about them, then he may be a winner. So, over the last 6 rounds, I'd like to see him;

• Give Ramsey a go at fullback and Dufty at five-eighth
  • Give both Feagais' a run in first-grade but not necessarily at the same time.
  • Play Blacker and/or Ellis off the bench each game until the end of the year.
  • Drop Aitken and Norman from the team for the remainder of the season.

Max should at least hit the bench this week Dean FFS

...as your unwanted & undeserving mate Aitken hits the media to deflect from the bleeding obvious
(& hasn’t he & Norman been well schooled in the art of deflection):

And that is that he should be rotated out to Rotorua ASAP
(NB
Sore hammy is your easiest way out of this Deano - or that precious commodity called ‘respect’ will surely wane)

FMD
Just listen to the selfish & deluded prick that’s screwed over our backline & junior progression for years:

“Aitken revealed that the Dragons didn’t even present him with an offer to stay, but he isn’t bitter as he aims to finish his time at the Red V on a high.

“I thought I was playing good enough footy to deserve a new contract or an offer, even if it wasn’t the best offer,” Aitken said.”:sleepy:

Luckily he hasn’t cost us the Feagais,
re-signed just in time IMO
- as others were circling

PS
Brittain is excess McSacked journeyman-era baggage with 2-3 NRL games at 26yrs WTF

You’ve gotta be tankin’ Flanno
...with ‘advice’ like that?

Last edited:

boardlumps62

Juniors

No point throwing them to the Wolves. They need to be both physically and mentally ready. The coaches will know just wait.

getsmarty

Immortal
aitken-30-07-20_rjm_10.jpg

DRAGONS

Departing Aitken endorses succession plan
Author
Brad Walter NRL.com Senior Reporter
Timestamp
Wed 26 Aug 2020, 07:01 AM
walterbrad-head.png

Departing St George Illawarra star Euan Aitken has endorsed the players identified ahead of him as the club's long-term centre options.

Highly-rated twins Max and Mat Feagai were re-signed until the end of the 2022 season on Monday, with the pair upgraded to the 30-man NRL squad.

The pair, who last year represented NSW Under 18s and the Australian schoolboys, were part of the Dragons succession plan after Tim Lafai and Aitken came off contract at the end of this season.

With Lafai released to Canterbury and Aitken joining the Warriors after being advised St George Illawarra would not make him an offer for next season, the Feagais will battle it out with Zac Lomax, Brayden Williame, Jordan Pereira and Mikaele Ravalawa for outside back spots.

Max was named in Dean Young's extended 21-man squad for Friday night’s match against Gold Coast Titans, although it appears unlikely he will make his NRL debut this weekend.

"They are talented. I have had a bit of a relationship with them, working with them through the ranks and doing little skills together so it is great to see those guys get extended," Aitken said.

"They deserve it and I think they are going to be superstars for years come so I can’t wait to see their transition into first grade."

Five-eighth Corey Norman added: "They are good trainers, they are very skilful and talented. One of them is in the squad this week so I think that is good and I can’t wait for them to get their chance."

I thought I was playing good enough football to deserve a contract

Outgoing Dragons centre Euan Aitken
With Matt Dufty establishing himself at fullback, Lomax and Ravalawa forming a strong right edge combination and halfback Adam Clune impressing in his first 11 NRL matches, St George Illawarra has the nucleus of a backline for years to come.

Max and Mat Feagai, who can both play centre or wing, playmaker Jayden Sullivan and five-eighth Junior Amone are among the next group of exciting youngsters Dragons director of pathways and list management Ian Millward believes can make the step up to the NRL ranks.

Their emergence meant there was no room for Aitken at St George Illawarra, who is understood to have been asked about a shift into the second-row before signing a three-year deal with the Warriors.

"I thought I was playing good enough football to deserve a contract, or even an offer, but it is what it is and I am not bitter," Aitken said.

"I have had a lot of good experiences, the fans are loyal and there is a lot of great support here.

"I am really excited to head over to Auckland for a new chapter in my life with my partner. The Warriors have faced a lot of adversity this year with COVID and moving countries but they are still providing a couple of wins.

"It’s going to be a new start for them as well with a new coach in Nathan Brown."

After back-to-back wins against Parramatta and Brisbane, the Dragons players believe they can bridge the four-point gap to eighth-place Cronulla and qualify for the finals.

"I believe we can," Aitken said. "I would love to finish my time at the club with a finals berth and I think Tyson Frizell would be the same so we are doing everything possible to win our games."

ravalawam-try_2nh_7024.jpg

Dragons duo Mikaele Ravalawa and Zac Lomax. :copyright:Nathan Hopkins/NRL Photos
Frizell, who has signed with Newcastle for next year, admitted it was a difficult assignment.

"It’s a tough reach but we are doing everything possible that we can to see ourselves there at the end of the year," he said. "I’d love to be playing some finals footy in my last year with the club."

Norman, whose future at WIN Stadium is under a cloud after he was dropped for the round 13 match against Sydney Roosters, also said the players hadn’t given up on a finals berth.

A decision on Norman's future is likely to rest with the Dragons new coach and the Queensland Origin representative said he'd be happy to work under Anthony Griffin again.

"I had 'Hook' [Griffin] though the [under] 20s and into first grade at Brisbane," Norman said. "I know what he's like and what type of bloke he is.

"I haven't had him as coach for a while, but I got along with him well. He's a good bloke and a good coach."

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/08/26/departing-aitken-endorses-succession-plan/

LINESPEED

Juniors

DRAGONS

Author
Timestamp
walterbrad-head.png

Departing St George Illawarra star Euan Aitken has endorsed the players identified ahead of him as the club's long-term centre options.

Highly-rated twins Max and Mat Feagai were re-signed until the end of the 2022 season on Monday, with the pair upgraded to the 30-man NRL squad.

The pair, who last year represented NSW Under 18s and the Australian schoolboys, were part of the Dragons succession plan after Tim Lafai and Aitken came off contract at the end of this season.

With Lafai released to Canterbury and Aitken joining the Warriors after being advised St George Illawarra would not make him an offer for next season, the Feagais will battle it out with Zac Lomax, Brayden Williame, Jordan Pereira and Mikaele Ravalawa for outside back spots.

Max was named in Dean Young's extended 21-man squad for Friday night’s match against Gold Coast Titans, although it appears unlikely he will make his NRL debut this weekend.

"They are talented. I have had a bit of a relationship with them, working with them through the ranks and doing little skills together so it is great to see those guys get extended," Aitken said.

"They deserve it and I think they are going to be superstars for years come so I can’t wait to see their transition into first grade."

Five-eighth Corey Norman added: "They are good trainers, they are very skilful and talented. One of them is in the squad this week so I think that is good and I can’t wait for them to get their chance."

With Matt Dufty establishing himself at fullback, Lomax and Ravalawa forming a strong right edge combination and halfback Adam Clune impressing in his first 11 NRL matches, St George Illawarra has the nucleus of a backline for years to come.

Max and Mat Feagai, who can both play centre or wing, playmaker Jayden Sullivan and five-eighth Junior Amone are among the next group of exciting youngsters Dragons director of pathways and list management Ian Millward believes can make the step up to the NRL ranks.

Their emergence meant there was no room for Aitken at St George Illawarra, who is understood to have been asked about a shift into the second-row before signing a three-year deal with the Warriors.

"I thought I was playing good enough football to deserve a contract, or even an offer, but it is what it is and I am not bitter," Aitken said.

"I have had a lot of good experiences, the fans are loyal and there is a lot of great support here.

"I am really excited to head over to Auckland for a new chapter in my life with my partner. The Warriors have faced a lot of adversity this year with COVID and moving countries but they are still providing a couple of wins.

"It’s going to be a new start for them as well with a new coach in Nathan Brown."

After back-to-back wins against Parramatta and Brisbane, the Dragons players believe they can bridge the four-point gap to eighth-place Cronulla and qualify for the finals.

"I believe we can," Aitken said. "I would love to finish my time at the club with a finals berth and I think Tyson Frizell would be the same so we are doing everything possible to win our games."

Dragons duo Mikaele Ravalawa and Zac Lomax. :copyright:Nathan Hopkins/NRL Photos
Frizell, who has signed with Newcastle for next year, admitted it was a difficult assignment.

"It’s a tough reach but we are doing everything possible that we can to see ourselves there at the end of the year," he said. "I’d love to be playing some finals footy in my last year with the club."

Norman, whose future at WIN Stadium is under a cloud after he was dropped for the round 13 match against Sydney Roosters, also said the players hadn’t given up on a finals berth.

A decision on Norman's future is likely to rest with the Dragons new coach and the Queensland Origin representative said he'd be happy to work under Anthony Griffin again.

"I had 'Hook' [Griffin] though the [under] 20s and into first grade at Brisbane," Norman said. "I know what he's like and what type of bloke he is.

"I haven't had him as coach for a while, but I got along with him well. He's a good bloke and a good coach."

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/08/26/departing-aitken-endorses-succession-plan/

Hmm....
Well said Euan

I did wonder though what skills’ sets you’d managed to ‘pass’
onto them.

How’s the hammy?

denis preston

First Grade
Couldn't disagree with anything Aitkin said here and it was a classy statement ( probably wants a job back here when he retires ! ) The only issue i have is why have Feagai in the squad and not play him ? Why pick Aitkin he is leaving.Shades of Mcwreakers exit and given last game to go out in style. Think our board as well as our coaching needs a real hard edge to it instead of being nice guys to "good blokes "

LINESPEED

Juniors
Young is Mary MarkII

I did use the word ‘Clone’
...but I sincerely hope it’s NOT the case.
I agree 100% with DP on this too.

The recent re-signings of the Feagais & Max’s instant (& sudden bypassing of Williame) inclusion in the 21 smacks of their frustration at Aitken’s ongoing mateship credentials with Deano and the fact that a logical debut was being thwarted

& as a result other opportunities elsewhere were in the offing & beckoning

So the Club has acted quickly

Aitken’s crook hammy is the dignified way to end this farce Deano

Last edited:

Dragons4me

Juniors

DRAGONS

Author
Timestamp
walterbrad-head.png

Well said and thank you for your contribution Euan. I've never criticized any player that has worn the mighty Red V and his comments clearly show he's never visited this forum before.

LINESPEED

Juniors
I don't get to see Ramsey in real life and wonder if he is ready to be bashed in NRL.
Possum is always bangin' on about him what's others thinking.
Fegai Twins have the size according to their profile stats.

Had Max & Tristan played from Rd5, & Cody more recently off the bench, we’d’ve made the 8 IMHO.

Why?

Because we’d’ve added 3 skilled ball players, giving us attacking options to complement Zac & Duff.

And we would’ve scored far more points per game

Lack of creative backline attack has been our major problem for years, and the failure to redress this issue,

because of intransigent, conservative & blinkered selection agendas,

has brought us to this ignominious point in our history

Quite simple really

PS
.... debutants have been thriving elsewhere across the NRL Deano?

And you’ve surely seen enough Webby to send Deano on his way.

FFS
Poor fella,

....his mentors were the 2 worst coaches in our history
Lol

And BTW Webby
Leave the coaching appointment until season end
Then make that call to Bennett

Last edited:

Latest posts