What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

100% Official Griffin for the next 2 years

blacksafake

First Grade
YOU BLOODY BEAUTY.......WAS ALWAYS MY CHOICE......NOW LETS GET RID OF THE DEAD WOOD AND START A FAIR DINKUM RECRUITMENT DRIVE IN CONJUNCTION WITH OUR YOUNGER UP AND COMERS......AND PLEASE NO MORE USED BY DATE PLODDERS
Glad to see you’re so excited BSE that you had to SHOUT it out :joy::joy::joy:

Seriously though under the circumstances it’s a good signing. It shows that the press don’t know sh*t with their comments last week that the club was going to conduct more interviews this week, although Young when asked on Fox about the situation said the club would make a decision early this week.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Glad to see you’re so excited BSE that you had to SHOUT it out :joy::joy::joy:

Seriously though under the circumstances it’s a good signing. It shows that the press don’t know sh*t with their comments last week that the club was going to conduct more interviews this week, although Young when asked on Fox about the situation said the club would make a decision early this week.
Whos excited mate....my keyboard was stuck on the caps lock lol

qld redvee

Juniors
Honestly, you just want to see improvement, can’t expect any more. If he sees you improve and gets you in top 8 contention then he will have done his job.
Kilkenny
100% agree - after the last dismal years lets try and drag ourselves off the bottom and start heading up. If hook can start building a pathway with juniors then we can always upgrade the coach in 2 years when there is a suitable upgrade available . and like you said hook has done his job
BUT we have to rebuild and I reckon hook can get that done

Unsainty79

Juniors
A sensible appointment, probably the best coach available on the market. I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do with some of the young players coming through.

It’s a real positive that he’s worked with Young and they have a working relationship from Tonga. Griffin speaks highly of Young and vice versa. Its refreshing to know that they can just get cracking pretty much immediately, unlike the sh*t fight happening at the Dogs.

To the people expecting a top 8 side and massive recruitment drive next year, I think you’re misguided, if not delusional. Of course we will look to strengthen in some areas, but we shouldn’t be desperate and we shouldn’t sign players at the detriment of some of our younger guys.

There’s no chance of another side picking up Norman or either of the Sims boys for next year (Even if half the members of the forum think we can just release them), so Griffin needs patience - Hopefully over the next 2 years we can see a side that’s becoming a real force, even If it’s not straight away or even in his first season.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
A sensible appointment, probably the best coach available on the market. I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do with some of the young players coming through.

It’s a real positive that he’s worked with Young and they have a working relationship from Tonga. Griffin speaks highly of Young and vice versa. Its refreshing to know that they can just get cracking pretty much immediately, unlike the sh*t fight happening at the Dogs.

To the people expecting a top 8 side and massive recruitment drive next year, I think you’re misguided, if not delusional. Of course we will look to strengthen in some areas, but we shouldn’t be desperate and we shouldn’t sign players at the detriment of some of our younger guys.

There’s no chance of another side picking up Norman or either of the Sims boys for next year (Even if half the members of the forum think we can just release them), so Griffin needs patience - Hopefully over the next 2 years we can see a side that’s becoming a real force, even If it’s not straight away or even in his first season.

Great post.

RedVDave

First Grade
1*d8O7TfTHwPeftRwl28ey4g.jpeg

Great news! ...But what's his affiliation to the Dragons?

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Whilst he isn’t everyone’s cup of tea he is exactly what the dragons need.

If the SMH is continuously going to go on about his time at panthers take a hard look at all the players that may have had issues with him.
Cleary got rid of them all.
He is a hard arse but what I liked about him he gave the youngsters a go. Didn’t hook them the minute they dropped a ball. If you look at a game he coached against us in 2018 that panthers side had so many kids that today they are part of that panthers set up.

And Webby probably couldn’t believe Gould any longer when he told him that he never conducted a real Review of the dragons hence why you haven’t found anything of note I have said.
Let’s see the SMH and 9 journos dig deeper than his twitter account this week

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Seems like a sensible choice.

has runs on the board and is an outsider.

thank god not another rookie coach

me thinks someone high up from St George has been reading this forum.

If someone high up is reading this post...please f**k NORMAN OFF RIGHT NOW!!!

Last edited:

Coffs dragon

Bench

Well said and I also agree.
This is a great first step and Onwards & Upwards for 2021 and beyond.

boardlumps62

Juniors
And who would have you chosen ?
Toovey?
Furner?
Wane (No NRL Experience)
Young
Walters
Daley

who?
Fitzgibbon doesn't want to come....
Yes Mickey Lane you were only a winger but your smart. Should have been a Corey Norman.
I would have gone for Wane as all others were not that exciting. But Fitzy well he appears to me as only a bald head does he have the smarts to be a Head Coach. I don't know?
But if you just watched NRL 360 there was a concerted effort by the media to smear his character. Unbelievable so I hope he does good. Then Blacklock was bought in by the media to dish the Dragons well that done me. Media crap. Go the Dragons.